• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Video Thread: Now in Regular Definition!

indigestible_wad

Smash Lord
My choice? I like orchestra, some of those were doctor who music that had an appropriate beat, and remixed game music also works. I've found from other peoples' videos that techno, hip-hop and virtually anything can work, as long as it's not too well known.

If anybody does want to give me some tips on my videos that'd be awesome.

Skull_Kid

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sentenza_55
great! so, how does my yoshi look?

EDIT: i changed the title of the video from the original to "skull kid (yoshi) in: Dino Domination"

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOA LOL

I only just saw the Scrubs video link on the last page, LOL.

Wow.

o_o;

ROFL

JackieRabbit5

Smash Journeyman
and dang delta how did u feel when that match was called lol
u did good, probly better than i would've done heh...i feel like u coulda used more reverse egglay and ETS

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: WHO F*CKING LETS IKE INTO LOW TIER TOURNAMENTS WTF

IT'S THE YEAR 2010 COME ON WOW

Scarlet Jile

Smash Lord
NNID
ScarletJile
Guess what time it is, turdwranglers?!

It's HALL OF FAME TIME.

START VOTIN'.

Also, I finally got around to counting the videos we have by copy/pasting the first post into MS word, deleting everything that wasn't a link, and seeing how many lines I had.

*Drum roll, please*

The Yoshi video thread officially had 528 videos as of March 2, 2010. Think that's the highest?

Airborne

Smash Lord
Uhm, I know this'll be an odd question, Jile, but are we voting on videos in terms of an incredible play, doing well overall, being a great example of how to play a certain difficult MU, or what?

I have different nominations on videos pertaining to various categories...

Also, most of you know that I'm going way out of my way to develop a new style for Yoshi, so I'll hopefully be able to record some great matches demonstrating it after this coming Saturday.

Scarlet Jile

Smash Lord
NNID
ScarletJile
Hall of Fame videos should encompass the largest amount of ideal content that Yoshi players want to put forth as pinnacles of Yoshi achievement.

The only catch is that you can't vote for your own video. Once ANY video gets 3 or more votes, I will put it in the Hall of Fame.

If anyone prefers, you can PM me with a vote so as to remain anonymous.

I'm ALSO thinking of distinguishing the exceptional Yoshi players or videos with a new color so that people new to the Yoshi boards won't click a random name, find it not that great, then leave. What do folks think? This would of course not be AS prestigious as Hall of Fame, but would provide a solid backbone for following the best players in general.

bigman40

Smash Master
That would be logical since half the players don't play Yoshi anymore, and a good portion of the vids are old (most people fail at common sense, do don't ask).

JackieRabbit5

Smash Journeyman
lol shiri

might help if everyone just recommends like 1 or 2 of what they think is their personal best since theres so many heh
mine would probly be the last one vs Ike b/c of a pretty decent combo starting with that egg lay time-out AT, a spike, and little comeback...the vs Snake vid has a better combo tho but older

need to watch more myself b4 voting

Airborne

Smash Lord
I think that we should have recommended videos, as well as a hall of fame, if the hall of fame is meant for the pinnacles of achievements for yoshi. The recommended videos would be for examples of match-ups, or how some certain technique should be used in a match. But yeah, whatever is decided on is what I'll deal with =P

JackieRabbit5

Smash Journeyman
well like i said i think it would help to narrow it down a little by recommending ur own best one, then we could vote based on those b/c its too hard to watch 528 vids and pick xp

Scarlet Jile

Smash Lord
NNID
ScarletJile
That's a good point, but I don't think everyone needs to watch every video to get an idea for who are the best Yoshis.

PLUS, I WATCHED ALL 528 VIDEOS, JACKIE RABBIT.

WHY CAN'T EVERYONE ELSE!?

=P

Airborne

Smash Lord
So, I actually got matches recorded today (technically yesterday), one against Mr. Eric in tournament, where he beat me, then the final match of my $1 mm with him afterwards, where I beat him, and about 5 or 6 friendlies with Judo after the tournament.

I don't feel like I was truly able to exemplify my "air camping" until that MM with Mr. Eric, 3rd game. It was quite a serious $1 MM, due to a background story:

Eric had lost 2 MM's to Mayling already, using Xisin's money. Eric wanted to beat May in a MM, so he asked me if I could give him a dollar. I told him that he had to win it from me through a $1 MM. That was the first time I've ever beaten Eric in a set, so that makes 3 people I've finally beaten in the past month? =P

3 down; 3 God Kais, 5 Kentucky players (3 of which use Oli...), ~6 ohio players, and a Renegade to go. XD

D

Deleted member

Im confused, why does delta getting ***** by M2k have 600 views and my video has like 20 =P

Shiri that was amazing

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Im confused, why does delta getting ***** by M2k have 600 views and my video has like 20 =P

Shiri that was amazing
Bolded is the reason.

Edit for vids:

vs. ADHD

Match 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viOYPCJ3AOQ
Match 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5Y-zAyLcGE&feature=player_embedded

vs. Chaos Marth

Match 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gjuyYrPNDU
Match 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZgRApEBekA
Match 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sW4n2Sv_TGk

Sharky

Smash Master
delta you can SDI out of the naner lock on the wall. Also learn to ets better so you can actually get the egg lock on delfino to work, I woulda messed adhd up there XD

on lylat vs chaos marth learn to do DJ uairs through the bottom of the stage, you could have gotten some early kills there.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Sharky, the thing about the lock was, I was trapped between TWO walls. I was screwed regardless. That transformation was very bad, actually. Two nanner lock walls and a walk off. I'm taking Diddy To Castle Siege next time.

Teach me to properly Sharky Abortion Lock. D:

I really wanted to do the DJ Uair thing, but I don't have a Wii to practice it with, so I didn't want to risk a stock like that.

Sharky

Smash Master
you just took too much time to adjust to where he moved to, not much else I can say lol.

And even if there was another wall, SDI'ing out could have thrown him off, as he doesn't expect many people to know they can do that. A quick jab could have gotten in after you got out, too.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Alright, I understand. Thanks for the help. :)

Funny thing is, the crowd was screaming to SDI it. I just couldn't register it over the other various shouting until the end. :(

Metatitan

Smash Master
Zudenka's yoshi is entertaining but no one I've seen in his videos knows how to deal with egg lay lol. He just seems to predictable throw it out and it works.

Top Bottom