• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[VIC] Melbourne Meetups and Socialness - EARL IS COMING BACK

Juci

Smash Apprentice
that was me who posted the giant crt on facebook, i wonder if we split it up will they be any good..

Splice

Smash Hero
I was thinking last night about long term meet tournaments. Just get bracket matches of a pre-made bracket done over the course of a few months/meets.
No tournament environment, but a bit of motivation and proving grounds. Could be a fun project. Half of the Melee scene are regularly at meets so it could be do-able. Maybe just start hosting tournaments at meets then... haha

I'd have already rented out this place near Elwood beach that was a function room for my 13th birthday, except now it is a La Porchetta instead. It'd be nice to start something regular.

Splice

Smash Hero
Should we maybe try to organize a tournament ourselfs before BAM?
Get a little more hype for the meet-by-meet tournament
After this bracket is done I will add HYPE INCENTIVES to the next one
w0w

Hardpelicn

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0447-5409-6382
So I've got all of next week off, I'll be spending the majority of the time in the city, but if anyone's keen for smash at anypoint I'd be keen. Also if people can be assed travelling out to mill park, I have 3 crt's 4 wii's and a ****ton of couches now. :D:D

Bu$

HoC
So I've got all of next week off, I'll be spending the majority of the time in the city, but if anyone's keen for smash at anypoint I'd be keen. Also if people can be ***** travelling out to mill park, I have 3 crt's 4 wii's and a ****ton of couches now. :D:D
I'll be hosting a meet Wednesday night d00d ;)

Splice

Smash Hero
So I've got all of next week off, I'll be spending the majority of the time in the city, but if anyone's keen for smash at anypoint I'd be keen. Also if people can be ***** travelling out to mill park, I have 3 crt's 4 wii's and a ****ton of couches now. :D:D
Friday Meet.

FridayMeetFridayMeetFridayMeetFridayMeetFridayMeetFridayMeetFridayMeetFridayMeetFridayMeetFridayMeetFridayMeetFridayMeetFridayMeetFridayMeetFridayMeetFridayMeetFridayMeetFridayMeetFridayMeetFridayMeetFridayMeetFridayMeetFridayMeetFridayMeetFridayMeetFridayMeetFridayMeetFridayMeetFridayMeetFridayMeet

Jamwa

Smash Champion
do you still have my Wiimote? i kinda forgot if the 1 i have now is a friends or mine.

Splice

Smash Hero
Jamie's really a furry
Max please host a meet on Friday next week? Hype it pl0x :))))

Last edited:

Splice

Smash Hero
There's a spare room in my house, about 3x7 meters, it's cool if they want to set up there.
I think that room is $120 a month. Pretty affordable and I mean you can use the outside backyard space as well which is even bigger.
It's in Clayton, supreme location and close to notable smash royalty Dekar, as well as a Dominos Pizza outlet.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
There's a spare room in my house, about 3x7 meters, it's cool if they want to set up there.
I think that room is $120 a month. Pretty affordable and I mean you can use the outside backyard space as well which is even bigger.
It's in Clayton, supreme location and close to notable smash royalty Dekar, as well as a Dominos Pizza outlet.
How can any room in a city be that cheap?
That in sydney would be $120 a week day. Unless i'm misunderstanding 'room'

Last edited:

Splice

Smash Hero
How can any room in a city be that cheap?
That in sydney would be $120 a week day. Unless i'm misunderstanding 'room'
I think your problem is your close-minded definition of "in a city"
This house is too far from a KFC to be expensive.

Anders

Smash Rookie
So my adapter finally arrived. I'm still not really used to using GCC (@phrase can attest to my extreme saltiness) but as I mentioned on Reddit I'm still pretty interested in heading to some Melbourne meets.

Any chance I can reserve a newbie slot at the next one?

Bu$

HoC
So my adapter finally arrived. I'm still not really used to using GCC (@phrase can attest to my extreme saltiness) but as I mentioned on Reddit I'm still pretty interested in heading to some Melbourne meets.

Any chance I can reserve a newbie slot at the next one?
Yeah man the majority of the people coming to the meets are actually new. You're welcome to come.

SurPr15e

Smash Journeyman
Woah, woah, woah guys. If Bus is supposed to be the old Dolfy of the Australian scene who'll soon become one of the best (and oppressing) players in the Australian scene, then I believe I am the Chuck Norris of the scene. I have always won and will always be the best. See SurPr15e(Me) vs the world is really Chuck Norris vs the world and the result is that Chuck Norris always wins. Anyway, while Bus is Hitler or Old Dolfy/H-Man, Dekar is Stalin, Toshiba is Ho Chi Minh, Forte is Chairman Mao, S.D is some U.S President and Redact is Admiral General Aladeen because he (Redact) is very funny like Aladeen. Why am I saying they are those people? Because dictators are seen as powerful people and these guys are seen as the best and powerful people in the Aus smash community. This post is also meant to be a joke by the way and the generalisation of the mentioned players to notable dictators is not my actual opinion of these people as I believe they are the most nicest and friendliest guys possible and don't act like total ***** and asses like those dictators. I also know that I am not the best but I will be soon. Also, in terms of looks, I think that S.D looks the most like Chuck Norris with his beard although he looks more like Mitch from Modern Family.

Last edited:

SurPr15e

Smash Journeyman
I also forgot one thing. If Bus is supposed to be Old Dolfy, Dekar or someone needs to make a Hitler parody video with him in the bunker addressing the generals. List of possible scenarios for Bus/Hitler to be ranting about: SurPr15e (Me) wins SurPr15e vs the world, SurPr15e vs the world is happening but Bus is not a competitor, SurPr15e wins BAM, Bus can only play Brawl singles and teams and not Melee, Melee is not at BAM, Bus loses to SurPr15e in a match or SurPr15e vs the world, Play Station All Stars Battle Royale is at BAM and Bus has the title of "Best Up and coming Falcon" taken away from him and so many more scenarios etc. Anyway here is a clip of him ranting about APEX and Mango just to hype up the Bus train in preparation for BAM and also to serve as a little inspiration. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2F5bE45cUM or if you want, you can just create a meme.

Last edited:

Splice

Smash Hero
w0w gud video surprise v.funny

more please
altho I know I don't need to tell you that

Last edited:

Bu$

HoC
I also forgot one thing. If Bus is supposed to be Old Dolfy, Dekar or someone needs to make a Hitler parody video with him in the bunker addressing the generals. List of possible scenarios for Bus/Hitler to be ranting about: SurPr15e (Me) wins SurPr15e vs the world, SurPr15e vs the world is happening but Bus is not a competitor, SurPr15e wins BAM, Bus can only play Brawl singles and teams and not Melee, Melee is not at BAM, Bus loses to SurPr15e in a match or SurPr15e vs the world, Play Station All Stars Battle Royale is at BAM and Bus has the title of "Best Up and coming Falcon" taken away from him and so many more scenarios etc. Anyway here is a clip of him ranting about APEX and Mango just to hype up the Bus train in preparation for BAM and also to serve as a little inspiration. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2F5bE45cUM or if you want, you can just create a meme.
Please stop. You make me feel bad for how bad i am and not living up to these legends. Pls </3

Top Bottom