• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[VIC] Melbourne CouchWarriors 2011 - AGM News

Would you like to see a cash prize pool? (Public vote)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
Oh no you totally talk like that The World Ends With You boss guy. I guess that's interesting. lol.
What part of Melbourne are you from?

edit: Oh haha wouldn't you know it? Your avatar totally IS the boss guy. I should be more attentive.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Please brings Wiis and Brawl if you can't bring a TV tomorrow! Thanks :)

please arrive at 2pm on the dot. we'll try our best to have things set up as soon as possible around the 2pm time.

before we start the tournament, ill gather everyone up before handing the tournament over to shaz so he can lay down some new rules.

this will be fun

ANYONE THAT BRINGS TVS PLEASE COME AT 1.30PM TO SET UP

Mr. Phantasmo

Smash Journeyman
Hey we should print out some posters of the rules for all the people who don't visit this site, just so we don't have randoms going out for a bit during the tornament then complain when they get disqualified.

Other than that I'm looking forward to tomorrow.

P.S. Mikul, I'll bring Diamond and Perl if I can borrow someones DS, I have lent mine to my girlfriend and she is in Wadonga.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
OMG cuted! Melbourne Smash is back into gear!

Results:
1: Ammeren
2: Cobalt
3: Jei
4: Dekar
5: Tak
5: CAOTIC
7: Zax
7: Erick
9: Devil
9: X
9: Oldschool
9: Ice K
13: Kaz
13: Nay
13: Jared
13: Cats
17: Forblaze
17: Adam
17: Wayne
17: Shaz
17: Pork Soda
17: Redact
17: Julian
17: Lizam
25: Mikul
25: Shade
25: Ben
25: CMF
25: Vermy
25: PK69
25: Ugly
25: Shadow Knight
33: Hypno
33: Brad
33: Joe
33: Leigh
33: Forte
49: Ace
49: Lana
49: Baz1

1: Erick + Chris
2: X + Tak
3: CAOTIC + Wayne
4: Jei + Dekar (Buttsex Parade)
5: Nay + Devil
5: Brad + Ice K
7: Cobalt + Joe
7: Vermy + Ugly
9: Ace + Pork Soda
9: Blazey + Cronorox
9: Mikul + Adam

Amazing final set, I'm glad we kept it a little secret

Dekar289

Smash Hero
shhhhhhhhhhoutouts

redact: nah
x: i hyped you up for nothing =(
cao: see that clutch marth? SEE THAT?
jei: we were so the best team there ;) wanted to school you in singles... well it woulda been close... but yeh I copied cobalt's strat of not recovering
cobalt: you're banned from coming =D
erick: usual fail singles position, had to team with the jesus of smash to win doubles, how cheep
did the last 5 doubles matches get forfieted??
nay: didn't see you much baby, i assume it's because you SUCKED O_O
lana: how YOU doin...
chris: all of melb gets owned by some qld scrub, aargh
you're orsm!

sooo we had 5 - 6 smash tvs but it still ran super late WHY?

Lizam

Smash Cadet
NNID
Lizzam
I had an awesome time guys. Thanks for such a great event ^^.
Looking forward to the next time i go, which might not be for a while because of school + exams getting even closer >.<

Cheers

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
sooo we had 5 - 6 smash tvs but it still ran super late WHY?
You realise in a double elimination tournament of 41 people about 80 sets need to be played? (If my ****ty maths is working)

that is... a lot... of matches.

If it's best of three, and each 'set' goes for 15 minutes each...
thats 1,200 minutes worth of matches. Or 20 hours.
5 TVs and thats 4 hours, 6 tvs and its 3h20min or so...

That's with PERFECT timing. PERFECT. With all the bull **** its probably close to 20 minutes each set. (5h20min [5tvs], or 4h30ish [6]). Yeah, what time did singles start? :D and what time it end?

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
It started at 2.30 and finished at 7pm, whilst teams started at 5pm and finished at 9pm. We also threw in a 1 hour dinner break, which we'd never done before. The tournament actually ran very smoothly with Shaz, the thing is, Brawl just takes longer to complete. 3 hours singles tournaments with 40+ people just doesn't happen anymore. :) Things will only finish earlier if we get an earlier start date, but that doesn't happen with a 2pm start.

Anyway, I have some some missing things of mine to report:
- My nunchuck and wiimote that was placed behind the 'Twinrova' TV - I assumed the person who owned that TV packed away my controllers, please get back to me on that.
- My PC power cable. I'm not sure how it got lost, maybe it's still at the venue?

Anyways, Chris passes on rights to naming the TV's next month, so that means Cobalt can name them. :)

This month's names were:
- Gohma
- Morpha
- Twinrova
- G-Dorf
- Nabooru

system worked pretty well. :)

Zant3tsuken

Smash Journeyman
Just like to thank Shaz for being such a champ paying for peoples entries with TVs. As an organiser of CW who is generally the one collecting that money, I feel guilty that the day cost him so much. I really don't want to see somebody have to do that again in the hopes of getting more TVs there. Besides the obvious silliness of making an organiser pay more for the day than a regular attendee, it really isn't sustainable to do this all the time.

Now, with all that said, we really did hit maximum capacity with TVs today, and we'll probably be buying more tables to accommodate growth. We would very much like to know how much Shazs decision to pay for people's entry impacted our number of TVs, because it would be a shame if we end up with less TVs than this month.

In my mind, TV incentive is the most important thing that needs to be discussed at our dinner on Tuesday, so if you're interested, please come along.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Couch Warriors sure has grown. We're starting to outgrow the Bandroom already, and I see in my log that there was 77 attendees today.

Third Strike Armies:

More Third Strike Armies:

Street Fighter/Guilty Gear section:

Rockband section:

More Rockband:

The cuted section:

Random people pic:

And again:

Smash section:

More Smash section:

And lastly, Jamie, good to see you :):

_X_

Smash Lord
It started at 2.30 and finished at 7pm, whilst teams started at 5pm and finished at 9pm. We also threw in a 1 hour dinner break, which we'd never done before. The tournament actually ran very smoothly with Shaz, the thing is, Brawl just takes longer to complete. 3 hours singles tournaments with 40+ people just doesn't happen anymore. :) Things will only finish earlier if we get an earlier start date, but that doesn't happen with a 2pm start.

Anyway, I have some some missing things of mine to report:
- My nunchuck and wiimote that was placed behind the 'Twinrova' TV - I assumed the person who owned that TV packed away my controllers, please get back to me on that.
- My PC power cable. I'm not sure how it got lost, maybe it's still at the venue?

Anyways, Chris passes on rights to naming the TV's next month, so that means Cobalt can name them. :)

This month's names were:
- Gohma
- Morpha
- Twinrova
- G-Dorf
- Nabooru

system worked pretty well. :)
Hey it all went really well.

ANNT: Ice K also lost a wii mote if anyone finds it we will buy you a beer.

Shoutouts are as follows.

X: GG Brah.

Devil: >_>

Ice K: <_<

Pony: Why didn't you give me a hug before you left, hurts ma feelingsz brah, cuts me deep.

Chris: You're too good man, hope you had an epic time while you were down here, pwnin' all the Melbourne kids.

Cao: You're just too good at Smash games full stop, (ironic how I continued with a comma, no?) Melee or Brawl.

Shaz: Good work running things today. Even though you had to make an early exit you ran things very smoothly.

Erik: Eventually our matches will start being 50/50, that's all I want... :(

Nay: Pro' skillz, too sexy. "Who wants to hold my hand" - ".... >_> Alright"

Brad: Try harder and you'll win.

Dekar: I let you down man, that's the worse than my ****ty position... :'( I must recover.

Forte: If you didn't have a good time I will kill anyone who impeeded your fun. K brah?

Tak: Too sexy doubles. When Dekar and yourself left Jei and I joined forces to win our next few matches but ultimately get pwn'd by Erik and Chris (AGAIN!)

Jei: We are are too good. We'd have won teams if I'd stoped like... kicking you <_<

Emily: Where you at biatch? We all know you love Brawl.

Blazey: Whi no sexy timez brah?

Cats: We needed to get some friendlies happening man.

Cobolt: "Are you out?" - "What do you mean 'am I out?!' *RAGE "

Jared: You're a machine, keep it up and you'll be pwnin' everyone.

Oldskool: I think we spoke once >_>. Hope you had a sick time.

Zax: Too good bro'.

Couch Warriors: A big shout-out to all you guys, you know what's up. All the events have ran really well with the effort you guys and Cao/Shaz etc. put in, keep it up...please?

Street fighter guys: You guys are awesome, Imma practice so I fail less next time... >_>

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
It started at 2.30 and finished at 7pm, whilst teams started at 5pm and finished at 9pm.
So I was pretty much on the money about how long things were going to be.

5 tvs = 4hours-5hr20mins.

And the midpoint between them is close to that 4.5hr mark :). So yeah the average set lasted between 15-20 minutes.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
what i saw that day was orsum, things progressed alot more smoothly than usual from the small part i saw, due to shaz
i liked the tv names, but next time, i would prefer a list like
1: captain amazing
2: commander amazing
3: yet another army rank with amazing at the end
so on so forth

chris was gg, lizam was gg, everyone i saw was gg, and its 1:50 am so dont expect alot from this post
was all gg, im just getting bored of brawl :/

Mr. Phantasmo

Smash Journeyman
Hey all, just one thing I noticed yesterday is that Wiimotes were getting passed around alot as people were setting up, I know mine was used to set up at least 3 other Wiis. Like your controllers it would be a good idea to mark your remotes or bring your own and then stash it somewhere it can't get lossed.

Other than that I had me a great time but I forgot to enter the Soul Calibur IV tournie (I need revenge on Plasia).

Big lol on Jei getting two parmas even though the second one was ment to be Devil's.

Also thankyou to Shaz, Cao and a little bit of Mikul (human megaphone) for the smooth opperation and handling of the tournament.

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
First of all, I need to start sleeping the night before tournaments if photos are going to be taken, I look like ****.
Second, Chris vs Redact resulted in a 3stock but if you look closely at the picture you'll notice Chris did it with his eyes closed!

Okies I'll make this quick.

Jared: wtf lol. Didn't expect you to be THAT good. Crazy.

Deks: What can I say? You let me down man. We had teams in the bag and you bailed on me. 4th is a fair effort for a team that was disqualified. GG you were an awesome team mate with lul results.

CAO: Well, I finally beat you in a tournament. Kek.

Cobalt: MK, ahmet?? Was that a special surprise for me or am I being self-centered? Awesome matches against Chris, any 2 stock against Chris deserves enormous props. You held your own the whole time it was amazing.

Nay: lol. Suck it biatch. Pit's cheap.

X: It would be much more easier being your replacement team mate if I wasn't shaking with laughter mid match.

Finally, Shaz: Never seen a more organized Monthlie. Good job, I hope everyone cooperates like they did yesterday all the time.

Incredible turnout yesterday, I was impressed. Also there was a Sonic main there somewhere I never had the chance of meeting/vsing. From what I saw that was some badass potential.

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Okay well done all on a good job keeping the monthly good and systematic. Considering the amount of newcomers I was really surprised how well everyone followed instructions :)
KO you were supposed to get the winner to draw a card -_-...I didn't do that for my enjoyment you nong xD - namer was selected via 'lucky dip'...not to worry I'll fix this next time around ^^

Sorry to Cats for not being able to team and winzorz this time around....next time will be epic comeback special :)

Translating Redacts earlier post:
"I got outclassed coz my regular cheaps are starting to have holes, and Milly wasn't there so I rage quit, Johned and failed to be like her."
That's pretty accurate...;)

Few quick shoutish type things though I'm not blessed with mucho time atm.

Zax - let's have some more manly matches next time - where neither holds back....man you weren't even whipping out d-smash or down-b....you beat me sure but I know you're better than that still...show them skintight manliness!

X - great matches with ya bud - really enjoyed them. Good work progressing somewhat and showing us what kind of man you are. Manliness is a top tier attribute ;)

Ammeran - Congrats and good to see you again :). I'll whoop you at some point in the near future.....just need to find the time xD

Cobalt- Well done as usual bud :)

KO - Thanks plenty for your assistance and general still running of things :) Couldn't have done so well without you. Thanks also for covering my early departure n sorry about that :O. hope you enjoyed it more than lately this time around :)

Deks - Thanks for sitting on for us when we were in matches....done well actually and saved plenty of 'iffy' stuff happening....Cheers :)

New talent - Great to see you all and looking forward to watching your development in the future :)

Jamie - Good to see you rocked up...hope you can do so regularly. I'll catch up with you next time.

Couch Warriors - thanks for the warm welcome, felt pretty much part of the team immediately. Looking forward to making the most of the events as we can together :)

All - thanks for coming and to those who gave props on this months progression thanks a lot. It's not just me who makes the gears turn it's all the staff and helpers as well as of course you guys :) Keep it up and save us all from the wrath of single elim.!

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Constructive criticism - I noticed how a crapload of people left after singles was over, making teams disappointing to those who enjoy it. Plasia even arrived late, assuming he'd still in time for singles only to get owned. Although I can see the logic behind starting singles first, I can't say it was a winning solution - teams really got belted this time ~ I got 3rd with Wayne by having passing through 3 forefits. Some of the smashers preferred teams to be first because it warmed them up for singles.

Although people do indeed arrive on time if singles if first, they also leave much earlier. At least if singles was last, people would stick around for it and people are generally tardy enough to make teams turnout well.

Suntan Luigi

Smash Lord
I get to name the TVs?!?!
1) Cobalt is awesome
2)X sux
3) Hax is the way
4) Don't get grabbed
5)Cobalt is awesome

nah I don't want to name the tvs. I pass it on to Jei.

I would do shoutouts but the computer I'm using has a stuffed up Space Bar so I'll post again later.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
SEE WHAT I BRING TO THE SCENE? ITS ME THAT BROUGHT THE SONIC PLAYER
i demand praise even though he did all the winnan n stuffs

Forte4Tei

Smash Apprentice
Sorry I had to leave early guys, would have stayed longer if not for the concert (you know I wouldn't try to say otherwise xD).

What really sucks though is that I got mugged. As the person walking in front of me turned a corner, I was smacked under the neck by something metallic (obviously a smasher who uses items, sigh scrubs). The man who wielded it proceeded to search my pockets and took my wallet and ran off. I chased after him (not too fast...don't want to get hit twice) and he dropped the wallet. When I picked it up again, all my money was gone (20$ + Phil's 5$). Luckily, I didn't lose anything else and got back home safely.

That was my story about yesterday. Sad state of affairs, be careful guys! xD

~Vince.
:ohwell:

bylim5

Smash Journeyman
Sorry I had to leave early guys, would have stayed longer if not for the concert (you know I wouldn't try to say otherwise xD).

What really sucks though is that I got mugged. As the person walking in front of me turned a corner, I was smacked under the neck by something metallic (obviously a smasher who uses items, sigh scrubs). The man who wielded it proceeded to search my pockets and took my wallet and ran off. I chased after him (not too fast...don't want to get hit twice) and he dropped the wallet. When I picked it up again, all my money was gone (20$ + Phil's 5$). Luckily, I didn't lose anything else and got back home safely.

That was my story about yesterday. Sad state of affairs, be careful guys! xD

~Vince.
:ohwell:
if only i was there to protect you, like i always do.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
holy **** forte! glad you're ok, and nothing super valuable was stolen, but ****, man
;_;

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
JAMTE-fund

if Ice K and KO never get their stuff back, then i guess you can call it the JAMTEICEDKO-fund :(

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Don't worry Vince. I share your feelings - Shaz and I were mugged in Orange County. It involved real handguns and two thugs on a crime spree - and they didnt want the moolah - they wanted everything! I can still feel the coldness of the metallic gun being pressed into my neck...

Long story short, they are in for life

Dekar289

Smash Hero
never hanging around you crime magnets again!

life in prison =D

i'd think shaz would flex and they're run like hell

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
I don't really want to name the TV's either. I pass it down to...who came 4th? Dekar was it? I skip Dekar and give the naming rights to Cao, and screw you Dekar.
I'm only joking, Dekar names the TV's and "no" is not an option.

As for Forte: welcome to the fund lol. Bad luck man, it sucks. Hope your not hurt.

Someone give Dekar 20c to shut him up <3

_X_

Smash Lord
I don't really want to name the TV's either. I pass it down to...who came 4th? Dekar was it? I skip Dekar and give the naming rights to Cao, and screw you Dekar.
I'm only joking, Dekar names the TV's and "no" is not an option.

As for Forte: welcome to the fund lol. Bad luck man, it sucks. Hope your not hurt.

Someone give Dekar 20c to shut him up <3
If anyone should name the T.Vs it should clearly be X for this reason: *Reason Pending*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom