• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Victory is My Destiny - MK Video and Critique Thread

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
Kaffei, what he did was actually a pretty common mistake.

But, when Kaffei said you seemed to be throwing out attacks for the sake of throwing out attacks, he was right. You don't want to do that very often, you need to discern when to attack, and when to defend. Also, your spacing is pretty poor, you need to try to always aim for hitting them from a distance(like aiming for a tipper with Marth), unless you can confirm the hit, you want to always be better safe than sorry.

At times, you'd throw out an Uair when you should've used a Fair. Hence, he was right in front of you. Use the Uair for juggling, or setups for Mew2Kinging them(uair, uair, uair, uair, uair, tornado <3) Or setting them up to UpB or something like that. But not when their in front of you, unless you're using it for spacing purposes/mindgames.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Kaffei, what he did was actually a pretty common mistake.

But, when Kaffei said you seemed to be throwing out attacks for the sake of throwing out attacks, he was right. You don't want to do that very often, you need to discern when to attack, and when to defend. Also, your spacing is pretty poor, you need to try to always aim for hitting them from a distance(like aiming for a tipper with Marth), unless you can confirm the hit, you want to always be better safe than sorry.

At times, you'd throw out an Uair when you should've used a Fair. Hence, he was right in front of you. Use the Uair for juggling, or setups for Mew2Kinging them(uair, uair, uair, uair, uair, tornado <3) Or setting them up to UpB or something like that. But not when their in front of you, unless you're using it for spacing purposes/mindgames.
You mean the Shuttle Loop > Fall2death? Even if it's common, it's still something that can be prevented by letting go of down sooner! :psycho:

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
What you did: Approuched.

What you should be doing: Not approuching.

Think about snake's options as well as your own. Like, what can snake do to me here? And what can I do to him?

Meta-K

Smash Rookie
Hey MKs,

So, I'm just a small time smasher in my reigon, but I'd really like to improve my game. This is the most recent video of me/best display of how I play vs someone who doesn't totally outclass me. Any good tips? Besides the obvious "don't die in stupid ways" and "don't tornado into grenades"?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fysDdXp9XqE

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Stop using Usmash it's unsafe compared to all the other safe things MK can do.
You tornado from way too far away. Idk why that snake didn't punish it I can see your tornado coming from all the way across the stage.
You force your kills too hard. I can tell you are going to spam smashes whenever snake is at kill %.

2:07 No nononononono......... You grabbed him, you should throw him off stage he is really weak off stage, not dthrow into the center.

You always do Dthrow>usmash and like I said u smash is crappy.
Stop dairing into the ground.

3:04 lmao get read

At the end you dsmashed a LOT why are you making your kill move super stale

You never try to juggle snake at low % either

The ending was just ********

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Er... Usmash sucks, stop tornadoing grnades, and switch it up, you always Dsmashed>Rolled, or Dthrew>Usmash. Get rid of your bad habits so you can become less easy to read.

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
Not to knock him or anything, but it was like... dude... that was a computer ending. ^^;

Can't believe you didn't notice how half-*** I read posts, lol.

Virtual Kruncher

Smash Journeyman
Hey MKs,

So, I'm just a small time smasher in my reigon, but I'd really like to improve my game. This is the most recent video of me/best display of how I play vs someone who doesn't totally outclass me. Any good tips? Besides the obvious "don't die in stupid ways" and "don't tornado into grenades"?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fysDdXp9XqE
That's the most pathetic ending I've ever seen
Correction, THAT is the most pathetic ending I've ever seen.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
Please tell me my mistakes and things i did correctly

Mk vs snake, match 1 and 2 : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HepvpJqGw98

Mk vs snake match 3. mk vs falco match 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-djEFE0yiFw

Match 3 of me vs snake has a speed malfunction near the end, but hopefully it's enough data to critique.
didnt watch game 3

all you do is nado and the snakes like lol imma shield/nade everytime instead of uptilting you for it.

if youre going to nado at least do it closer to your opponent and not like across the way and around the corner so they have less time to react.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
@player4

heres my thoughts

0:18
dont always just airdodge through the platforms into the ground you did that more than once during the vid and its pointless. you have like 6 jumps and shiz and you choose an unsafe option. even if they grab you when the stage changes you get out lol

0:21
you fall into the ground and just ftilt at snake. snake was MAD close. his jab comes out the same frame as your ftilt and since you werent spaced the risk reward ratio is like 12% to 25%. and snake dies a lot later than you lol, so definitely not worth it.

youre lucky that hes ******** and spot dodged, i think most good snakes wouldve uptilted there but irregardless you got punished and did like 5% -.-

:55
bad airdodging into the ground habit again gets you hit by wifi nair lmao

1:03

wait for snake to do something... you just SLed. if he pulled a nade you where ****ed. a better option wouldve been to wait and nado, but to be honest because of the percents and how much harder it is to punish anyway if you werent gonna wait you shouldve just nadod anyway.

then once you land you chose to spot dodge? that snake was not smart enough in all god names hell to grab you anyway. but if he was then he would have to react, drop shield and then turn around w/ snakes 8 frame grab. so you had like 12 frames to do something. since you saw he didnt have a nade and he was shielding you shouldve just nadod again

1:10 you had him in a juggle and rolled back lol wtf

missed a free upB oos at 1:16 then rolled into a grenade lol

missed a free grab rolling back like 3 seconds later -.-

that snake has so far in the vid not gone for a grab yet. just spam shield obvious dash attack @ 1:25

bad airdodging habit loses you a stock at 1:30 lol landmine

1:43 was dumb as hell for MANY reason lol

1:56 where you land behind him and he goes for a grab finally..... but didnt turn around >_> you spot dodged again just nado lol

spot dodged against a person to stupid to grab at 1:06 again

nair is more damage at 2:11 than sl or go for roofio youre a stock up and hes bad lol

2:15 finally he grabs lmfao you try to follow up/combo after get up attack? lool

he goes for another grab at 2:20 so you should probably start spacing at this point hes not as ******** as i thought

shield grab dacuus at 2:33 more damage AND follow up juggle than fair. which you missed and is harder to do

2:36 hes smart and starts grabbing lol. shouldve naired oos when he rolled but looking at the vid up to this point i dont think your reaction time is that great or maybe you didnt care /werent focused so maybe just roll away.

bad snake is bad lol. i want to see you play razer. inb4 name search. razer razer razer razer

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Oh I have a tasty video against Razer, but it's a friendly so it doesn't really count :(

Btw, I just recently started Nairing OoS, and can't do SL OoS :(. I just have bad reaction time, I think it's the main thing that holds me back, that and adapting.

Orion*

Smash Researcher

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Lmfao Orion. Those replays were too good.

Also, WTF @ P4 I can GSL OoS so easily, but I can't do invincinair consistently -_-

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Spacing needs work, you're just throwing out fairs & dairs into the ground make yourself a laggy MK which is an oxymoron
1:30 That could have been an edgehog
then you uaired mindlessly at nothing

1:55 if you get a grab in that position, throw him off stage, not back into the center..
everytime you dash you try to grab, that is so predictable

3:07 lmao, stop nairing every single time you get thrown/sent slightly into the air that's predictable too

you get smash happy whenever you die & your opponent is at high %.

Top Bottom