• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[VIC] Melbourne CouchWarriors 2011 - AGM News

Would you like to see a cash prize pool? (Public vote)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Zan and Plasia's cars are going up to Sydmey ~ I'll be renting one with Shaya at Sydney.

Get flights yo! They are affordable and some people are gettin theirs, so you're not the only one!

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer

Ninetndo Australia said:
Melbourne Australia, 26 November 2008 - PLEASE NOTE: THE TIME AND DATE OF THIS EVENT HAS CHANGED.

The Nintendo Experience arrives exclusively at EB Games Swanston Street Thursday the 11th at midday. Be the first to experience this dedicated Nintendo Gaming Area, the first of its kind in Australia.

Come down to play your favourite Nintendo games and the latest releases for Wii and Nintendo DS. The Nintendo Experience has something for everyone, you don’t need to know the rules, just pick up and play! Be on the lookout for your favourite Nintendo characters, you never know who will make an appearance.

Make sure you arrive early as the first 100 people to enter the area will receive a Nintendo DS or Wii software title; and for the lucky few there will also be Wii and Nintendo DS consoles up for grabs.
Stay tuned for more information, Nintendo will be giving away tickets to the VIP Launch Night!

Dekar289

Smash Hero
there's on ds and one wii to be won

giving a free free games to the first 100, not consoles, douchebags

LemonManX

Smash Lord
No need to get like that, Dekar.

Furthermore, I reckon that Nintendo Lounge place could be awesome to check out, I don't work til 8pm that night either, I might come have a looksy.

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
*cough*addicted xD

Free stuff wins but the game they give will be something ghay if I come...and if I don't something I wish I was there to get...

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
i'll have lunch at chilipadi! <3 we also need to find something for the suprise santa :estatic:

Moogleman

Smash Cadet
Howdy all, long time no chat.
Through reading the past couple of pages of this thread it has come to my attention that melee is gonna be coming back*gets mega excited mega quick*. This of course means that id love to smash as soon as possible lol! Im going to traveling soon but when i get back in early jan we should have some kind of melee doogle! Anyways, hope to be smashing with you guys shortly.

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
hey if no one is doing anything on Friday night I wanna have a melee/brawl meet at n2c at about 9pm. Jack and Jesse I'm mostly talking to you

Dedu

Smash Lord
If only we had an n2c in Sydney...

</3
It would be awesome for impromptu meets thru the week if biweeklies aren't running.

Forte4Tei

Smash Apprentice
Sydney made me want to play melee even more, WE NEED MORE MEETS A)WFIOHXCOAYD*(Y(*QY@I#*YQI8gbilu

Dedu

Smash Lord
hahahaha those games we had on saturday night were awesome.

Props to your fox reading skilllzzzz!

_X_

Smash Lord
hey if no one is doing anything on Friday night I wanna have a melee/brawl meet at n2c at about 9pm. Jack and Jesse I'm mostly talking to you
Yeah should do, I have it off and I'm working at like 1 saturday, let farkin' drink!!... And play smash >_>

also, grow a ****

yeah i'll *** come
Oh d00kar, you're ma FAVORITE smashbro.

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
Yeah moar ppl! I'll try get Nay to come and other scrub Brawl players. As for Melee, I don't have a memory card (was stolen along with all my other sh*t) but it's what I'll be playing all night. Can anyone supply an extra Melee file for the night?

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
yer i can supply that ~ so there's an N2C meet this friday night? whats the starting time? i'll try pop by for a short whole - theres that new nintendo lounge to check out as well

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
This thread has converted into Melbourne's Melee playground. Brawl fans don't worry, there's going to be another thread just for you <3

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Not when there will be a separate series of tournaments for Brawl coming soon. It will be a pain in the *** to manage everything in 1 thread.

I'm not exactly sure how these new arrangements will work out just yet, but for now all you need to know is that we are committed to CW in 2009. In addition, there will also be another venue rented out exclusively to run alternate tournaments for us - how we use this space for whichever game hasn't been sorted out yet, but will be over the summer.

Lastly, this Brawl initiative is not mine, it's someone else's. They want to run tournaments? I'll gladly let them. :)

_X_

Smash Lord
Not when there will be a separate series of tournaments for Brawl coming soon. It will be a pain in the *** to manage everything in 1 thread.

I'm not exactly sure how these new arrangements will work out just yet, but for now all you need to know is that we are committed to CW in 2009. In addition, there will also be another venue rented out exclusively to run alternate tournaments for us - how we use this space for whichever game hasn't been sorted out yet, but will be over the summer.

Lastly, this Brawl initiative is not mine, it's someone else's. They want to run tournaments? I'll gladly let them. :)
Melbourne's Stigma-B '09, amirite KO?

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
haha you know it! as for which venue gets what, Shaz mentioed this:

"if Jei does run a brawl regular it would make brawl pointless at monthly

which would free time for us to do melee and whatnot

all i know is unless things somehow do change time is too short and we're not able to fit brawl in at the current place well even if its on its own without melee or hax brawl"

so that's settled. melee becomes part of the ranbats 2009, and brawl will have a new home (which is likely to be the convent)

also, in local regular tourneys, the games stay separated for development focus and manageable turnouts. in big major tournaments, they will be merged for collective atmosphere and turnout strength.

BACK TO N2C discussion! this friday after 5pm amirite?????????????? i'm so there! LETS GO DRINKSIES! BLAZEY!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom