• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Video Thread

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
First match against Razer, the only thing I wanted to complain about was the fact you didn't Smash out of shield (Up-smash is viable) when Snake ledge attacked your shield. That would have netted you the first KO sooner.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
First match against Razer, the only thing I wanted to complain about was the fact you didn't Smash out of shield (Up-smash is viable) when Snake ledge attacked your shield. That would have netted you the first KO sooner.
This can't be possible O.o

... can it?

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
This can't be possible O.o

... can it?
It works against every character in the game. All ledge attacks are like -30 on block. Hell I know I've Up-smashed out of shield with LUCAS against ledge attacks. It's really lulzy how unsafe ledge attacks are. Even more lulzy are the ledge attacks that actually are vulnerable before the hitbox comes out.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
I am gonna have some nice vs snake matches up soon, and some not so impressive vs diddy matches lol. Usually I am good vs diddy, but this time I was making the same mistakes over and over.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
first game against lee,last stock =o lol

you might have been able to make it back if you had bucketed after the first jump xD. Not sure though,you were pretty far down.

Lol@planking against razer, your mean!!!!!
:smash:

overgamer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5026-4413-8581
Will have a small smash fest at my home tomorrow, might be able to save some replays. I never posted a video here, so I though I could start...

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Man those were epic matches. I love your terrain situational D-throw option limits. And that D-throw -> 9 was just godly.

I just wish you would eventually figure out the timing for ledgehop F-air.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
vs Yoshi...more Jabs/D-tilt (especially to keep him honest with his spotdodge) and try edgehogging when he's doing his ledgecamp shenanigans (good job edgehogging his Up-B first match).

When he does egg roll, face away and shieldgrab (everyone can do it easily, even Ganondorf, Luigi actually gets to Up-B oos Yoshi for doing Egg Roll). If they stall behind you afraid of that, then you can just B-air oos on reaction to punish if they're close enough.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
The main thing about Sheik is I highly discourage you from unnecessarily jumping against her. The less you need to jump, the better you should do. She punishes landings with a consistency that no other character is capable of, and she breaks aerial zoning really easily, all due to her mobility and strong projectile (as well as aerials that autobait airdodges).

Generally speaking you want to take it slow with pokes and Jabs. B-air basically when you know she can't run away from it. And of course edgeguard/juggle her where applicable. That's the jist of the matchup.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
The only thing I wish from those videos was that you would prove that I'm not the only one who knows that perfect ledgehop F-air is beastly...But it was great stuff.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
IT is good, but that used to be all I did and I got punished for it. Also Korn is the type of player that stays out of range when I'm on the ledge and puts put out forward smashes. It would not be a good idea to try and over power a well spaced MK forward smash

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
The first video was pretty bad imo. G&W jumped waaaaaay too much in this matchup when Jabs and D-tilt are more important. Jumping is much too punishable against Sheik unless you're spacing B-air on her shield. Sheik missed a lot of punishes on the first stock as well. Plus, not enough focus on edgeguards.

Not feeling particularly motivated to watch the other matches.

Vinnie

Smash Master
Uthrow more. In both matchups. Especially peach. Her air dodge is horrible. Just uthrew her and keep uairing her over and over lol she can't do anything. Also try to learn how to z catch turnips. It really helped me in this matchup.

Wilmenz

Smash Journeyman
Need more SH Bairs OOS and Dash attack since it beats alot of attacks, you used the stage gimmicks very well. Aganist MK is really safe to iDA repeteadly on the ledge when he is coming back... UpB OOS if he glide attacks and you can't really punsih with anything else... Really solid. Lol @ 9

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
Need more SH Bairs OOS and Dash attack since it beats alot of attacks, you used the stage gimmicks very well. Aganist MK is really safe to iDA repeteadly on the ledge when he is coming back... UpB OOS if he glide attacks and you can't really punsih with anything else... Really solid. Lol @ 9
I'm not trying to sound like a jerk, but you just gave me some pretty bad advice. Dash attack at the ledge doesn't work since he can tornado or d-air you or if hes on the ledge can abuse his invincibility. The best option on glide attack is b-air or n-air. Upb oos is very situational

on a side note: which moves should i b-air oos that I haven't been?

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
lol@ he didnt even try to survive at that second 9

floating dead Mk:p

i notice you daired into a shielding MK 3 times.
Though it was slowfall so it was harder for him to try and punish it.
Just pointing it out:/.

good stuff.

saw the first game

you need to slooooooooow down man,you're rushing your approaches
dodging into your opponent and trying to dsmash fails 99.99999% of the times
Its possible...but only as a rare mixup lol

But overall,slow down,think before you approach.

Top Bottom