• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Volt Tackle Videos: Replay Archive + Critique Thread

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
Uhhh....how? Did you forget to read the top players part because this guy isn't our #1 PR lol. He's actually pretty free for most players in my region.

Roller

Smash Legend
I played a game against him at Pound, I was up 3 stocks to 1 when we got told we had to leave the setup for a tourney match. So he is free. (granted I was using ICs)

But the fact that seibrik does it is what would serve as a counter to your point, Lucky.

And yeah, it does work sometimes, I've gotten top players with it before as well, but it is not by any means often.

Roller

Smash Legend
Read again. He says "they will mess up their SDI," that is exactly the scenario. He also adds OR not get hit by the first hit. However his post makes it clear that the former happens. And it does.

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
Yeah messing up DI isn't the same as not knowing how to DI. Pretty sure what ESAM said about killing seibrik at 70% is something that rarely happens when they shoot straight up so it's a free thunder without any jump or dash inputs. I wasn't talking about dsmash leading into thunder in the first place anyway.

Syko_Lemming

Smash Ace
I had to go back 5 pages to find someone who'd posted a video in the appropriate format :/

Lamb :pika: vs Raziek :marth: Winners Finals
(This set didn't actually finish cause I had to leave.)

I know my recoveries look predictable, but if I've learned one thing about playing marth, it's that being on the ledge sucks. Being mobile and on the stage is the way to be.

Also, BF is like my favorite stage now. Don't tell raz.

Lamb :pika: vs Croi :wario:/:lucas:WB R2

F*** Lucas.

Lamb :pika: vs Biggie-Smalls :lucario: WB R3
(This set ended up with me taking his lucario to mansion with olimar. It was fun.)

linkisthebest123

Smash Journeyman
Lucky, the point is, you are a *******. Quit defending your point when I quite clearly proved you wrong. You also stated "^that, so funny when it happens." Referring to Esam's post about seibrik FAILING to di it. Do you think its possible that OTHER top players could fail to di it too? You really need to learn to admit defeat. Roller doesn't even like me and he knows I'm right.

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
Lucky, the point is, you are a *******. Quit defending your point when I quite clearly proved you wrong. You also stated "^that, so funny when it happens." Referring to Esam's post about seibrik FAILING to di it. Do you think its possible that OTHER top players could fail to di it too? You really need to learn to admit defeat. Roller doesn't even like me and he knows I'm right.
What did you prove rofl? You're pretty much jumping onto what everyone else is saying, I don't see you saying anything yourself. I didn't want to have to waste time explaining stuff to you, but I already stated that wasn't what I was talking about to begin with. What ESAM said was a rare occurence when someone messes up and in your video with Viviff he just didn't know how to DI it. "^that so funny when that happens" is what I said referring to the free thunder out of a dsmash. You never got a thunder off of a dsmash against Viviff so clearly that wasn't what I was talking about. My post way earlier in the thread emphasized the fact that he was AIRDODGING INTO YOUR THUNDER as if he was a fly buzzing towards the light and got zapped. A top player who knows the matchup should know how to dodge the thunder because every damn pikachu in the world will follow up with a thunder after an usmash if the opponent is close enough. Viviff, instead of moving away from it, airdodged early and moved towards it not once, but twice which resulted in him losing a stock both times. The dsmash crap wasn't even that crucial to begin with to me.

linkisthebest, y u mad?
It's just how he is, stubborn as a Brick. :awesome:

So, I just got Luckay's opponent in the video banned for spamming. LOL

:yeahboi::yeahboi::yeahboi::yeahboi: :yeahboi::yeahboi: :yeahboi::yeahboi::yeahboi::yeahboi::yeahboi: :yeahboi::yeahboi::yeahboi::yeahboi::yeahboi:
People in the md/va thread cracking up about this.

Tagxy

Smash Lord
oi luckay why are you writing novels, lmao. Just be quite and everyone else will to :)

linkisthebest123

Smash Journeyman
LOL. Luckay, Maybe you don't understand how to play pika, maybe you are just a bad player. I place the thunders where I predict the opponent will go. Every single pika I have ever seen play does this (at high levels of course) including esam. This is so even if they do air dodge, they will still hit the thunder.

Also, the "rare" occurrence that someone doesn't di it correctly? Okay. Pretty sure viviff Di's it correctly 90% of the time. Your opponents that I've seen DIed it correctly about 10%. Quit twisting your words to make yourself right. I'm using direct quotes to prove my point. You are twisting things you have already said, trying to prove me wrong. And failing pretty hard at it.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
*waits for Genesis* Brick, my bro wants to MM you for any amount vs any of his characters (Zelda, Bowser, ZSS).

Anyway, time to critique Lamb

(vs Raziek) You should still go to the ledge sometimes. Potentially getting hit later is better than getting hit now because of predictable recoveries. Also, camp more. You don't always have to approach and you do some risky QA approaches for no reason when you could just throw a T-jolt or two. Other than that, really solid.

I got bored watching the other ones, you outclass them so the matches aren't fun.

linkisthebest123

Smash Journeyman
I'll vs. all 3 of them XD

It'll be good exp. I'll prob get ***** by his zss. But bowser I'll beat. Zelda I have no idea.

5$ mm for each? :D

linkisthebest123

Smash Journeyman
Awesome. :D

He should **** me with all of his characters, since he has you to practice against lol.

If I'm as good as YOU think I am XD

Roller

Smash Legend
I enjoyed that vid BKing, picked up some good stuff for vs Peach. I do have a few situation specific critiques which I will post later, but for now, I need your brstm files. I'm loving the Kingdom Hearts soundtrack way too much after watching.

EDIT: Also, good to see you back in action. n_n

Nordal

Smash Lord
Overall you need to be more aware of what you can and cannot do with grenades. You never threw them back and he was able to frame trap you accordingly because of it. I'd ask Esam for snake details though since snake is his specialty.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
#1: WATCH OUT FOR THE OBVIOUS ****!

Every snake does the obvious ****. When he is falling on you he is going to do one of 3 things: Pivot grenade, air dodge or bair. You can space bair and air dodge correctly with pivot F-smashed, and you can do that after the point that they would normally pivot grenade (If they pivot grenade right next to the ground they won't be going very far backwards).

#2: Make him hurt from going off-stage.

You don't need a grab in this match to win. I've hit MVD off stage at 20% before and he couldn't come back until 140%. Learn to place your nairs/thunders/dairs correctly and learn to read his landings on-stage (they will be even more obvious than in rule #1. Take away Pivot grenade...so you just have to space your F-smash right). D-tilt him off, grab attack him and release him, dair f-tilt, ANYTHING! JUST GET HIM OFF LEVEL!!!

#3: When he is recovering, TOSS HIS GRENADES UP!

Snakes, and MVD in particular, always throw grenades before they cypher to try to cover their landings. Instant throw that **** back up. It will limit his options and force him to air-dodge preemptively, or get hit by thunder after the grenade and die at like 100%. You can nair/dair him back out for that. **** is free son.

Sorry that I'm not specifically critiquing, but I have a feeling these things will help more in general. I'm also not the kind of person to do play-by-play analysis.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Yeah, that's pretty much my persona though. I'm blunt and I like...colorful words. Makes me look like a **** to others, but *shrugs* i'm just the same as other people without a filter when it comes to smash stuff + profanity.

So, if I meet you and say you suck, don't be offended. I think like...everybody sucks besides like...top top players.

*Cam*

Smash Lord
I agree with Roller, good read.

Couple of things:

1) How do you do the instant throw thing again?
2) Would pivot fsmash not blow up a grenade and hit Pika or is it like just out of the nade's range?

Top Bottom