• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Volt Tackle Videos: Replay Archive + Critique Thread

Tagxy

Smash Lord
Im pretty sure he means Captain L

ESAM youre an 8.75. Youd be a 9 except you lost to Ill and cgless ics.

And since people are ranking players, I'd go ESAM > Z > Miquel > K Prime > Captain L > Brick > Syko. Anther and PikPik would probably be after ESAM, and yone probably after miquel. Everyone else would be below syko.

Roller

Smash Legend
Since everyone else is doing it...

ESAM>Anther>PikaPika/K_Prime>Z>Miquel>Captain L/Syko

I really hope L or Syko can make it to a high profile US tourney sometime relativelys soon. I've thought Syko's been underrated and has a lot of potential for a while now. If he lived in an area with a better scene he'd be higher on the list for sure.

I would love for any other pikas to prove me wrong and start placing better than these guys at notable events though. (aka CoT/Genesis)

And Tag has a point with his comment about ESAM losing to cgless ICs. lol

I included Anther as he does still play and would have been at the last MI tourney if he hadn't forgot the date.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
I lost to myself both matches against ICs :(

I also am the only person to have a winning record vs Ally since October...that has played him more than once.

I need to sit down and practice with 2link for the peach MU, and I think I'll be good on the ICs match-up from now on. Now that I play them I understand how to beat them better.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
His ICs were giving you the business a little bit regardless, lol.

Sopo was gettin it in til he tripped. ;;

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
I was gonna win if I didn't suicide >_>

But yeah, I still beat him earlier in the tournament. I lost to him, as well as Illmatic. **** peach though.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
He might've won anyways if he hadn't tripped into death. =P We'll never knowwww.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
This is true. I'll beat him next time (Which won't be until Apex)

Why do you have the way to remember sine cosine and tangent as your thingy under your name?

Roller

Smash Legend
Brick, L looks better than you from what I've seen. Not gonna lie, I could be wrong. But like I said, prove me wrong at Genesis and I will gladly consider you to be up there.

Syko_Lemming

Smash Ace
You are about as good as I thought you are.

On a scale of 1-10, you are about a 6.

I'm a 9.5, the canadian pika (I don't remember names...which sucks) is a 7.5, Miquel is a 7, Prime is a 6.5, and everybody else that has a name is basically a 6.
(Assuming you're talking about me)

Just looking at results, I'm fairly sure pikapika and Z are better than me.

I really hope L or Syko can make it to a high profile US tourney sometime relativelys soon. I've thought Syko's been underrated and has a lot of potential for a while now. If he lived in an area with a better scene he'd be higher on the list for sure.
Well thanks!

I'm not getting to any states tournaments soon. The best I'll be able to do is possibly an Ontario tourney this summer. I want to fight better players.

Roller

Smash Legend
lol. Hes just campier imo.

also, you didn't even put me up at all. which is insulting.
I didn't put myself up either. Nor did I put Kenny up. Or Stealth. And I am fairly sure Stealth is better than you. I think you have somewhat of an inflated ego due to playing in a lackluster region. Similar to a scrub who spams laser and fsmash and thinks he's amazing at the game because he's the best player in his highschool.

It wasn't meant to be a personal attack. You simply haven't proven yourself in my eyes as of yet. Also, $2 MM vs my pika at Genesis? After the $20 one v ICs of course.

Captain L

Smash Champion
Brick and I are even I think. We were completely even in the one set that we played against eachother offline, although he did win it last hit.

I should just leave a note and drive all the way to California :mad:

FOUREYES

Smash Journeyman
I'll record some matches of me playing my GaW friend. Would it help me more to upload videos of me playing him, someone I know and tend to do better against, or like a random tourney match against someone whos tendencies I don't know already?

:phone:

PZ

Smash Lord
I'll record some matches of me playing my GaW friend. Would it help me more to upload videos of me playing him, someone I know and tend to do better against, or like a random tourney match against someone whos tendencies I don't know already?

:phone:
I think itll be better against randum ppl so you dont become too adaptive to another playstyle and it will help you find yours too. Also you can upload matches of u playing him every now and then but not all are needed. If you face randum ppl itll help you learn mus easier since they obviously know their character unless its like mu they never played before but youll be helping them too!:p

linkisthebest123

Smash Journeyman
for luckay4life: 1st match: Lol@you saying my opponents were bad cuz they couldn't smash di my d smash... But don't get so aggressive for the kill. When you were down, you got really aggressive, and instead of doing save damage, you did risky things and took 80% from charizard before you got the kill. Safe damage is good. Players aren't usually scared of pika's throws because they can't kill. So if you run up to them, they are most likely going to just shield at high percentages. (this is usually, not ALWAYS, some players may be different.) Camp charizard with t jolts, use the platform to your advantage.

2nd match: I personally would have gone frigate (first side screws up all of their up b's. 2nd side you can camp under platform pretty well, all of their down airs are pretty bad and are easily beaten by up air, which gives you a free nair.) But pokemon stadium worked too. Don't challenge squirtle in the air so much. Just stay on the ground away from him. Force him to approach with t jolts, run under him and attack with up air. I'm not sure, but I think Bair will beat a lot of squirtles aerials. So if you know hes gonna throw one out, throw out your bair. Good job pretty much destroying his charizard. Neither charizard nor ivy can punish your f smash very well. So space it (like you did) and you'll be fine.

3rd match: Good job bringing it back. All I have to say is like I said try to get under him? Don't let him get under you haha. All of their up airs are really good XD Much better use of getting save damage on charizard.

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
l stand by my dsmash statement lol. Dsmash is so easy to escape. And thx for critique, but I didn't ask for it. This was a runback MM and I won the first one so I wasn't too stressed about winning it. My record in tourney vs this guy is like 4-0 so I wasn't worried, something would obviously go my way (halberd laser). Plus pokemon facing each other on pokemon stadium is DESTINY, you can't escape it.

You're right about squirtle ****** me in the air though I'll give you that.

linkisthebest123

Smash Journeyman
Yes d smash is easy to escape. But it can catch people by surprise, good or bad.

also I figured you wanted a critique cuz you posted a vid XD

my bad.

PZ

Smash Lord
My first thought was " o another red eyed white person...then o hes joking about critique...then o dang she either short or the other is supa tall."

linkisthebest123

Smash Journeyman
K prime, I know you infracted me dawg, but I can hook you up if you want. Shes a monster, but her asian friends pretty hot. I know you want that ;)

Roller

Smash Legend
"Volt Tackle Videos: Replay Archive + Critique Thread (UPDATED: 11-23-10)"

it IS however a critique thread. Also, this post is a critique of your post. And your post was simply a callout. As such I believe you to have spammed. You could just have easily have pm'd me and not include non-critique posts in the thread. I believe you to be a hypocrite in this instance.

<3

Also. I'll stop.

linkisthebest123

Smash Journeyman
Will I get an infraction if I post this in a social said and say "Critique?"

Also, check the black guy in the back XD

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
D-smash will hit people up a surprising amount of the time. They will mess up their SDI (Or not get hit by the first hit) so when they are DIing straight up they get hit by the last hit and get hit by thunder. It is awesome to kill Seibrik at like 70% sometimes.

Top Bottom