• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[VIC] Melbourne CouchWarriors 2011 - AGM News

Would you like to see a cash prize pool? (Public vote)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Devil.

Smash Journeyman
Ski Trippers:
somethings happened to my accomodation booking and i may not have the spot at bright hikers im trying to see if i can fix it now.
not good

Amaterasu

Smash Ace
Happy to hear you're ok Forte >.<
Seems as though the melb smashers are have been quite unlucky =/
Anyway, just watned to say that it was great to see the Melb ppl again, and see the changes in gameplay - I've been really impressed by the level of play here and the new talent coming into the scene :)
Anyway, late mini shout-outs since everyone else is doing them
shaz - I think you did a great job running things overall, and thx for not getting pissy at me when I asked you question after question >.<
nay - Thx for hosting me/looking after me, you're TL is really great to watch =D
cao - I didn't vs you, and I didn't want to vs you since your peach absolutely screws with my mind haha
jei - I wouldn't have a chance against your pit unless I had MK being his counterpick
cobalt - Such a patient smasher, you play in a really great unique style, and I was happy to meet and play you =)
erick - Stop stealing my lives haha, but I suppose you make up for it via absolute ownage =P Couldn't do teams without you ^^

Anyway, maybe X and dekar can name the tvs if they want (>^^)>
Edit : I just spoke to the lady at the the Bright Hikers thing, and she wanted to ask if I only wanted 2 beds (for me nad Syrick), should I go ask her about an additional one for you Devil?

Devil.

Smash Journeyman
Apparently, something in the system fails, And it all seemed so easy :( goddammit

*Chris- ive got the number and ill be calling tomorrow night, im hoping for 3 spots but worst case hopefully i can get one
fingers crossed

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
try and fix it, if you cant, we'll have to resort to the sardine system of secretly squashing people into Westwood Lodge - I sure hope it doesn't turn out that way

I will call all skitrippers tomorrow!

HOTHAM BABY!

HOTHAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
I just noticed, no one named their team....kind of makes Dekar and I look stupid with a name like 'Buttsex Parade".
Even more stupid that we came 4th because of Dekar's 'premature evacuation'...(TM?)
I'm still sore we could have gone all the way to the final lol.

Oh well either way when the Ranbats list is updated remember it's 'Jei'

<333

Dekar289

Smash Hero
bout time cw did something with all that money

yes, buy tvs
buy lots
i'm sure there is plenty of money in the bank

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
If we get an oversupply of TV's we can do a Melee tournament! Maybe you guys will start bringing more now?

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
All I know is that whilst the 5 or so TVs that are being used for Brawl... there are a hell of a lot of spectators waiting for their turn - many of them probably fans of Melee... =P

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
Cao your change of font colour blows my mind.
Lemme guess, everything you post in green is Got-Games related?

Do we even have room for so many tv's? It was so crowded yesterday.
I'm still down for a melee tourney if you guys can pull it off in the set time limit.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Yet we didn't use the other half of the bandroom. We're planning to spread the load into the back corner that we've been ignoring, next month. It won't conflict if we have lots of TV's and an integrated system, whereby those who have just finished their matches in Brawl (as it takes priority) can play their Melee matches. As long as we don't hold up Brawl in anyway, I'd see it being feasible. Melee could be badly run, but hey, if it shuts you lot up, then maybe it's worth it?

Suntan Luigi

Smash Lord
Oh yeah space problem lol
When I first walked into the venue, I thought it was huge. But the darkness deceived since I didn't notice there were mirrors so the room just got cut in half.

unknownforce

Smash Lord
Just made it back to the US. It's good to be back, but I wish I had longer to spend in Australia! The trip was a great deal of fun, and spending a few evenings with the smash community made it even better! Huge thanks to all those who took the time to come meet me again or for the first time. I only wish I lived closer so I could see you guys more often.

Australia is clearly top tier in most everything. I really hope I can somehow make a trip out again one of these days.

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Lol Redact - come and use Olimar to turn some heads k thx :)

Man Forte tough break bud.....I'd have used "I fight for my friends" combo on that guys face for you were I there "-".

KO What's going on? Suddenly I'm running two tourneys coz you like that idea? Haha my gosh...I think I can do it...but chances are single elim. will jump into play if things don't go too well. Get us enough TV's and consoles guys and I'll accomodate for a Melee tourney too. Mind you though I'm absolutely needing KO to bring his PC and be super helpful-mode for me :)

Kyle it was good to see you again and Im glad to see you had a good time :). If you do make your way down here again hopefully it's with ample time to do some cool things and hopefully get some good weather too :D

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Id have to run it by you before we can decide on it - it's not a one man decision. But it seems you're open to the idea, I can think of many ways to get it happening as long as we have the resources

Heck, Melee could even be a standalone single elim event at the Ranbats, it won't make any difference I enter Peach win mode. But I won't I'll learn Marf <3

AUGUST RANBAT FEEDBACK THREAD:
http://www.couchwarriors.org/smf/index.php?topic=2066.0

Suntan Luigi

Smash Lord
Shoutouts! lol

Chris- Close and intense matches. Your metaknight sure proved to be a fun and difficult challenge. GG

Jei- Your hax didn't work on me this time buddy. <3

Dekar- lol

Tak- Why didn't you use fox against me?

Cao- <3 I wanna play melee with you.

Shaz- How was the wedding? I bet you were the groom;). Also many thanks for hosting the tournament and things went a lot more smoother.

Ugly Man- U gimped me too many times lol

Devil- ICs are annoying characters. You should have used Wolf instead but yeah u still gimped me on that snake stage.

Redact- You're telling me to not come to the monthlies but you're the one who left like 15 minutes after the tournament began. What happened?

X- :chuckle:

Icek: :chuckle: x2

I hope I didn't forget anyone (that i played).

I won't be able to stay for doubles anymore unless we can get a 12 pm start. It takes me an hour and a half to get home and then I have school the next day. I fell asleep during Methods yesterday(monday) because of my fatigue. </3
Singles took so long! And this time we had 5 tvs without anyone playing friendlies.

Everence

Smash Apprentice
I think Redact pulled a ragequit after I beat him (sorry!). Totally enjoyed Sunday (mainly because my arse wasn't so badly kicked as last time). It'd be nice to play some of you guys outside of Ranbat, but me being down in the Peninsula isn't so great (driving 1hr+ isn't fun). But yeah, give a shout if you'd like to (think some of my details are under this profile...).

Hopefully I'll leave a bigger impression next one.

bylim5

Smash Journeyman
sorry Cobalt i couldnt be your partner maybe next time <3. Sounded like people had so much fun on Sunday and so many people too. I have to get better with ness so he can **** u all, in a non paedophillic way.
and hope all the ski guys have awesome fun, im so sad i couldnt make it but i had no choice but to bail. I wanted to practice PK freeezzzeee. aaaww

Mr. Phantasmo

Smash Journeyman
I think Redact pulled a ragequit after I beat him (sorry!). Totally enjoyed Sunday (mainly because my arse wasn't so badly kicked as last time). It'd be nice to play some of you guys outside of Ranbat, but me being down in the Peninsula isn't so great (driving 1hr+ isn't fun). But yeah, give a shout if you'd like to (think some of my details are under this profile...).

Hopefully I'll leave a bigger impression next one.
*Ahem* you are not alone. Living so far away dose suck but you only live 15 minutes away from me (I'm in Somerville). I wish I saw you on Sunday, I would have aske for a friendly.

TakFR

Smash Lord
NNID
TakAE86
does someone have a spare memory card i can buy off them for 3-5 dollars. or donate?
for gamecube right?
If so then I have a spare one :)

Wow Forte got mugged? Sorry to hear that man

X: So that's why we were in the finals i thought i left when we were in them, then i would have felt bad

Jei and X team next monthly?

Cobolt: I didn't vs Fox because I wanted to expand my character usage too bad my Sonic sucks badly

Devil.

Smash Journeyman
Notice to ski trippers:
I fixed my accommodation so its all fine now.
Also Cao let me know whats going on with getting to your place either through email ecko159@hotmail.com or smsing me on 0400.929.866.
HOTHAM HERE WE COME!

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I'll call you soon Jack. Do you have a spare seat in your car? Sis' friend wants ride

Anyways, the plan is to meet at my address at 5.30am SATURDAY MORNING SHARP
Address is 4 George Street, East Melbourne 3002 (Google map this if you want to know how to get there, use Hoddle Street)
Then we go pick up the Sydneysiders in St. Kilda since they have difficulty with their bearings :)

anyone who missed out on this nights outings... missed out... sorely...

Devil.

Smash Journeyman
Awesome, I'll be there bright and early.
I think i'll have 1 free spot with Chris and Syrick in my car so should be fine. :)

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
Can we get a list of who is in whose car? Also, will anyone be bringing Wii's? Should I bring mine?

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Someone organise the Wii, I will organise the marshmellows and bonfire when we get there

Car:
Nancy's Car:
- Nancy
- Cao
- Fork
- Jontz

Blazey's Van
- Blazey
- Blazey's sister
- Sam
- Syrick

Devil's Car:
- Devil and his 2/3 friends

- Ammeren can pick his car of choice

TakFR

Smash Lord
NNID
TakAE86
Might be orginising a smash meet tommorow if I am allowed and people will end up going.
someone remind me on msn if they are interested cause i'll probably forget :dizzy:

Devil.

Smash Journeyman
Turns out only one of my mates was able to make it so i have extra room in my car.
How many seats is the van Blazey?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom