• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Videogame-themed dreams you had

silenthunder

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
0490-6839-9144
I had 2 Mortal Kombat themed dreams. One where I was playing co-op with somebody and we got to the final boss Amungus Imposter, and right when we were about to beat him I went to character select to pick Khameleon and redo the fight to get a different ending.

The second dream was Kabal from mortal kombat had a motorcycle and was pulling ghostrider who had his chain between the wheels.

And a long time ago I had a dream that smash bros added Ratchet and Clank or Jak and Daxter (I don't remember who) because they had a voice-line referencing him in Melee

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Remembered another dream from a little while ago. Was kind of reliving memories of just driving around with a couple friends from high school but for some reason they were replaced by videogame characters, one was Lysithia for 3 Houses & the other was Itsuki from TMS #FE.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Okay I have two weird dreams to share now:

1. So for context in real life I really dislike the original mortal kombat trilogy and have talked about it with my friend a lot. So in my dream I was playing the first one with said friend around and was actually really enjoying it but I had to act like I wasn’t.
2. I was doing the Jo Amon fight from Yakuza but for some reason he was a weird lizard man with spikes and for some reason he burst into flames and became a skeleton when I beat him. It’s even weirder because I haven’t even ever done the jo amon fight in any yakuza games.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
i occasionally dream that in "breath of the wild" you can stumble across boss fights with girahim and zant

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I had a dream where Nintendo made a Mii tactical RPG with permadeath. The "villains" were just tiny defenseless naked mole rats and the conflict started when you accidentally released them from a cage, causing them to dance to dubstep and run off. One of the selling points was that they made a filter to prevent you from making blackface/golliwog Miis.

In that same dream, a new Mario Maker was revealed called "PROJECT X-Y" - it brought back Mystery Mushrooms, but all the Mystery Mushrooms were like triple Mario's size. Before reveal Nintendo built it up as "the biggest Nintendo crossover ever". It only had the SMB1 theme.

Pink Yoshi

Smash Lord
I had a dream the other night where Beenox released another surprise CTR:NF update. I don't remember much, but I DO remember they added a kart set saving feature, and the karts you'd saved could be viewed from the main menu.

If only that dream would come true, but apparently Activision would rather focus all their money on Call of Duty these days :salt:

FazDude

Smash Master
I’ve been meaning to talk about this one for a while, but never really got the chance to.

A few nights ago, I dreamed that I was playing Annalynn 2. Here’s everything that I remember.
  • Gameplay was more or less the same as the first Annalynn. I don’t think any of the alternate Anna forms Cruise Elroy posted on Twitter made an appearance.
  • Instead of going deeper into a cave, the game’s progression had you climb up a mountain. There was an ice area which had a remix of the Ice Grave theme from the first game, as well as a “lush caves” area with some new music.
  • The Venom Brood were still the antagonists, having repaired SN-4K3 to chase Annalynn as she climbed up the mountain.
  • The final boss was this snow queen/goddess character who one-shots all the snakes before you fight her. This was a multi-phase battle more akin to a Cuphead boss.
  • Still going on about the final boss; When transitioning to her final phase, snow covered the screen. When it was fully white, a few credits appeared on the screen (mainly people who did major work on the game like Cruise and Anna’s voice actor), DKC1 style. Then it transitioned to the final phase, which took place in the sky.
This… sounds like a sequel I can get behind, actually.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
As a kid I watched a very normal thing for kids to watch… the one game theory video about how jinx from pokemon is similar to those dutch christmas elf things in blackface that apparently kidnap children if I remember right?

Anyways I dreamt I went to a friends house but his brother was kidnapped by them for being bad and his mom was super sad about it. I tried to cheer her up by saying she’ll just be happy when he comes back (because apparently that happens now) and she said “so they’ll be even more mat pat?” because I guess my friend’s brother is mat pat now because the dream was self aware of how my brain got this idea. Anyways her voice then droned on as she repeated “mat pat… mat pat…” and the voice got louder and louder until I woke up and it turns out that was just the sound my alarm clock was making and my brain thought it sounded like “mat pat”

Oracle Link

Smash Master
I had like atleast 5 BOTW 2/ Tears of the Kingdom Dreams...
In most of them Link got Replaced by Zelda 😭!

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Id be okay with this happening
Im not as i dont care at all about Zelda shes fine also why is everyone so fixated of having a main character Zelda in TLOZ?
I rather would like her in a Spinoff (like a Tactical Game or a shiek Jumpnrun) or as a Playable supporting character because that means she can actually play diffrently ergo justifying her role!
But yeah link is the Goat and should always stay Main Player 1!

Torgo the Bear

Smash Lord
NNID
u2outofcontrol
Switch FC
SW-1209-7008-3905
Im not as i dont care at all about Zelda shes fine also why is everyone so fixated of having a main character Zelda in TLOZ?
I rather would like her in a Spinoff (like a Tactical Game or a shiek Jumpnrun) or as a Playable supporting character because that means she can actually play diffrently ergo justifying her role!
But yeah link is the Goat and should always stay Main Player 1!
The main reasons people like me want Zelda as a playable character are:
  • It’s never happened before (excluding the CD-i), so it would be something new and fresh
  • A lot of people would like a female protagonist, which is something that most Nintendo games really don’t offer very often
  • Zelda is a very fun character, especially in Breath of the Wild’s continuity

Last edited:

Oracle Link

Smash Master
The main reasons people like me want Zelda as a playable character are:
  • It’s never happened before (excluding the CD-i), so it would be something new and fresh
  • A lot of people would like a female protagonist, which is something that most Nintendo games really don’t offer very often
  • Zelda is a very fun character, especially in Breath of the Wild’s continuity
Yeah but Zelda being Science Fiction has never happend before aswell and speak New Doesnt mean Good Idea
But Link already is designed with Female Players in mind! Hes Very Androgynous!
Yeah Personalitywise something that has no influence over Gameplay The Only Thing diffrent would be less silly Animations and i guess that she talks!

Link is a Protagonist Zelda is a Important Story Character they fulfill diffrent roles!

Agaiun Zelda Could be a Good Playable Character... In a Spinoff!

Torgo the Bear

Smash Lord
NNID
u2outofcontrol
Switch FC
SW-1209-7008-3905
Yeah but Zelda being Science Fiction has never happend before aswell and speak New Doesnt mean Good Idea
But Link already is designed with Female Players in mind! Hes Very Androgynous!
Yeah Personalitywise something that has no influence over Gameplay The Only Thing diffrent would be less silly Animations and i guess that she talks!

Link is a Protagonist Zelda is a Important Story Character they fulfill diffrent roles!

Agaiun Zelda Could be a Good Playable Character... In a Spinoff!
I still don’t see why there’s any reason to be against this.
True, new ideas aren’t always good ideas, but I genuinely don’t see how the inclusion of Zelda as a main protagonist or secondary playable character option would be a bad idea (unless they make her extremely different control wise and do that poorly, which I won’t deny is possible).
Also… yes, Link is fairly androgynous in some games, but that’s absolutely not the same as actually having a female character to play as. And it genuinely means a lot to certain people (including myself) when I can actually play as a girl in a game that I like.

silenthunder

3DS FC
0490-6839-9144
Had a dream there was a Madden game where you could play as our US veterans for 2 touchdowns and snap the ball before the defense was ready for. (I really do have memories of a slow dude on my defense who wouldn't get set up in time for the offense to snap. It was pretty funny.

Veca Gorebyss

Smash Journeyman
¤

ahaha. i wasnt expecting you to pop out and ask.

but i knew i was leaving a entertaining answer. lol.

um. i dont even remember. haha. unfortunately. sorry.

i just feel like i've seen sonic running in my dreams. haha.

¤

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Had another dream where a fire emblem character appeared.

Was out shopping with a family friend & a group of people he knew who i did not recognize, said group left without us & we ran into Annette (Three Hopes Christmas alt recently added to Heroes) who wound up hanging out with us & showed us a shortcut to get back to my old college dorm quickly.

We wound up immediately back in the same situation for some reason but this time i got into a fight with this family friend & we wound up racing to find Annette to try to get her to take our side but i woke up before finding out who won.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
So i had a dream were i watched? Played? A Undertale Beta The human and save points looked like this:
Dreamtale.png

I think i mentioned how the human looked like kris and guessed it had something to do with deltarune being planned fror a long time!
The save points blinked in and out of existence and after used them they were gone!
Later on there was a Flowey Boss Battle were he called himself a Diverse Pacifist (Still tried to murder you) And i? Looked over files and saw that each world had its own Flowey Battle were he possesd diffrent giant objects the first one being (Obviously) a Giant golden Flower!

Last edited:

Oracle Link

Smash Master
My Links Awekening Dream:

The Dream started of pretty normal by me just interacting withg a caretaker of mine lets call her Lisa she bought some nestle ice Tea and also i was stressed and hit myself because of me losing my home (Which is a real thing)! But then like in a ton of my dreams im starting to be forced asleep but with a twist i despratly try to awake myself but the state of the dream surrondings gets creepier and also it gets implied that im dead because i hit myself after i „die“ i meet someone called a Dessert Guardian (Giant rock dude) or something! I try to beat him but i fail and Die than im back at my „Home“ Which BTW Looks like my last home not my current one i escape and use the pipes on my wall tzo escape and than i meet a little girl (I think at that part of the dream i was little to) She was nice and talked she implied the house was vaccant (Again in the dream this was my current house so that implied im dead or a ghost) we go to a store and im guessing she buys Nestle tea i ask her that maybe shes called lisa she answers that shes named Lise instead we go into the store but oh boy shortly after we paid a little thread trys to grab me impliying it wants to send me to the afterlife! She Gfives me a written letter as a goodbye! But Luckily i rip the thread and escape with lise anyways i explain the situation and she answers so you had to fight a dessert Troll... But i never said that Which meant i became Estatic Im Not Dead Im not Dad i was so happy but than lise said: „Does this mean im a dream too?“ And i think that this is like links Awekening she asks if i will forget her and i say: „I try My Best!“ She says: „Why does this dream have to end and i answer: „Its the nature of Dreams to end and well i woke up!
I might have missed some details especially form the creepy parts they were definitly by far the longest but still in the end this dream was worth having!

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
Countless Pokemon Snap dreams. I would either be playing a sequel to Pokemon Snap, or I'd be at a Nintendo amusement park and there would be a Snap ride where you took pictures of the Pokemon on the ride! Kinda trippy to think that both the Snap sequel and the Nintendo amusement park have actually happened now. The prophecy will be fulfilled if they ever add a Pokemon section to the park and make a Snap ride. And gosh that'd be cool, imagine they displayed the top pics of the day or week and you could try and beat others to get your pic up there!

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
I had a dream I played bloody roar primal fury and it started with a 20 minute walking simulator to set up the main conflict and scene that takes place in a sports facility. There’s a scene where all the athletes turn into wolves and start terrorizing people and it’s only then that the fighting starts (I haven’t even played bloody roar before). There was also a kid singing all the warioware songs

HyperSomari64

Smash Champion
i dreamt about a Game & Watch Gallery Collection for the Wii, in which you can choose between the four games + the Europe-exclusive Game Boy Gallery. Oddly enough, it was on Japanese text, and (still on my dream) i search through the Super Mario Wiki and it said that it was Japan-exclusive.

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I had a dream they patched Ultimate so that Pikachu’s Down Slecial produced a green lightning bolt. A Green. Lighting. Bolt

I woke up in cold sweats and couldn’t leave the bed in fear of green lighting bolts. I even called in sick and currently seeking therapy. It’s been hellish.

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Had a dream last night, started as me walking in heavy rain to make it to a college final which turned into a high school graduation assembly then to an E3 like theatre presentation. Showed alot of pre-existing games and only remember being excited about Nier Automata. End of Yorha Edition getting ported to other platforms and getting more content.

Not too familiar with Drakengard lore but trailer showed 2 Zeros being introduced to the story. They did not have the flower in their eyes and their outfit resembled A2. Trailer ended with it be revealed that Devola and Popula were also Zero the entire time (showed their hair glitching out and all 4 of them together).

There was also a boss fight and cutscene between 2b and 9s. Remember it seemed odd since it didnt resemble anything from the game as it looked more like the final boss fight but you were playing as 2b. I dont remember if this was speculation from my dream or after but it seemed like the overall content may have revolved around a new alternative timeline 2b route alongside the A2 and 9s route in the later part of the game.

Last edited:

silenthunder

3DS FC
0490-6839-9144
I had a dream that there was a new Scribblenauts. You drew on the touch screen and it guess the item you wanted. Instead of writing it.

Top Bottom