• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - MLG Anaheim 2014 Vote here to keep Brawl for the 2011 circuit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
I vote for the MLG to keep the Brawl tournaments. Hopefully, they'll let you use the homebrew channel to record the games longer than 3 minutes, or you could use a dazzle to record the matches as a back up.

GTZ

Smash Ace
NNID
Arctic-Cat
i vote for mlg to keep brawl under the pretense that there is no more cheating/bracket issues

D

Deleted member

To be fair Umbreon, people can act completely different when they can hide behind a computer screen and the majority of them do so.

The majority of people asking Brawl questions not in the community at MLG were answered relatively quickly and nicely.
Oh, then that's quite different. I defaulted (arrogantly, I suppose) MLG's interaction with this community and did not consider anything outside of that. My bad.

I'd love to see what you're using as sources for this.
propositional logic only carries the burden of truth or requires some verifiable proof when an absolute assertion is made. my post is speculation, and no such sources are needed, nor could it be proven. it's just one of those "from my point of view" things.

~Tac~

One day at a time.
NNID
Kamidachi
Switch FC
SW-6745-2861-2990
There's so much one could say about the terms of "balance" in the game. Blazblue is pretty silly in terms of blocks. And once you get in a combo, you're in it 'til it's done. If you can do these silly guardbreak to 25hit combos in Blazblue, then you'll say MK is broken.

Just like in Brawl, if you can time a tornado perfect every time and sweetspot-stagespike UpB everytime, you're going to say that BlazBlue is dumb. I think the trolling should've ended long ago. Long, long ago.

TheSaintKai

Smash Ace
Look, can someone get an admin into here?
Let's just lock this thread, I started it a long time ago on the hopes that something might have been done, and we lost.

I'm okay with us losing, but let's not have a thread in the MLG forums turned into troll-mania and a discussion about BlazBlue.
It makes us like kind of dumb.

NAMESEARCH Hylian AlphaZealot Marcbri

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Get that **** out of here. You probably don't know anything about the game. Instant blocking that puts any amazing move at -6, multiple broken characters. Yeah that ****s balanced.
CS2 reduced the effect of instant blocking.

And now there's only one broken character :p

Even then, Makoto is more balanced than MK imo.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
propositional logic only carries the burden of truth or requires some verifiable proof when an absolute assertion is made. my post is speculation, and no such sources are needed, nor could it be proven. it's just one of those "from my point of view" things.
No absolute assertion huh?

I bet it's hard for MLG to take the brawl community and its requests to keep brawl on its roster seriously when the community itself bashes their own game. Not that I blame them at all, brawl is atrocious even to bystanders. I really have no idea if/how MLG made any money off of this game for the 2010 circuit.

This isn't a blanket statement to suggest that everyone on smashboards hates brawl, but really what percentage of the community population has to hate on it before the primary competitive sponsor drops it? I'm pretty sure this site is well past that threshold value.
Nothing here even suggesting it was speculation, this post is a very large assumption that tries to pass off things that contradict what many player even myself who went to MLG Columbus.

If people really hated brawl that much, I doubt they would be playing it. Generally if I don't like a hobby or a job, you ya know quit?

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
I bet it's hard for MLG to take the brawl community and its requests to keep brawl on its roster seriously when the community itself bashes their own game. Not that I blame them at all, brawl is atrocious even to bystanders. I really have no idea if/how MLG made any money off of this game for the 2010 circuit.
Not like I speak for the Brawl community, but why would someone bash an activity that they, themselves do? That is like saying, "I hate playing that game, but I do it anyways." Which in turn would just show they have no self-control or will power to quit.

"Brawl is atrocious even to bystanders." Way to generalize and try to pass off your opinion as a fact. Typical.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Not like I speak for the Brawl community, but why would someone bash an activity that they, themselves do? That is like saying, "I hate playing that game, but I do it anyways." Which in turn would just show they have no self-control or will power to quit.

"Brawl is atrocious even to bystanders." Way to generalize and try to pass off your opinion as a fact. Typical.
Money is a powerful tool.. =P

BlackKnight23

Smash Apprentice
brawl takes intelligence, and a little bit of tech skill

melee takes intelligence, and a lot of tech skill and knowledge of situations and combos matters a lot more, and controller matters a LOT more

they both take intelligence but melee is far far easier to get rusty at due to tech skill/controller issues
Using this as a sig, they can't dispute this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom