• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Victory is My Destiny - MK Video and Critique Thread

Orion*

Smash Researcher
ill do a writeup on it later masky, around like..... midnightish. wont be very long but im going to eat // hang out

@ bigm, im not salty at losing to you a year and a half ago. O_o

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
On a level of total disregard for the infraction promise thingy. In my terms, saying someone isn't good is like saying... you're not... good? Like... I'm not good, but m2k is. Atomsk is good, Ally is good. See where I'm going with this? Basically saying, unless you're top in the country you yourself should still be trying to improve so you can't really insult other people on the way. Joking or not, Orion is right, that kind of stuff does make people not want to be in the community, I know I've felt that way a lot of times.

in regards to the GnW MU uhm.... outspace him? He only has like two options... so yeah. ^^;

Although we should really stop focusing on the already almost fully developed MUs and start working on the ones people don't know. I say knowing a bit about everyone is better than knowing a lot about a few...

Orion*

Smash Researcher
Although we should really stop focusing on the already almost fully developed MUs and start working on the ones people don't know. I say knowing a bit about everyone is better than knowing a lot about a few...
word lets talk about.....

bowser or ike.

i got to play king kong at apex and was Really surprised
since....wen did u think i was good at that MU LOL and u lost to vinnies gnw so u cant really say its dat easy
yes. and that was when i was bad lmao. vinnies a great player, but gaw vs metaknight is pretty rough -.-

i mmed it at apex, and played super aggro, which isnt even my style and won 2-1. note, that means im not even abusing what makes the matchup so gay for GaW.

BIGM1994

Smash Champion
word lets talk about.....

bowser or ike.

i got to play king kong at apex and was Really surprised

yes. and that was when i was bad lmao. vinnies a great player, but gaw vs metaknight is pretty rough -.-

i mmed it at apex, and played super aggro, which isnt even my style and won 2-1. note, that means im not even abusing what makes the matchup so gay for GaW.
ahh good **** xD

BIGM1994

Smash Champion
yo kaffei were you da kid me and kingz MMed at apex? also good **** vs ally. and lmao i love how ally does that edge down c stick trick

also orion r u going to wills tourney on sunday?

Kaffei

Smash Hero
yup the lil azn guy that's me

lol ally sandbagged prolly he didnt even need to use nades a lot

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
I still think you did mad good vs him, though. It wasn't like you gave him much room to use nades anyway. The way you were playing and stuffs it looked like you'd know your way around them anyway.

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
At times when you're edgeguarding Snake and have forced a low recovery out of him, it's best to just go for the edge. A surefire way to get punished is using all of your jumps when Snake is going up, and not directly above you. When Snake recovers high, you want to wait, see what he does and either Uair, or tornado him. If you've made it back onto the stage, there's no need to Side B. It's VERY punishable if not use correctly. Pay more attention to Snake's setups, especially mines. Looks like you need to practice consistency. Examples of why are at: 3:08 with the random dash attacks, and 3:13 when you Uaired twice and then fastfell. You should practice planking and controlling your jumps. Lastly, flat out approaching with tornado, do NOT do that. You mainly want to use tornado if you're directly above Snake sheild and it's a little low, and if Snake is falling from above you.

ShadowPhoenix951

Smash Ace
Thanks a lot. And yeah, I agree that technical performance and control is probably my weakest area, which is why I just spent a couple hours beating up on lvl. 3 CPUs. :p

Kaffei

Smash Hero

lol@ my DI

I love SL =D It's my favorite move because it's like a jet

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
yo kaffei your amazing with your shuttle loop. just have to throw dat 1 out der
Yeah. I loved your SLs.

Also, one thing you can learn when playing Diddy is that you can almost go on autopilot with the DI considering thee only think he really has that can kill off the top is Uair.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JvjD_fNn7JE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JvjD_fNn7JE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Thoughts? (me vs Illmatic)

Thebest1pj

Pinnacle of Projectile Placement.
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jvjd_fnn7je?fs=1&amp;hl=en_us"></param><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jvjd_fnn7je?fs=1&amp;hl=en_us" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

thoughts? (me vs illmatic)
nado, nado her to death

Orion*

Smash Researcher
p4 you have good moments and theres times where you just get hit with the most obvious ****, or you do something way to obviously ._.

match starts off with you making a read, but failing to apply it technically >_<

at least the cover option you chose, dtilt was really safe. if it hits, on reaction just mash ftilt unless theyre sdi'ing out (atomsk >_>) then you have to mixup.

you chose dash attack. at low percents unless you know all that characters options based on their weight, or you make aread just hold shield and nair oos, or you can go for an emu killer combo :laugh:

Very obvious nado at 14, learn the auto cancel timing so its harder to punish

shoulda nadod or maybe side b cancelled if you know what youre doing with that **** at :18. peachs only option in the air is to float dair it and you couldve covered it pretty well imo

idc if it hit, bad spacing at :20

you uptilted becauuse you thought he would keep going torwards the stage, and then after he mixes up on you like. just kept going with the failed read? or maybe you upBed the wrong direction lol, but you gave up Massive stage control

shoulda nadod at like :28 imo, if he read it you take a turnip? if he didnt you get to juggle peach near the ledge lawl.

he shouldve float daired you at :30, nado from a 45 degree angle or up airs

i have no words for :33. shield or upB LOL

you got read mega hard when you came back from the bomb omb LOL
dont get mad

upB oos at 1:23 , if you didnt do anything, you shouldve chased with fair not dash attack

1:38 you chose a lazy *** option >_>

2:14 shoulda held shield Again

after that you just start playing on auto pilot and i stopped watching lol

also just general opinions, you airdodge into the ground to obviously, especially after youve been hit better palyers will land hardddd moves on you.

also, whenever you chase, you always do dash shield, with the occasional mixup of dash attack. pivot grab ***** both those options, so if you notice youre getting pivot grabbed a lot just walk forward and react w/ ftilt

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
When Nair OOS stopped working because of the spacing of Wario's Dair, he needed to change it up and start dairing OOS, or even shield grabbing him. Also, his Shuttle Loops are FAR too predictable, and are used at the wrong times. Perfect examples of it was in the second match at 3:37, when he lost his stock because of one, and 4:41. If Wario had a fart, it would've been game. He needs to be more patient, and lay off the b button so much(stop approaching with tornado), think more of when to use your tornados and SLs. But his SLs need to be cut down on MUCH more. He needs to think more about his punishes, he misses some really obvious ones like, if you Dsmash isn't staled, and someone it like 115-120, you should do it if they Fsmash just out of your range, it's a chance they could mess up on DI, or Nairing Wario OOS on the bike. Just little things like that can win sets.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
what does autopilot mean?

also LOL illmatic isnt nearly as good vs mk offline lmao at dumb peach mains saying mk ***** peach online
Auto-piloting is basically when a player no longer tries to read/adapt; He is just throwing out attacks.

BIGM1994

Smash Champion
Nah son, that was only 1 match. Illmatic actually is good against MK offline.
LOL i was just hating because of bad wifi memorys also good **** vs him i actually watched the match and yur really legit

Auto-piloting is basically when a player no longer tries to read/adapt; He is just throwing out attacks.
ahh thats what i thought i do that all the time wen i have a 3 stock lead LOL almost costs me matches, if id stop doing it id be a better player. IMO auto-piloting is sandbagging

theunabletable

Smash Lord
Auto piloting is kinda when you just stop... thinking. You're just using your character to the best that you can when you're not focusing at all.

I go on auto-pilot vs Peach a lot. Peach and Lucario. I just play really dumb vs them because I end up not thinking enough about the match. I probably would've placed in the money this past weekend if I hadn't have gone on auto pilot vs a Peach 3 round >_>

Actually does anyone have any tips for learning to not go on autopilot?

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Just keep looking at your opponent, and see what they do when you throw out stuff.

idk lol

Top Bottom