• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Victory is My Destiny - MK Video and Critique Thread

Zozefup

Smash Lord
I need tips on how to beat a camp snake. Tornado worked way more often than it should have. I don't know how to approach a Snake that grenade camps this well and doesn't die to Tornado.

Zozefup VS Joker (Snake)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyLx_ErqXJQ

Maybe I should work on throwing uncooked nades back at him? He just tosses the nades in the air and I didn't know what to do to approach.

With nades in the air, I can't tornado or they will blow me up. So my only option is to approach Snake is when he is not holding a nade (he is free to jab or ftilt. Ick)

Kaffei

Smash Hero
I need tips on how to beat a camp snake. Tornado worked way more often than it should have. I don't know how to approach a Snake that grenade camps this well and doesn't die to Tornado.

Zozefup VS Joker (Snake)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyLx_ErqXJQ

Maybe I should work on throwing uncooked nades back at him? He just tosses the nades in the air and I didn't know what to do to approach.

With nades in the air, I can't tornado or they will blow me up. So my only option is to approach Snake is when he is not holding a nade (he is free to jab or ftilt. Ick)
Do the Ksizzle

Exdeath

Smash Master
~:08 - Meta Knight landed too far away. When you saw him jump, you should have landed closer to him/the ledge, but out of his body's range (Bair/Uai); you had a strong pressure on him at the beginning. Snake off of the ledge is pretty much a guaranteed Neutral-B.

~:45 - Again, you have Snake off of the ledge and you allow him to return to the stage for free.

~2:08 - You see him jump, but you wait on the ground. Meta Knight should have Neutral-Bed to the right (so that he can't hit through the top) and then hit his body to avoid a grenade. If he had reversed his grenade (as he did) then you would still have a good DI going from moving left and could have survived. If you want to ground punish him, then do it when he's landing after a juggle.

~2:22 - As soon as he entered the air, Meta Knight should have Neutral-Bed.

~2:29 - That Up-B could have been a grab putting Snake off of the ledge.

~3:54 - Don't wait for the mortar.

~4:05 - You were too aggressive. Compare the first stock's ending to the second and third.

~4:49 - When you Uthrow a Snake near a grenade, Neutral-B outside of the grenade's range in order to trap him. Either he takes the hit from the grenade, air dodge toward the grenade (air dodging next to your Neutral-B), taking the Neutral-B, air dodging into the Neutral-B, jumping and still taking the Neutral-B because Meta Knight can move to the side and still catch him or any aerials he might use, or using the cipher (possibly jumping first).

~4:57 - If you stood in your shield much longer, it would have been a shield breaker.

~5:19 - When Snake is facing away from Meta Knight with a grenade, Meta Knight can Up-B, Dtilt, or grab without setting off the grenade.

~5:40 - When Snake is facing away from Meta Knight with a grenade and moving toward Meta Knight as Joker was, Meta Knight can Dair his head or Down-B toward the stage and out of Snake's range. If done properly, Snake will be nearer to the ledge and Meta Knight will have a much larger control of the stage (better position).

~6:36 - You tried Uair to Nair juggles multiple times and failed on most of the attempts (being punished for it by 26% of Uair and Bair, not to mention the numerous misspacings resulting in a prematurely exploding grenade). Try replacing Nair with Dair. It's especially effective if Meta Knight is sending Snake off of the stage.

In general, keep in mind that Snake's grenades are like laggier Fox lasers that explode after a considerable amount of time (generally a non-issue if you're camping the Snake within a proper range for pressure) or if hit by a hit box (a non-issue with proper spacing).
Don't be afraid of grenades when they still have a considerable amount of time before they explode and don't run from Snake; camp outside of his range, but within Meta Knight's range. Once Meta Knight is in proper range of Snake, Snake essentially must act first. If Snake pulls a grenade, he's going to have to throw it. Snake throwing a grenade has roughly the same amount of time available as to punish a Meta Knight Dsmash, so keep in mind that you can do so on reaction if you're Dair camping him well and have a good reaction time.

I'm nowhere near good and this is hardly a comprehensive analysis.

IIIIRICK

Smash Journeyman
needs more Dthrow.

and try using the B button more. Just cause people complain about tornado and shuttle loop doesn't mean they are bad attacks, use them :D

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Where is my critique ;_;.
In the beginning you were using a lot of fairs, but Ling Ling could have punished that with a shield grab idk why he didn't.
Fast fall your fairs too, but ff after the fair animation is over cus if you FF DURING fair then you'll have more landing lag.

Right before you got gimped in 1st stock, you were in the air.
whenever you're in the air, you're at a disadvantage. its is also really easy for mk to juggle mk.
therefore when you are hit high up just jump once or twice (to be out of shuttle loop range) and glide over away from the stage. Dj scribs told me to do this and it's really good.. the bad thing about it is that it sets you up for being edgeguarded but it's better to do this cus you won't take stupid juggle damage.

try to grab more and get creative

at like 2:13 you hit him away, and he started to glide. tornado beats glide attack so you could try to nado him offstage. if u see him nado onstage hit him with a dair or something since all of MK's sword moves except GA break nado.
i think you should work on edge guarding (idk how well this works on brinstar cus that stage is gay. ask pro mks)

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
Why is FFing Fair after dair bad?
*extremely, extremely, extremely late* This thread never gets posts anyway, I thought no one would respond to mine.

Well, it's not AS bad as I made it out to be, but when compared to better options like:

- Landing with Nair
- Tornado
- Down-B

It's the worst of the options, unless you know you can hit the opponent(or a few other things), meaning:

A: The Dair missed(or was a poking dair)
B: Poor/strange DI, or heavy character
C: It's a retreating Fair(which is difficult to do if you FF it)

Kaffei

Smash Hero
*extremely, extremely, extremely late* This thread never gets posts anyway, I thought no one would respond to mine.

Well, it's not AS bad as I made it out to be, but when compared to better options like:

- Landing with Nair
- Tornado
- Down-B

It's the worst of the options, unless you know you can hit the opponent(or a few other things), meaning:

A: The Dair missed(or was a poking dair)
B: Poor/strange DI, or heavy character
C: It's a retreating Fair(which is difficult to do if you FF it)
Yeah you are super late haha. I figured it out. Thanks a lot though :chuckle:

Desteny

Smash Rookie
Hello.
Can anybody help me?
I wanted to post a Video, but I have no cam
can anybody add my FC and I send my SSBB Video Data to him/her and (s)he records it and sends the video bac to me so that I can upload it on YT?
Then u can critique me xDDD
Thanks a lot!

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
1. If you Dtilt and it trips don't grab and pummel, grab- Dthrow- Dash Attack(If Snake DIs far) Tornado is no DI/DIs close.

2. You're on the ground far too much, you have great air options, like fallings with a tornado which works very well.

3. When you have an opportunity as big as the one at 2:05 of the video. You should've Up-B'd. You would've hit Snake's cypher and been able to stay alive, if not,t he stage was in proper position to save you.

4. Do NOT ground tornado. It's bad, and I saw you get punished alot for it. If you are to Tornado, do it above him, or below him, but only smartly spaced, or after you've hit him with an Uair.

5. Dthrow... It's the best to do at Low percents.

6. (this is more stage dependant, but still) If you're going to go below a Snake on Delfino, you should poke his sheild with an Uair to Nair, rather than tornado.

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
Don't taunt?

You want to wait more for Wario to land, don't challenge him in the air. Wario is sort of like a waiting game type match up, if you make him start approaching you, you can **** him. Slow down on your Ftilts, use only the first two and wait for the third one, or don't even use it at all to confuse him. Also, use the Fsmash more against a Wario, especially if he's trying to apply pressure, one of the best times is right when he drops his sheild for an aerial(this is situational, only if he's going for an aerial, watch for empty hops), at most you'll trade hits with him. Another time is once again when he's landing from something like a Dair especially, just space, and wait for him to land. Just be patient.

I liked how you threw out tornadoes to bait Wario in, though. That was nice.

dextasmurf

Smash Lord
1. If you Dtilt and it trips don't grab and pummel, grab- Dthrow- Dash Attack(If Snake DIs far) Tornado is no DI/DIs close.

2. You're on the ground far too much, you have great air options, like fallings with a tornado which works very well.

3. When you have an opportunity as big as the one at 2:05 of the video. You should've Up-B'd. You would've hit Snake's cypher and been able to stay alive, if not,t he stage was in proper position to save you.

4. Do NOT ground tornado. It's bad, and I saw you get punished alot for it. If you are to Tornado, do it above him, or below him, but only smartly spaced, or after you've hit him with an Uair.

5. Dthrow... It's the best to do at Low percents.

6. (this is more stage dependant, but still) If you're going to go below a Snake on Delfino, you should poke his sheild with an Uair to Nair, rather than tornado.
help'd thanks :)

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
im the diddy slayer. all i need to do now is beat gnes and adhd.

i seem to be having a problem vs snakes tho. whats the best snake vs mk u guys seen. mostly that are not kssizle vs ally lol

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
In the IC's matchup, unless you can mash out like a god, you want to always be in the air, Dair camp works somewhat against them, but I can tell you, against better ICs, you want to use the dair more as bait. And tornado them whenn you can, but always retreat to a platform when you can. You don't want to land next to them ever. But unless you can mash out, you have really limited options, but to dair camp them, until you can get them above you, or you splite them up. But patience is key. If you get the percentlead, and it isn't a single climber, or you don't have them desynched, do not approach them, if you don't have to. Just try to bait well. Be wary of their godly Uair.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
In the IC's matchup, unless you can mash out like a god, you want to always be in the air, Dair camp works somewhat against them, but I can tell you, against better ICs, you want to use the dair more as bait. And tornado them whenn you can, but always retreat to a platform when you can. You don't want to land next to them ever. But unless you can mash out, you have really limited options, but to dair camp them, until you can get them above you, or you splite them up. But patience is key. If you get the percentlead, and it isn't a single climber, or you don't have them desynched, do not approach them, if you don't have to. Just try to bait well. Be wary of their godly Uair.
I come from maining Ness; being able to mash out of a grab is a virtue =p. I was having trouble with the dair camping because of that 'godly Uair', but what you said about using it as a bait to get them into a nado or something makes a lot of sense. Thanks =).

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
I come from maining Ness; being able to mash out of a grab is a virtue =p. I was having trouble with the dair camping because of that 'godly Uair', but what you said about using it as a bait to get them into a nado or something makes a lot of sense. Thanks =).
It's true~ It's soooo good! It can like 0-40 you!

@ P4, stop Up-Bing so much for recovery, it's easily punishable by Uair when you do it up high. You need to change up how you recover, or people are going to edge guard you easily. If someone is actually really... like... WTF Tornado-ing at your full sheild, you can UpB OoS to catch them. When you UpB at a sheild, cancel the glide, and pull back quickly. Dthrow, unless you're goign for a kill, then Uthrow. The follow up on the dthrow depends on DI, if they go high up, follow them with a Nair, if then go low, but not on the ground low, run up and sheild, you may be able to get another grab off.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Work on canceling glides. At 0:10 of the 1st vid you flew into the ground.
Also I don't know why you would D-air if Marth is jumping over you. You need to be more careful with your approaches, you tend to just run in and get hit by random stuff. Your DI can be better. Every time after a SL you do a glide attack, that is super obvious and punishable idk why p69 didn't punish it. Your SLs are kinda obvious in general too.. Everytime p69 is at the edge/near blast zone you SL and you should try to be less predictable. Work on reading too, that Marth is like A B C D E F G.

Top Bottom