• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Victory is My Destiny - MK Video and Critique Thread

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful
XD! Nyo! I only like him because he's fun! I don't think I'll be using him in tourney for a long time.

I've been laddering and taking advice, and I've gotten better with a lot of things. Thank you so much for the advice, guys. [': I'll continue to lurk and watch videos, too.

lilseph

Smash Ace
Hello guys
I'm new in the forum.Please critique my MK:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oe3Fd0fmk0c
thanks
WELCOME TO THE BOARDS!:bee:

about the video it was overall pretty good, you were doing grounded SL at the start and kinda just stopped mid way through, dont shy away from that its an AMAZING move when grounded. You rolled a lot and if that marth caught on he could have punished with a grab or a fsmash or something of the sort. You would always nair Oos, that is good but try mixing it up, try a dair out of shield its very hard to punish, or just simply a grab, i noticed a few times where a grab would have fit where your nair wiffed. The dair gimp at the end was great, try it more often, i noticed that it was really the only gimp you went for the whole match xD

Thats all i got, hope it helped a little, overall it was a pretty good MK.

Rapax

Smash Apprentice
Ok guys, i know the quality is quite not the best... And they are relatively old, but i couldn't load them up earlier, so i apologize for that (but its just a few weeks) :ohwell:

MK vs Ganondorf 1
MK vs Ganondorf 2
MK vs Ike

So i ask you for some critiuqe and assure you that i didn't get better since the replays were taken ;)

Its offline, friendly, but serious. Don't ask me why he took Ganondorf and Ike, since he mains Toon-Link, but anyways, i would highly appreciate commentaries to my performance :)

lilseph

Smash Ace
MK vs Ganon game 1: i counted 3 tornados. Against a ganon you should be almost spamming it, he really can't do anything. I noticed you were being destroyed by fairs and laggy dairs, and some times a fsmash, just wait and punish and don't be to hasty, you were pretty much just running into his attacks. At the beggining you were approaching with nairs, try fairs they got more range and if properly spaced can be an amazing tool. Overall just do more torando and try to do nair or dair Oos.

MK vs Ganon game 2: You started to use dtilt which is a step is the right direction, but then you kind of just stopped. dtilt -dilt combo or dtilt - dash grab combo is great, try it. At one point you grabbed him maybe 5 or 6 times in a row when you were both near the ledge, just grab him throw him off and gimp, hes ganon he can't do much about it. Back to the grabs, just by throwing in a dtilt then grabbing would really improve you grab game. Also, just like the first game, you rarly used tornado, its a GREAT move for a reason. Learn to use it, against big characters such as D3 or Ganon or Bowser it really ***** them.

Mk vs Ike: The whole game was really repetitive. It went, Ike did some really laggy move such as ather, fsmash, usmash, or Neautral B. MK runs in and grabs or drill rushes. Repeat. I guess all i can say is mix it up? That Ike really had no idea how to play Ike lol so really theres not much to say. That gimp at the end was fantastic, if you could do that against other characters such as... Oh i dunno... GANON! then maybe he wouldn't have gotten you down to 1 stock the first game :)

Thats all i got, hope it helps :D

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Remember replays aren't videos, they are merely stored data. I wish they were vids =/
I don't want to buy a recorded, but I can't get my matches critiqued without one :(

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Go to YoshQ's thread and ask him to record for you. The title of the thread is "We Record Your Replays".
Please don't send in like 5 billion replays at once.. That is just annoying for him to do.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Ok thanks. Of course I will ask only one replay. I don't want to overuse someones generosity.

lilseph

Smash Ace
I'd like my MK critiqued please, he's my secondary who I've been working on for a long time. Here are two friendlies played about a week ago vs a player in my crew who plays DDD, I know I'm doing some things wrong/not the best possible way in this matchup. Also general MK advice would be extremely appreciated

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syXpchr_chg (I win this match)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kq_xrUkC_kk (I lose this match)
Game 1: Overall that was a great match, you were cautious and didn't rush in half the time. I noticed that your Oos game is great, your nair Oos and SLOos were destroying him. Only problem i noticed is that near the end you almost stopped tornadoing. Just because he is at 150% doesn't mean you should stop your nado harass and look for the dsmash or the gimp. Keep picking away at him. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r61eJRj4ZQc&playnext_from=TL&videos=yQ9zEyQw8G8 I would suggest watching this video. Dojo clearly shows us how the DDD MU is played, and he's really good to boot.

Game 2: I noticed you didn't do as much tornado this match as you did in the first one. Remember, tornado against DDD is great. Its not all there is to the MU, but its a fantastic tool to use in the MU and you should learn to love it. The BIG thing i noticed was when you lost your first stock and DDD was at about 100%, you did 6 or 7 dsmash in the span of 30 seconds. Thats a big no no, Not only is it stale, he isn't even in kill range yet. It seemed like you really wanted him to lose that stock so you guys could start a new and just move on. That fsmash you took to the face was brutal, not much to say, don't get him by it lol.

Just some overall advice, Your Oos game is great, try using dair Oos, its pretty much not punishable. Just for some mix ups. You seem to love ftilt, that is a fantastic move, just not against DDD. His ftilt out ranges yours as you could probably see as he hit you a few times when you tried to approach. Work on your tornados, you let him go a few times. But overall you have a solid MK for him being a secondary.

Waymas

Smash Journeyman

BIGM1994

Smash Champion
Ok guys, i know the quality is quite not the best... And they are relatively old, but i couldn't load them up earlier, so i apologize for that (but its just a few weeks) :ohwell:

MK vs Ganondorf 1
MK vs Ganondorf 2
MK vs Ike

So i ask you for some critiuqe and assure you that i didn't get better since the replays were taken ;)

Its offline, friendly, but serious. Don't ask me why he took Ganondorf and Ike, since he mains Toon-Link, but anyways, i would highly appreciate commentaries to my performance :)
your metaknight is horrible.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
That was really uncalled for.. but Big M has a point

Why are you approaching with Nair vs Ganon? You jumped into an Fsmash, why did you do that.
Your spacing is poor and you swing at da open air
0:45 utilt wtf? And he is behind you?? bad DI

Everytime ganon is above you, you always SL

TL;DR
1) Improve your spacing. It is really bad.
2) Pick better options.
3) Improve your reading.
4) Mix up and be less predictable.
5) Improve your DI!

lilseph

Smash Ace
i could have said he was yerrible also guys, but i didn't i tried to help him.

Then again constructive critisism can help.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
your metaknight is horrible.
considering how little you think when you play, id put you in the same category :laugh:

here let me flow chart big ms metaknight in the ditto for you

shield camp ->

random dash attack if he sees a shorthop//fair
if he thinks you are going to shield dash he will dash grab

random roll behind to sit in shield and react to what i do or grab/dsmash

really all i need to know because youre garbage off stage and you have crappy air dodging habits.

if youre going to be a complete ******* to someone you dont know, and is obviously new at this and just wants advice, at least put enough work into your character where you dont look like a scrub to the whole community.

you literally have Zero techskill, thought process, setups, mingames, or anything REMOTELY unique. you are literally the embodiment of a cookie cutter metaknight, and as much as i like you, you should not just be a random ******* to anyone else when you just rely of a gay *** character. yes, you can beat scrubs by rolling and downsmashing, SO WHAT. you cant talk **** at all.

and dont try and act like your snake has potential, when its getting ***** by thiocyanide, someone who literally plays this game like once every 3 months, has AWFUL ROLLING AND SPOT DODGING HABITS WICH SNAKE ***** (to bad you dont think right oh maiiii), makes GARBAGE technical mistakes and doesnt even main metaknight.

if you even respond to this with anything but an apology, money match me for 10 bucks, where i have 2 you have 3 stocks best of 5 so i can record me ****** the living **** out of you

Orion*

Smash Researcher
I'd like my MK critiqued please, he's my secondary who I've been working on for a long time. Here are two friendlies played about a week ago vs a player in my crew who plays DDD, I know I'm doing some things wrong/not the best possible way in this matchup. Also general MK advice would be extremely appreciated

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syXpchr_chg (I win this match)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kq_xrUkC_kk (I lose this match)
as far as game 1 goes, youre just running away, so i doubt youre really learning anything. save that **** for tournament. the way youre camping doesnt even accomplish anything lawl

heres your metaknight:

1)jump around
2)walk back and forth
3) insert random read
4) ????????
5) tornado/dsmash/nair

im assuming you dont like d3 vs wario? XD

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
honestly, Orion?! xD it's so free!

The way I play the D3 MU is don't approach... at all... wait for habits like spotdodges and aerials and just nado it, gg. IMO, I think that's just D3 specific, though. Friendlies or not, I find it hard to play that MU if you don't do that. Like... really hard...

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
Big M got put on blast for not even being good, lol.

But real talk, what do you think this thread is for? Regardless of how good anyone is, they came here to get better and if you're not going to respect that you shouldn't post here at all. We should be helping each other as a community, and there's a fine line between constructive criticism, and saying rude *** **** for no reason at all. Honestly, that was just out of line. You can't even talk, cause you're not good.

You see, I don't tell people "oh, your metter nite is hurubell" cause I know I have a ways to go before I master MK, but I know that I, nor would likely anyone unless they're a complete *** would say something so stupid. It makes me mad cause we're supposed to be helping eachother get better as a community, and that's what this is about. Intarnets raeg 101 BP100, shonuff blah blah blah, machette machette hit me up with my gay AIM name.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
heres the problem, you wont beat top level d3s like that, that really know the mu. especially if you dont have the lead, they will just sit there and shield camp you, and then give you 16% each time. nothing is safe on block because of that obnoxios grab range :/

i was forced to actually fight atomsks d3 in teams and it was soooo annoying. nado obvious works, but you cant just do that, and for mixups i felt slightly annoyed at what wasnt safe.

if i read his running shield and dash grabbed d3s standing grab range would grab me first, -.-
no airs/tilts felt safe either minus full hop dairs. i may be wrong on that, maybe if you do some like SUPA frame spacing yeah but otherwise no.

edit: im pretty sure perfectly spaced dtilt is always safe for like everything, but 3% to a character that fat makes me want to **** bricks.

BIGM1994

Smash Champion
lmaooooooo it was a joke chill da **** out **** u guys spend yur life here lolol. maybe hes good idk i just clicked on the vid and saw mk vs gannon on brinstar and exited out. and orion ill read yur **** in a sec

BIGM1994

Smash Champion
considering how little you think when you play, id put you in the same category :laugh:

here let me flow chart big ms metaknight in the ditto for you

shield camp ->

random dash attack if he sees a shorthop//fair
if he thinks you are going to shield dash he will dash grab

random roll behind to sit in shield and react to what i do or grab/dsmash

really all i need to know because youre garbage off stage and you have crappy air dodging habits.

if youre going to be a complete ******* to someone you dont know, and is obviously new at this and just wants advice, at least put enough work into your character where you dont look like a scrub to the whole community.

you literally have Zero techskill, thought process, setups, mingames, or anything REMOTELY unique. you are literally the embodiment of a cookie cutter metaknight, and as much as i like you, you should not just be a random ******* to anyone else when you just rely of a gay *** character. yes, you can beat scrubs by rolling and downsmashing, SO WHAT. you cant talk **** at all.

and dont try and act like your snake has potential, when its getting ***** by thiocyanide, someone who literally plays this game like once every 3 months, has AWFUL ROLLING AND SPOT DODGING HABITS WICH SNAKE ***** (to bad you dont think right oh maiiii), makes GARBAGE technical mistakes and doesnt even main metaknight.

if you even respond to this with anything but an apology, money match me for 10 bucks, where i have 2 you have 3 stocks best of 5 so i can record me ****** the living **** out of you
"you literally have Zero techskill, thought process, setups, mingames, or anything REMOTELY unique. you are literally the embodiment of a cookie cutter metaknight, and as much as i like you, you should not just be a random ******* to anyone else when you just rely of a gay *** character. yes, you can beat scrubs by rolling and downsmashing, SO WHAT. you cant talk **** at all. "

if ALL of this was true id be the shippo of metaknight so therefore your saying im shippo but i only beat people because of metaknight? or your saying i only beat scrubs?

as much as i like you i think u trash talk me in tourney and go overboard to convince ppl im terrible only because your STILL salty from when i beat you in our last tourney set and all the matches with snake and the MM my MK vs your falco and the wolf vs mk freindly and ALL those doubles MMs with me/remix vs you and cyanide. i dont get it...also cyanide did not **** my snake in those freindlies and iirc i ***** him to a different degree when we played @ that gamingworld tourney. also i change my playstyle like every month and try new **** every once and a while although i still have the same habits. and do realize i dont practice 24/7 also the fact i dont have access to great practice so i cant really get significantly better besides every time i go to a tourney or someone gives me advice. and ill apologize to that guy on aim or something i guess. and idc really if u convince ppl im "horrible" or if ppl think im good ill just continue to do what i do and if ppl lose to my badness then that makes them worst but if not ill just place last every tourney i go too. and if i rely on a really gay character then i really idk how ppl lose to my decent or bad chars.

edit: @ bluepeachy, umm....who r u? and thanks for being a hypocrite and judging im bad but ive never played you.....

also if any1 didnt read my last post i said i was JK dont make it out to be something as if i made fun of a mental kid or something

:bee:

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
heres the problem, you wont beat top level d3s like that, that really know the mu. especially if you dont have the lead, they will just sit there and shield camp you, and then give you 16% each time. nothing is safe on block because of that obnoxios grab range :/

i was forced to actually fight atomsks d3 in teams and it was soooo annoying. nado obvious works, but you cant just do that, and for mixups i felt slightly annoyed at what wasnt safe.

if i read his running shield and dash grabbed d3s standing grab range would grab me first, -.-
no airs/tilts felt safe either minus full hop dairs. i may be wrong on that, maybe if you do some like SUPA frame spacing yeah but otherwise no.

edit: im pretty sure perfectly spaced dtilt is always safe for like everything, but 3% to a character that fat makes me want to **** bricks.
I have yet to play against any other D3 that was good other than Atomsk, and that was only in friendlies, so yeah. It's so weird cause when they're good it seemed like nothing I would do could get through. I wouldn't have expected that big *** character to be able to stay out of range like that. That's why I came to that conclusion about the MU. Also, I think you're right, the only safe one is the fullhop Dair. But like...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afUMgQ5jNII

HOW THE HELL?!

I'm gonna watch this a million times over until it becomes clear...

Orion*

Smash Researcher
Are you saying there's a way to be aggressive without predicting the DDD?Honestly tornado doesn't fit this category. If there's a better way to play the matchup please tell me

I am fine with Wario vs DDD but I like using Metaknight against DDD also
no there is no way to beat d3 without out reading him if you want to be aggro, but you wont win vs anyone good at the mu if you dont approach, because realistically you wont always have the lead. something i learned the hard way :laugh:

@ bigM, youre post was WAY to big to just say im sorry to the kid who posted so i didnt even bother reading it. it **** like that that makes people NOT want to be in the community

BIGM1994

Smash Champion
no there is no way to beat d3 without out reading him if you want to be aggro, but you wont win vs anyone good at the mu if you dont approach, because realistically you wont always have the lead. something i learned the hard way :laugh:

@ bigM, youre post was WAY to big to just say im sorry to the kid who posted so i didnt even bother reading it. it **** like that that makes people NOT want to be in the community
..........can you please read it? plus i already plan too as i mentioned in it. if u dont wanna read it then w.e

edit: but i still think u still mad. also i say this as a freind

Top Bottom