• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[VIC] Melbourne CouchWarriors 2011 - AGM News

Would you like to see a cash prize pool? (Public vote)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
my mummy says no
coz i got pissed off at our printer and kicked a hole in the wall
a wall in my room, btw
hypocritical because she has srs anger issues

on the plus side when we win crews they'll be all "WTF EVEN W/O DEKAR OMG WE'RE NUBS CUT CUT" and i have money for like stuff

=(

CATS

Smash Journeyman
dekar you need to focus your rage into further win, not into walls.

melb will win regardless because victory is our destiny.

Dedu

Smash Lord
i Got Pissed Off At Our Printer And Kicked A Hole In The Wall
Lol take it like a man and bash your pillow up instead. Doing it to a wall might feel great but its likely to end up with your... having scratches and cuts.

And get some boxing gloves while you're at it :p
hmmm...

Dekar289

Smash Hero
we might be idk
don't have to consistently give data, could just submit a heap of results after the next major or couple of majors. the monthlies wouldn't count though imo

Viral-Enki

Smash Cadet
I'd like to be placed on the email list, that sounds interesting. :)

Insizor/Ben
benspyrou@gmail.com

Also, is Ice Climber's Chain Grab really aloud up to 300%?
I've seen a few tourney rules/vids saying only 3 to 4 grabs in a certain time.
Just wondering.

Afropony

Smash Lord
OK so I'm thinking about going to this tournament on the 23rd. It will be my first Brawl tournament and I'm only 14.
What should i expect?
What shouldn't i do?
Am i too young?
Can you guys give me some ideas on what it's going to be like?

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Afro:

You should expect a bit of insanity; you need to be cool, calm, and not agro like Dekar and kick walls n stuff (i.e. be mature)
You shouldn't NOT bring a controller, you shouldn't be needy, you shouldn't be a cry baby, and you shouldn't NOT know the rules.
No you're not, age is a number, if you're mature enough there should be no issues.
You'll play some brawl matches, you may win, you may lose, take the opportunity to not get upset if you lose, a person new to tournaments usually does (lose). And hopefully play some friendlies with people to help pick up your skills.

TakFR

Smash Lord
NNID
TakAE86
You should expect a bit of insanity; you need to be cool, calm, and not agro like Dekar and kick walls n stuff (i.e. be mature)
I lol'd

hmm might not be going to this one unfortunatly, parents don't want me hanging around a station late by myself trying to get a bus home so apparently i have to leave at 5:00 =(

Dekar289

Smash Hero
rage when you lose
rage when you win
rage when you find out cobalt has entered the tournament
rage when x rages, just for moar RAGE

Dedu

Smash Lord
lol my folks did that too when i first went to Comrades of Anfology.
Be home by 9!

But I already was starting to hang out and stuff... lol.

Just let them know you are fine and if they want you home by a certain time and when the tourney isn't, let them know what's happening and i'm sure they'll understand your situation.

xx

Dekar289

Smash Hero
nah no forms need to be signed
it's a very laid back, fun, casual tournament for all ages
it's brawl after all, yeuck

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
In relation to parents:
There are no 'forms', we expect that children who attend are either well acquainted with someone, or are not shy enough to introduce themselves properly.
You should inform your parents where you're going, if your parents wish to talk an adult, well err, ask Shaz for his mobile number or something.

S.D

Smash Master
OK so I'm thinking about going to this tournament on the 23rd. It will be my first Brawl tournament and I'm only 14.
What should i expect?
What shouldn't i do?
Am i too young?
Can you guys give me some ideas on what it's going to be like?
Take Dekar's advice its the path to being pro at life. You'll be fine dude don't stress, I hear the Melbournites are friendly enough. Looking forward to meeting aforementioned Vics, think Cao's the only one I've met.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Jei, me and n 'the gang' are in on Saturday afternoon, man up and come to our hotel room or something. (I believe it is EXTREMELY CLOSE to the john curtin)

It will be like the pre-dont come secret invite party CAO was going to hold, except with blackjack and hookers and without it being cancelled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom