• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] Perth Smash Thread

Pete278

Smash Lord
Me and Andy, probably, and I assume Kane is? I obviously can't speak for him, but he normally goes.
EDIT: Also, 1 Brawl tournament vs DotA, CSS, Quake, a ****ty Brawl tournament... List goes on :p.

Jupz

Smash Master
Brawl is the only game I play so yes a brawl tournament :p

Awww I love versing Kane hes probably my fave person to verse :(

Vlade

Social Outcast
Results are up :)

I suggest you leave tournament hosting to me ;) While I'm away you guys should organise a smashfest or something to keep your skills up.

In progress of writing up the next tournament post - I think I'll just edit the current Objection3 post :)

Jupz

Smash Master
But you're away on the holidays which is the best time to have them :p

Smashfests arent as fun. I'm sure everyone would still come to a tourney on the holidays :)

Jono!

Smash Journeyman
Yer i might be going to RFLAN with my brosefs. Aion comes out 22nd septemeber AND IVE ALREADY PRE-BOUGHT THE COLLECTORS EDITION ZOMG. Anyone else playing it? You guys should check it out seriously, im thinking of going a cleric xtotheD

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
Going to play Aion's open beta because all my friends are hyping it but I've never really played an MMORPG.

Vlade i think we're pretty capable of holding tournaments but smashfests are as much fun as tourneys, more relaxed and we can do whatever we want without having to follow a strict schedule.

Jupz

Smash Master
But I always suck in friendlies :p

So about 4 people can't come cause of RFLan but we could still get around 20 people :)

What if I hosted a tourney/smashfest? With singles only, but we get the whole day so we could have a few TVs set up for tourney matches and a few for brawl friendlies and side games, rather then having like certain times for other games and tourneys? The singles tournament would take a while so it would be interesting and we could also have a side tourney of some sort.

Btw whats Aion?

Vlade

Social Outcast
Alright, tournament post is up :)

Please let me know if you're coming, and what setups you can bring (TVs, Wiis, Brawl, Melee, N64, etc)

Roman I'll leave SSB64 details up to you, I've posted up the ruleset and the fact that there will be SSB64 at the tournament. I highly suggest that winner takes all for payouts

EDIT:

I might consider playing Aion, hopefully I won't fail school :p

I dibs mage

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
I'm in, I'll bring a Wii+brawl, N64+SSB64, and a spare N64 controller.

Roman give us a shout and I'll be happy to help out with the SSb64 tourney (of course that goes with brawl also but I usually help do what I can anyway)

Alzi

Smash Master
You guys should all be playing Wind Waker.

I'll come tourney and i will enter singles, doubles and smash 64. How much will it cost to enter Smash 64 and how will the prize money get split up?

ergoproxy

Smash Rookie
I agree Aion fails. Thought PVP in the air would be awesome... how wrong i was.

Vlade, both myself Kane and Trill are coming to the 13th (RF... pfft) and will most likely with a setup (TV, Wii, brawl copy and 64.)

Vlade

Social Outcast
@ Alzi: Not sure yet but I'm pretty sure entry is a gold coin and payout will end up being 'winner takes all'.

Look forward to seeing you guys there proxy :) Thanks for the setup

True Romance

Smash Ace
Dota, CSS and CoD are all extremely bad games. And I say this having been mega pro at 2 out of 3 of them. Only point of going to RF is to leech. I'll def be going to brawl tourney, and yeah we can get 64 going together Trav, you seem real enthusiastic I just suggested it for fun :p

Jupz

Smash Master
I'll be entering melee so can I borrow someones GC controller for the couple of matches im in?

I'm aiming for top 2 in brawl :)

Alzi

Smash Master
Top 2 is impossible to get. The only chance of getting that is if 2 of the good players stop going to the tourneys lol. Heres what i plan to come for the day:

Brawl: 4th
Doubles: 3rd
Smash 64: 3rd

I'm estimating that for the day for me.

Kane smash 64 is serious buisness. :p

Richard7

Smash Ace
Dota, CSS and CoD are all extremely bad games. And I say this having been mega pro at 2 out of 3 of them. Only point of going to RF is to leech. I'll def be going to brawl tourney, and yeah we can get 64 going together Trav, you seem real enthusiastic I just suggested it for fun :p
Dota may not float some people's boats and maybe even CSS too, but CoD4? No way. :chuckle:

Pete278

Smash Lord
To be really honest here, I doubt I'm going to survive this lynching, but here goes: Brawl doesn't work as a competetive game. For my competetive fighting dosage, I'd much rather Tekken or Street Fighter, but, this being Perth, I take what I get. I don't play CSS competetively, no, so that tournament's irrelevant, and only one of my mates plays CoD since everyone else plays CSS, but again, still fun, and same thing with DotA. I go to Brawl tournaments for the purposes of having fun, since, let's be honest, I won't win any money, ever. Ergo, if I have a choice between 4 or so hours of fun or 26 hours of fun, I'm going to pick 26.

In other news, more walls of text about topics you don't care about. And opinions. So many opinions, on topics without statistical evidence.

Vlade

Social Outcast
What's DK's infinite? XD

Oh yeah for the melee players:

Wobbling banned or unbanned? Personally I don't think it'll be a problem in perth so I've left it unbanned.

Alzi

Smash Master
Corps jumping to the good stuff. :p

I always loved those land mines in goldeneye farout they were epic. In multiplayer hell i would throw some in the toilets then run out and wait for my sister and cousin to go in there then boom.

True Romance

Smash Ace
Dota is less competitive then brawl imo. The only reason it has lingered for as long as it has is the constant inclusion of new content which every version ***** balance and drastically alters the meta game until two or three versions later they finally get the balancing issues right just to throw in new **** and cluster **** the meta game once again. There has been balance issues in Dota that make metaknight look like a walk in the park comparatively.

Other then being the most dull game on the planet, CSS is legitimately competitive, but coming from a more death match shooter back ground (at least at around the time css came out) I never really got into it.

CoD4 is OK. I got bored of competitive play when nerdy nades started dominating play. I like to actually shoot people :D Oh and non promod CoD4 is vomit inducing.

edit - you can escape dk's infinite, apparently isai discovered how, just myself and my house mates don't know how to do it :D

True Romance

Smash Ace
It is them being terrible, timing is stricter against humans by a lot. But yeah it definitely can be escaped by a human.

Oh on another note, if I know there's enough people wanting it I'll bring Golden eye to. Also have perfect dark, gauntlet legends, lylat wars and other multi player goodies if people are interested.

Top Bottom