• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[VIC] Melbourne CouchWarriors 2011 - AGM News

Would you like to see a cash prize pool? (Public vote)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
ahh sam its alright, we were just going easy on Melbourne remember?
seriously that tourney was the funnest one ever, thanks to everyone I played, there were some great matches.

jei jei- I got my revenge! but that was pretty close, it could have gone either way the entire time, you have an amazing comeback ability.

redact- good match's man, a bit unlucky with the stage's though, and also because I've had a bit of practice fighting dedede's, I look forward to some more.

a - I love snake ditto's, so much pwn, and now you know the power of the nair.
hopefully I'll get to vs you again.

tak - lol, great match man, that was a well earnt victory. fox players are teh pro.

shaya - your a beast man, what can I say. looking back over those match's I can see some of the mind games you got on me, your just getting too good.

anyways, sorry to everyone else that's about all I remember.

grats to Shaya and Shaz for running a great tourney,
and a huge thank you to Shaya, S.D and Meteor Master for training me, It really helped in that tourney.

pro tip, playing rock band between match's get's your smash concentration back up.

TakFR

Smash Lord
NNID
TakAE86
I'm lazy and tired so i'll make this short

Redact: Nesk has Gordo hax powers =D

Em: Are you still going to be suprised about my hair at Sydney?

Nay: Naybizzle!! :laugh:

Shaya: Stop ****** my name!!! :bee:

Forte: Lvl 2 Pidgey XD

S.D: Really epic matches there man.... seriously those were insane

Luke Atyeo: I loved how Snake was just tall enough so i could hit the very top of your head with the laser :laugh:

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
A big p-o-o to the Curtin as a venue...as it's ********. Surely with nearly 300 dollars raised from smash alone Couch Warriors could get us a venue with a little more time flexibility.

Great to see so many people showed up. Unfortunately time really has more than gotten the better of the monthly events now...it was difficult enough to finish the singles for brawl alone, with no team event, melee singles or teams or various other events we could otherwise attempt. This with two people running AND a computer.

My apologies for sucking at Brawl far more than the norm...only played hax brawl so to play normal brawl at a level I'd like to have done wasn't happening :(. I let Ike down...how lame of me! ><

Thanks heaps for showing up Sydney guys and adding some more colour to the rainbow that is Melbourne smash.

Were there prize money for Sydney I'd go - and in form to boot. However I'd not be welcome since god-mode is banned.
Melbourne melee crew choices are broken if everyone could go.

MikulOnIce85

Smash Ace
Nice one shaz. Btw guys it looks like I could be moving to melbourne by next tuesday, which would mean I could play some smash a lot more often! But I won't have the internet, so someone would have to call me to tell me about any smash events.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
The biggest issue was the four televisions/wiis. With that many people the time difference between a 4th and a 5th TV was humongous.

I also believe the xbox guys were trying to say that they were going to take 2 out of the 6 TVs which were initially dedicated to us. And while a 5th TV was temporarily used for brawl; with colour issues - it was eventually given up for melee, which I don't think was the greatest thing ever.

Anyway nothing much we could do, 54 entrants is an unbelievably large amount. Like QBB only had 15 more people but 5x the televisions. YES FIVE TIMES THE TELEVISIONS.

Yanoss1313

Smash Journeyman
yea, after that i think I'll be bringing a TV and Wii next time, although, the telly will just a be a little 25 cm one, but i guess it's better than nothing >.<

Forte4Tei

Smash Apprentice
I don't think anyone anticipated the amount of people that would come on that day, was it because of school hols?

Had fun, but I felt sick in there tbh =(

~Vince.

Forte4Tei

Smash Apprentice
Lol, I'd rather just give the raw stuff to you in Sydney, or I could ask Sam to upload them for you =3

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
its just the venue =/= promote the bringing of televisions with its location
lots of people dont drive there since its city, and therefore it just makes it hard, distance from station and so forth
really, dispite the easy to get to location of the venue, everything else about it imo is poor
im really starting to wish it was the previous venue and time

Suntan Luigi

Smash Lord
Hey guys sorry I haven't posted in ages. I might as well do shoutouts while I'm here

S.D. : Dude your Pit is awesome. You actually pulled off combos in Brawl omg!!!1!11

Shaya: I told you Marth's girly looks were no match for me. Oh and thanks for helping out with running the tournament. Shaz would've died without you this monthly.

Meteor/Luke: I didn't get to play you guys but one day when I fly to Sydney for a tournament, we can play a few games. Nice meeting you guys.

hmm who's next on the list?*thinks*Can't remember. I'll go in any order.

X- *ignores first game*. That second game was really close and could've gone either way. You is improving much.

IceK: You

Jei: man when's the next time we're gonna play in the finals again?

Lee: Snake is fine. So is mine. You probably won't even see this post so it's just a waste of my time.

Bryan: Thanks for being my teammate. We almost won doubles if it hadn't been for my sd on the last match. GG

Shaz- Thanks for running the tournament again. Cao doesn't have to look back to make sure everything is going well since you're in charge. Also about that grab rule, I wish it was on the front page of this thread so I could have known that it was still in.

Dekar/Forte/Redact/Em- Melee friendlies were the best. The only part that I actually enjoyed about last weekend.

Cao- Come back we miss you.

Melbourne crew- We kick arse and we're the best. Sydney ain't got nothing on us. Right?

I'm leaving to overseas this Saturday to Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand and Perth. You guys take care of yourselves. Muchas <3 to you all.

Suntan Luigi

Smash Lord

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
But those stage lists don't have any counterpick stages for Metaknight :)

Also G&W still has rainbow 'CRUISE'.

I'd say banning MK as a 'blindpick' character works fine n dandy :D

Oh, and what the hell, Marth was no match for you? 2 stockan snake says what? Also I picked a horrible CP stage; YOU GOT LUCKY.

Suntan Luigi

Smash Lord
MK loses some good stages as well. This list gives a greater push for low tiers to rise up. If you can't be MK, no johns. :)
We never really had a MK problem so you shouldn't be too concerned.

Edit: I never win my first match against someone I don't know.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
MK loses some good stages as well. This list gives a greater push for low tiers to rise up. If you can't be MK, no johns. :)
We never really had a MK problem so you shouldn't be too concerned.

Edit: I never win my first match against someone I don't know.
I almost won the second. Also I had never vsed a D3 offline in my entire life. Seriously.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
but you didn't pick battlefield
because you weren't smart enough
therefore, cobalt is the superior smasher
also note how cobalt can use heaps of different characters at a top level, whereas shaya has.... just marth

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
but you didn't pick battlefield
because you weren't smart enough
therefore, cobalt is the superior smasher
also note how cobalt can use heaps of different characters at a top level, whereas shaya has.... just marth
Uhhh, I didn't ever feel the need to change character; and I went and came 3rd :p. You should try my huggable wubbable Snake.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
ok shoutouts bro

Redact: man your heaps sick

Captain falcon: YES!

Atticus: thats mad

Redact: man your totally mad

Dekar289

Smash Hero
everyone's going to be in sydney next weekend
i'm going to knock out my mum and lock her in some random steel crate and torture her to a slow and painful death
it's a win for all

Suntan Luigi

Smash Lord
This years season is over and we all saw how crap Brawl is so we're switching back to Melee right? right?

I think we should have a poll and see what individuals thoughts were towards this year.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
melee's heaps sick bro
also cobalt, i prefer melee and brawl both being played because it makes me feel tough when i win at both even though i really only play one lol

but still melee is heaps sick
melee? thatsmad

bylim5

Smash Journeyman
melee's heaps sick bro
also cobalt, i prefer melee and brawl both being played because it makes me feel tough when i win at both even though i really only play one lol

but still melee is heaps sick
melee? thatsmad
yeah dats sick bro, mad c***s play melee uleh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom