• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Video Thread: Now in Regular Definition!

D

Deleted member

Im pretty sure i edited my post to make it less calling outish. What did i say this time?

He said he was sure he was right, so i said i was sure i was right =P

Yea, everyone is equal lets all be friends =P (not sarcasm, seriously lets be friends XD)

YoshiIslander77z

Smash Apprentice
can somone reply to my message....

i have some replys of good matches with my friend that i wanna put up can i give it to someone to pu on youtube?

Bwett

Smash Ace
Bwett is by far, the best yoshi in the US. Nuff said
Thanks dude :)

I saw it back on AiB. One word: AWESOME! =D

I hope more people see it and see that Yoshi CAN contend with Meta Knight (yes, there are STILL people saying that Yoshi is disadvantaged...).
I believe Yoshi is at a disadvantage. I just know that matchup way too well...probably more than I should lol.

now for tips
1. stop retreating hold your ground, try to force an approach and when he approach just try to stay with him or force another approach. Retreating can put you in a bad position

2. do not down b when getting attacked it will push you to one side and may cause a death (as you know) use down b to poke shields and KO and sometimes grab the edge but it is not a combo breaker

3. when you get him in the CG make sure you CG him to the edge and maybe go for fair spike if you want to pressure him more. It puts your opponent in a horrible position which can lead to a lot like gimps, Fsmashs and Uairs.

4. don't stale out your upsmash and if you do, use the Uair out of the grab release

5. watch you pivot grabs if you do them to much they become predictable and punishable

6. Don't stay on the edge too much Yoshi is better chasing and on the stage
1. From the MK's down here, they tend to gain alot of ground with SH nairs, jabs, ftilts, and dtilts. From my experience, keeping a constant midrange distance from MK is the best way to win.

2. Yeah, I don't know what was with me that night. Sometimes I just get alittle happy with some moves.

3. I will allow Mmac have his correct positioning for fair, but since it is takes luck to get in such a position, since he expecting it and if im not in said position i will miss and be punished, possibly stage spiked for it, I'd rather just try usmash. I think I am in a worse position trying to go for fair. However, taking him to edge, throwing him, and egging isnt bad and can set him up.

4. I never tried uair out of release. I'll give that a try.

5. I tend to use repeated pivot grabs as a spacing tool to keep MK's away and to force them in the air. It gives me a chance to punish with usmash, which is why it became so stale :p. I might get punished, I'll watch that and be careful.

6. I fully agree about the edge. It's too dangerous.

Thanks for everyone's comments. I appreciate it :)

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Im pretty sure i edited my post to make it less calling outish. What did i say this time?

He said he was sure he was right, so i said i was sure i was right =P

Yea, everyone is equal lets all be friends =P (not sarcasm, seriously lets be friends XD)
Oh, no, I didn't mean your post. I meant lilb's post:

until u can go to tourneys and prove yourself to be anywhere close to decent then stfu I am just giving advice so until u prove urself to be anywhere close to decent dont try to call me out like an ***
Sorry about the confusion, Stocky.

I also agree with you. There's no need to be name-calling or insulting people. We're all cool posters, and we've all got valid input on this character. :)

Sharky

Smash Master
until u can go to tourneys and prove yourself to be anywhere close to decent then stfu I am just giving advice so until u prove urself to be anywhere close to decent dont try to call me out like an ***
Dude, calm down. We don't need to be at each other's throats about this.

I, for one, still think that Yoshi has the advantage, provided that you play patient enough, and balance your eggs and pivot grabs right.

D

Deleted member

Dude, calm down. We don't need to be at each other's throats about this.

I, for one, still think that Yoshi has the advantage, provided that you play patient enough, and balance your eggs and pivot grabs right.
NO YOUR WRONG YOU DONT BELONG HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is exactly the opposite of what i think. Even tho i think you're wrong.

`\(O_o)/`

I wanna get some vids to show you guys how i think meta knight should play the matchup. Its horrbile i tell ya, simply horrible! Mk zones the !@#$ out of yoshi, and can pretty much apply pressure in a range that makes it dangerous to egg, but not close enough to really attack without getting punished. If the MK and yoshi both play perfectly, the MK should win(this doesnt happen of course, but theoretically).

Sharky

Smash Master
WHAT?!? I KILL YOU!!!

hehe, maybe we should make a topic just to discuss MK with. I've never really had a huge problem with him, true story.

D

Deleted member

Until the MKs i play learned how to deal effectively with yoshis grabs and eggs, neither did I.
Luckily, ive volunteered to edit tournament videos(oats wasnt postin them cuz he has too much work on his hands to edit videos), so ill get some vids up hopefully within a month.

D

Deleted member

Ah, i have, but the problem is, the way they play is really difficult for yoshi not just me. Ill hafta show you.

B0NK

Smash Lord
Opinions are opinions, hes the best yoshi ive seen. I dont like to classify stuff by region, just cuz EC has a few more top players doesnt mean that an EC yoshi is better than a WC yoshi.
He just stated his opinion, and I don't think he ever said one style was better then the other, just that there different. This difference from one style to another makes it hard to determine which is the superior style, which also makes it hard to determine who is typically the "best" yoshi.

Bwett's style is an always moving one (whether it may be retreating or attacking) while lil b's is a more of a "hold your ground" play-style (and you can't just look at his dittos vids to get an idea of his style and skill).

And to everyone, Metaknight is a disadvantage match-up for every character. Not that he can't be beaten but it is always an uphill battle.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
He just stated his opinion, and I don't think he ever said one style was better then the other, just that there different. This difference from one style to another makes it hard to determine which is the superior style, which also makes it hard to determine who is typically the "best" yoshi.

Bwett's style is an always moving one (whether it may be retreating or attacking) while lil b's is a more of a "hold your ground" play-style (and you can't just look at his dittos vids to get an idea of his style and skill).

And to everyone, Metaknight is a disadvantage match-up for every character. Not that he can't be beaten but it is always an uphill battle.
thx bonk .

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Woah, dude. Calm down. I was just joking. o_O

And I have been going to more tournaments lately. I just need to gain more tournament experience. :laugh:

I rarely have problems with Meta Knight, though. Even offline (against the best players in Florida, too). Then again, I don't think any of them main Meta Knight. I guess I've yet to see Meta Knight's full ability. :confused:

(By the way, I'm still looking for someone who can upload my videos... Please? :bee:)

Mmac

Smash Lord
Wait, you can Uair him on Release? To the Labs!

Everyone is so divided on MetaKnight though.... It's got to be their master plan. Make them weak to us to destroy our community from the inside...

Clever Girl....

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Mmac, didn't you say in another topic that Yoshi can also Yoshi Bomb Meta Knight out of his grab-release? How do you do that? Release him, run up a little, and Yoshi Bomb him? I can't seem to get close enough to do it...

Mmac

Smash Lord
Mmac, didn't you say in another topic that Yoshi can also Yoshi Bomb Meta Knight out of his grab-release? How do you do that? Release him, run up a little, and Yoshi Bomb him? I can't seem to get close enough to do it...
Yep, thats it. It works much easier if you B-stick though.

Also I tried the Uair, and it doesn't work.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Yep, thats it. It works much easier if you B-stick though.

Also I tried the Uair, and it doesn't work.
The uair works if you get them to jump by seeing whether or not they jump on the CG releases with earlier releases

u know a mind game have u heard of those Mmac? lol

D

Deleted member

If nobody responded it means they dont want to. Simple as that. Some people have other things to do than spend their time editing and posting stuff on youtube. Not trying to be mean, its the truth, im sure people saw your post, its just they dont feel like spending time responding just to say no. My editing program hasnt been workin so i cant.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
If nobody responded it means they dont want to. Simple as that. Some people have other things to do than spend their time editing and posting stuff on youtube. Not trying to be mean, its the truth, im sure people saw your post, its just they dont feel like spending time responding just to say no. My editing program hasnt been workin so i cant.
This man speaks the truth

Scarlet Jile

Smash Lord
NNID
ScarletJile
Okay, so I just got back from England! WOW, I'm jet-lagged, so I'll get to updating this tomorrow.

Keep your Internet penises in your Internet pants!

YoshiIslander77z

Smash Apprentice
EDIT: didnt u guys do the same for Sir 0rion (is that better, i didnt check srry)vids, its not like i want a whole combo video put yp and edited i was just wondering if someon could put a brawl reply on youtube for me ...

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Trust me, that kind of feedback isn't all it's cracked up to be. And read my name again.

!Boom!

Smash Journeyman
This match should be hall of fame, it was so hyped at chu's.
I dont want to mean or anything, but I dont think that video deserves to be in hall of fame. Most of the match showed you just using eggs. Just my own opinion. Don't hate. I've seen a lot of your videos, I just dont think this was your best.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
I dont want to mean or anything, but I dont think that video deserves to be in hall of fame. Most of the match showed you just using eggs. Just my own opinion. Don't hate. I've seen a lot of your videos, I just dont think this was your best.
U had to be there and its chu

come on can u beat chu?

Bwett

Smash Ace
There is no need to throw that in his face. Personally, I didn't find the match too exciting. I commend you on beating Chu, but I don't really see it as Hall of Fame worthy. I might be pretty picky though since I think the one they have of me doesnt belong up there, atleast in comparison to others I have lol.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
There is no need to throw that in his face. Personally, I didn't find the match too exciting. I commend you on beating Chu, but I don't really see it as Hall of Fame worthy. I might be pretty picky though since I think the one they have of me doesnt belong up there, atleast in comparison to others I have lol.
I understand what you mean by not exciting but if not being exciting is what I need to do to win then I will do that

also your hall o fame vid should not be there in comparison to your later vids

No, I cannot beat Chu. But anyways, I have the utmost respect for you for beating Chu. Congratulations.
Thanks, also like I said to bwett if I have to be not exciting to win then so be it i don't mind your criticism on your last post and I am not trying to call you out by asking can you beat chu.

Top Bottom