• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[VIC] Melbourne Meetups and Socialness - EARL IS COMING BACK

SurPr15e

Smash Journeyman
Just finished watching the Smash Bros direct. What do you guys think of the new online mode for Smash. We could definitely have some "For Glory" ranbats and finally make some power rankings for Smash Wii U that would work. Also, what do you think of the stages, assist trophies, new characters etc. I might also use the "For Fun" mode as well just so I am not out of the casual loop.

Splice

Smash Hero
Just finished watching the Smash Bros direct. What do you guys think of the new online mode for Smash. We could definitely have some "For Glory" ranbats and finally make some power rankings for Smash Wii U that would work. Also, what do you think of the stages, assist trophies, new characters etc. I might also use the "For Fun" mode as well just so I am not out of the casual loop.
you are the definition of casual, how could you ever be out of the loop?

Dekar289

Smash Hero
'for glory' ranbats sounds good to me
talk all you want guys, come bam friday night crews, you're in for a SurPr15e

S.D

Smash Master
Haven't seen too many viable looking levels yet aside from the animal crossing one, BF and FD. Everything looks too big, too janky or too many platforms/hazards. I'm sure it will be a huge stagelist though. Also excited for greninja, buffed Pit and no transform shenanigans. Surprise for a single digit 'smash power'?

Juci

Smash Apprentice
keen as for some meets on some public holidays. Someone host please, no one wants to come to wallan.

SurPr15e

Smash Journeyman
Still waiting for the reveal of Old Dorfy/G-man, they wouldn't cut him would they?
Hell no. If they did it would probably be in favour of Demise or they might add Girhahim. Anyway, if they do cut him, it means they have not joined Old Dorfy/G-Man, which means they are not the greatest in Koridai and it also means they will DIE.

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
Hell no. If they did it would probably be in favour of Demise or they might add Girhahim. Anyway, if they do cut him, it means they have not joined Old Dorfy/G-Man, which means they are not the greatest in Koridai and it also means they will DIE.
What the hell are you talking about? gdi

SethT

Smash Ace
Flew into Melbourne last night. If anyone feels like coming down to Point Cook to play smash and can bring wii or Gamecube / Brawl and Melee / CRT, literally welcome at anytime. Just rock up and say you're here to play smash.

pm for address or add seth touchette on facebook.

Last edited:

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
Point cook =/= melbourne. Heck youre pushing it to even say victoria.

Plus I cant find my passport so the border patrol at cooklandia wont let me in sorry

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
Phil was at my old house heaps which was a little further than point cook. Although he probably had his passport then.

Aggromidget

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone live IN Kew and want to play some Melee? Or Brawl? or 64? or Smash4?

EDIT: I ask because I think I remember someone said they live there.

Last edited:

Hughie

Smash Lad
Me and PCG live in Kew. I'm like 15 tho so I can't do much. I'm thinking about a possible event at a place on Wilsmere Rd.

S.D

Smash Master
Hi guys,

I have a week off starting Sunday and have no immediate plans. If anyone is free through the week and wants to visit for smash boot camp let me know. I live in Traralgon.

SurPr15e

Smash Journeyman
Last edited:

SurPr15e

Smash Journeyman
If anyone has the time or money. Who will try to get into the Nintendo Invitational at E3 this year. I hope Dekar, Redact or S.D try for it. If you can't make it, you can always go to Best Buy and play the demo of Smash 4 there. Maybe even get a money match or two at Best Buy. I could imagine Dekar, Redact or S.D in a Smash 4 money match at Best Buy. Either lots of salt or a friendly and harmonious rivalry that will last for years.

TakFR

Smash Lord
NNID
TakAE86
You should try to get them there SuPr15e, write a letter personally to Nintendo asking for Dekar, Redact and S.D to be invited for free.

How could they say no?

SurPr15e

Smash Journeyman
What do you guys think of Ike in Smash 4? He looks so badass. His muscles can probably rival that of Captain Falcon's. I think Ike may become the new manliest character in Smash 4 instead of Captain Falcon. Falcon should watch out. What do you guys think?

Splice

Smash Hero
I think that with the introduction of Ike, Smash 4 now has noob support.
Now all the players with the reaction speed of a sea anemone can now play Ike to defeat other players at their level.

This is really good news for you SurPr15e, I definitely think there is like at least a couple of people in Australia you could beat if you picked Ike. You could probably beat my niece unless she picked Ike as well.

Splice

Smash Hero
If people can beat anyone with Ike, what will happen if there is a double Ike. It'll just be sudden deaths over and over.
no not anyone, Ike is just so noobs can beat other noobs. So no-one cares about scrubs playing Ike dittos
I really hope the majority of casuals don't hug Ike's **** like in Brawl, I would like a different fan favourite scrub hero. Everyone should get hype for megaman or something

Bu$

HoC
Alright you bunch of weak dogs! I think I will have my game capture HD by Wednesday so are people keen to come over and stream/record some HoC melee? I have a room cap of 4 people so if you're not picked don't be bummed, I still <3 uuuu. Get around it.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
bus once again on a mission to kill the scene
hates the game and hates all of us

Top Bottom