• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[VIC] Melbourne CouchWarriors 2011 - AGM News

Would you like to see a cash prize pool? (Public vote)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Timic83

Smash Ace
Moorabbin/Hampton East, Melbourne, Australia
shootoots

larry: boy that were some fun friendlies, glad to be beating at elast someone
splice: ty for the help in making me suck less at brawl
milton: the usual
jei: thanks for the friendlies, you dont get better unless your getting your *** kicked
cao: thanks for organising
everyone: thanks for being awesome

Amaterasu

Smash Ace
Some shoutouts (>^^)>

Even though the smoke was silently driving me insane,the smash more than made up for it =) It was great to see melee and brawl both being played throughout the day, and even though it wasn't a massive tourney, it seemed pretty much everyone there really knew what they were doing! So yeah, that was a real great thing to see =)

Atilla We had some pretty intense matches throughout the day! Everytime I play you I feel like I'm being ***** even if I'm winning >.< Your snake and ICs are just amazing to play against, and they really push me to my limits which is testament to your skill in brawl. Even though you thought that your ICs got *****, if you did manage to grab me I would have been screwed lol. Anyway congratz on 2nd place and if I don't see you before you head off to Japan, hope you have a great time there! (Eat yakisoba everyday, it's too good)

Splice We had a really challening set of matches, and I'd say your GaW is one the best I've versed, the way you played was really impressive and I can see why you ***** me the first game by 2 stock. Anyway, it was great to see such a mature approach to gameplay, and I'm sure in the future you'll come back with a vengeance!

Earl Stressful matches Earl! I honestly think some aspects to your MK play outplays mine, and watching your matches thoughout the tourney, I was really impressed by your MK =) I'm glad you enjoyed our dittos and congratz on 3rd place

Cao You didn't come watch Bryan hyperventilate and repeat madly to himself "I don't now what to do, I don't know what to do" after the tourney! I can only assume it was because you were owning in melee teams =) Anyway, in brawl, as usual your peach plays with my mind so much, and makes me more scared of peach than most top tier characters >.< And also, you have my thanks as always for running great, smooth tourneys!

Tibor We didn't get to play our usual brawl epic games, but I'm sure we'll get in many games in the future, so no rush. Your Dr.Mario is melee is pretty **** lol...But yeah, your spacing and punish game in melee is something that is really impressive, I really enjoy our games in whatever smash games!

Emily I don't think I have met anyone recently who could shut me down as easily as you did! While you said your tech skill isn't up to scratch, you still dominated the majority of the melee tourney and I can see why. Hopefully I can present a greater challenge next time we play!

Bryan Yes, we have broken the 9 year curse finally. We can actually team...I don't know how it happened, but it is nothing short of a miracle! Btw, science underpins everything, just admit that you are too lazy to find out the truth <3

Anyway, I think that covers most of the people I played. But yeah overall, the skill of people in both games shows me that Melb is definetely one of the top places for smash!

P.S at swordsaint: Yeah, my gamer tag is Amaterasu(Used to be Ammeren) but everyone calls me Chris <3

kupo

Smash Lord
melee teams

1st cao and FERI

ggs <3
LOL! I hope this is true What the f*ck happened to dekar's amazing team? Guess Ferri is just amazing and possibly with Phil's coaching, the team won! Ferri is just 2g! D:!

2nd em(2k?)
Umm...

No! (lol)

Shout Outs in no particular order~
Cao: For just being amazing. I really dont know how i ended up beating you in winners and losers. As for my excuses, it just didnt feel satisfying. I mean, i remember getting two stocked by your peach and thought "sh*t, better lift my game" and "im getting outplayed sooo much". No offense but it just didnt feel like you tried :|. But theres always next month for more matches. GG though!

Sam: What can i say? LOL. It's ok Sam, we all love you.

Dekar: Really good games we played. I'll attempt to find my way around to getting your jiggly/marth. I'll try the same strat as i did with cao and muster my powers to defeat you! (lol half @ssed but ok) We're gonna **** at Rocky :D <Cuties Only>

Chris: Oh Hail King of Brawl! Though i never did play you in brawl, but i know id get 3 stocked. I really enjoyed watching your final match against Antilla. I've yet to still see you be beaten! (Tib$ said he could, but lets see eh!). As for Melee, hey things come in time. Just more practice and you'll be one of the toughest players out there to play against. Your young link is scary good. I would have been beaten! :O! If you ever want more practice I can hop over and play :D

Tib$: Good Doc. Good to see a variety in characters and friendly matches we played. I wish shaz was still around and he could teach you a thing or two. I look forward to playing you more next month (or before) :D!

4tei: For just being Fortei :D

Phil: For just being Phill (and amazing)

Plasia: Better beast in BAM! Or dont come home!

Tak: Crazy hair and good fox. Good improvement! :D

Jei: Not quite like Ryan but you're getting there! I thought i was really going to get2 stocked or something by your yoshi. Good rests too :D

Apologies if I've forgotten anyone but I'm just going through as i remember and typing :D.

GG's to all!

Cuties to take teams! <3

LarryLD

Smash Cadet
Had some awesome fun despite bombing out of melee singles in two matches, god **** Yoshi Mainers.

Was a pretty special meet though, with the unavailing of the new AT and all.

You guy's practice up on the those LD's and I'll grade you all at Rocky.

Also, what's the deal with those crazy moves some of you do on the ground? like where you move without walking? its almost like you can slide along the ground, ahh well it was probably just some glitch so don't worry about it.

Splice

Smash Hero
Shoutouts:

Khoa: You played very well against Attila, your Falco is improving. It's always good to see you ^_^

Afro: Sorry for getting annoyed in our games. MK limits a bit of GaWs options and with you knowing what I do anyway I just get totally shut down --> frustration --> lose. >.> ... Thanks for coming with me to my tournament, next time hopefully we won't have to leave so early, coz i wanted to play Melee!! V.V

Amaterasu: Hey isn't Amaterasu the name of that dog from Okami? Hmm... Good games, I could tell that I was in trouble for the second match because I knew you were already figuring stuff out. I have gotten into the habit of spamming Dair again recently after it worked too well against Scoot and haven't had time to practice it out of me haha, I was sort of experimenting with the ban and cp, but have decided Battlefield is not actually a good CP for a Meta Knight haha! I wanted to get in more friendlies against your Pika and Yoshi, but i only had time to cop some MK **** :( Was fun but, think I could've learnt more from you though.

Gary: You play under your skill level sometimes, I think you choke in tournaments. Pity you still haven't risen above the 9th mark yet, you deserve to.

Condog: Amazing Job outplaying Ledge man, and even against Afropony you did a great job. Your Kirby is getting stronger and more consistent in play, and i see you are thinking a lot more as you play now, and it is paying off! I feel proud beating your GaW with My Kirby haha, was a challenge! ^_^ Good Work.

Dekar: I let you down :( I am sorry. Will train harder! :bee:

CAOTIC: You're really nice ^_^ The tournament turned out to run really smoothly, and thanks for guiding me when i needed to pay for Rocky. I haven't played you yet, something i need to do! Hacky Sack was lolz.

Attila: Same for you! I haven't played your Snake yet, and i think it would improve my GaW amazingly if next tourney I just had like a LOT of friendlies with you. !!!! Good job on Second, your IC's CG's look more amazing than the Americans when they do it, you waste absolutely no time and just do them really fast it looks like a spasm lol!!

Timic: I'm always happy to help! Your Marth is good like your Wario but you need to ShortHop airials more, and with Wario against me in the tourney you needed to have more airial control and airdodge better, you just DI'd into a Fair one time without a spotdodge heh. GG's, improving all the time!

Jei: On our first match, how good was my final stock? Best i played all day haha, I can't believe i came back from that. Thankyou for getting me into my game, your MK has gotten better at punishing me when I'm slow and it forces me to be careful.

That was a really fun tournament, hopefully i can attend the Melee events next time too! ... ... I spent $47! OMG.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Thanks for everyone's support. Both games ran harmoniously and my start-time mind-games worked <3. Combined turnout of 30+, Brawl had about 28 people, Melee 20. To to get some news out of the way, there will be no CouchWarriors tournament in October - because there will be ROCKY. BE PREPARED:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bWe6f9uR7qk&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bWe6f9uR7qk&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

A combined $200 pot was nice. Win some next time Splice-bro! The results will be up when Sam wakes up.

Earl - Music/interwebs/chillout space confrimed for Rocky.
Vermy - Good games, I got to test my Flaco.
Chris - I couldn't go because after I went to the Dessert House (now a CW institution after tournaments), I got all fat and sleepy. Usually I'd love to watch Bryan squeal, but there will always be a next time :p
Jei - Yoshi looked pretty pro today. More Melee!
Splice - I need to L2hackeysack. I do want to play you at some point: GAW vs. Peach seems interesting
Tibs - nawwwwww, <3
Bryan - wubwubwubwub
Attila - A rest that sets you on fire and sends you flying > a rest that puts a flower on your head and does nothing, hahahaha <3
Emily - I CANT BEAT HER DAMMIT!!!! (4.41): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBuWX_vUIfU
Sam - Love you getting ***** in everything. Even MBAA
Larry - Progress! I see it!
Tak - Foxywoxy's getting cuteder!
Forte - Get some sleep!
Redcat - LOLWUT

Anyone who missed the teams finals missed out on possibly the greatest teams set in Melbourne history. DEKAR APPROACHES WITH REST WTF. And somehow everyone still got shut down by a player that's never played Smash properly before.
Feri: "What's a stitchface?"
Feri: "Teach me how to edgeguard, I'm too scared to grab the ledge"
Feri: "Oh whoops I pressed pressed down-b instead of up-b..."

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
wow. i havent been that badly ***** by a mk in a while. gg chris. although i did work something out... you never gimp me in friendlies, giving me a chance to win. i was completely covered by your mk, gives me no time to think and play the way i wanna play... i suppose ill camp more next time *sigh*

ice climbers now killing diddys and mks. gg everybody ;)

ill do shoutouts at some point soon...

Vermy

Smash Champion
Note to self: stop using pokemon change when the opponent is still on stage. -_-

Cao: Playing Brawl Marf like Melee Marf. Soooo many tipper bairs, wtf. GG.
Chris: Good to see you again, we still need PT diddos ^_^
Bryan: <3
Condog: Congrats on 7th. Training paid off. =D
Tak: holy sheet how did we do that well in SF3 Teams?! We're awesome.
Splice: Fox utilt. (Y)
Micheal: Not a bad Wolf. Good use of the reflector stun, really threw me off. Hope you and your mates come to Stigma-B this month. =)
Milton: Read up in T link boards on how to use projectiles effectively. And vs Snake, you need to be patient, or you'll Dair a grenade...twice.

tibs7

Smash Champion
shoutouts to ma boyzz

Christopher woo: always good to have you back where you belong here in melbourne ;P, yeah i wanna verse you in brawl, gg's in melee i love versing foxs, nice weight to combo lol. yeah will see you at rocky.

Bryan: finally saw you =) so happy i was =) =)=) come to stigma aswell =) yeah ive surpassed you in melee now hehehehe.

Dekar(my sexy teammate): good shiz son pretty sure you got like 90% of KO's every match woo. always lots of fun to play with and against.

Redcat: owned me in singles =( i have to figure out how to play you by rocky and then ill win rocky somehow

Em: loved playing friendlies with you even though you ***** me in like every match cept the fox one ;P. yeah i wanna play you again soon =)

Tak: thanks for helping me sf4, i so shoulda won that haha. aw well next time.

Jei: good bloke, yoshi spike me like every time i dont know why it works on me.......... ;_;

Feri: bahaha peach was like floating for ages bro, good shiz though to stay alive wel done, and was nice to meet you =)

afro: so you maining mk now? sucked in buddy haha. yeah was close cept i know how to play you now

earl: yeahhh **** mk tbh i was like mehh with brawl but next time expect to camped like the whole match hehe good matches though ;)

thanks for the meet cw good times

Dekar289

Smash Hero
sh-sh-shoutouts:

tibs: nobody has gotten so good so fast like you <3 especially not your bro, what's up with him huh? lol

chris: <3 still the brawl king

bryan: <3 still the squeal king

em: GGs, you roll heaps more against me ey, watching you **** cao it's like a totally different em, just a mindset thing imo <3 cuties only for rocky =) also holy crap i never seen that vid cao posted before, tooooo good

cao: only you could pull that **** with feri lol

sam: <3 still the green greens king

cao: i will learns difference between green greens and dreamland 64 for rocky, imo it cost me and tibs victory! =p

earl: bl on the day, tired johns bro

plasia: aww almost beat jei, i'll always root for you anyway (root as in barrack/support you sick ****)

splice: i never seen chris get 2 stocked before, you were beaten by the best in the end

mikul: you SD at the worst moments =( also bl on atticus not showing, would have been a powerful team

tosh: gj in teams, you are u13 really worked well together ey, could have clearly beaten bryan/chris if you'd pulled it together too imo

tak: no touching my puff this time, i was havin a ball yesterday (i counted 17 double rests lol) (not really) =D

jei: JEI, UNLUCKY 13, THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE. ROCKY HYPE HYPE HYPE

redact: nice idea to put feri with cao IDIOT

TakFR

Smash Lord
NNID
TakAE86
Shoutouts

Jei: teamate wub <3

Redact: Wow I knew you were good at blazblue but a top 4 finish is amazing, just don't become obsessed to the point where you can't play melee k?

Em: I see what you did, be all like "I'm just going to have fun cause i'm so bad now blah blah blah" then come and **** us =P

Tibs: Quote for SF4 "How do I use the yellow stuff" XD, your doc is so pro good to hear you've ditched brawl and are playing the better game <3

Cao: Once again i can't touch your peach, but matches were still lol <3

Chris: Yay for having our traditional fox ditto, they have to be the funnest and best matches, I look forward to another at Rocky =D

Vermy: wowowowowowow SF3, just a bit of advice though, you seem to only use the same two combos mix it up a bit yeah?

Atticus: Was there in spirit <3

Splice

Smash Hero
yeah luke in Okami Amaterasu is the sun god. And i think the dog is the sun god or something, I want the game but don't have it.

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
Yer except it's spelt (and always has been) Amaterasu. People always seem to add the T before the S...trying to be all Japanese sounding and shiz lol.

But yer the name means sun goddess or according to wiki: "(that which) illuminates heaven"
Luke is pro.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I didn't run OC3 - that's why it sucked! I have a plethora of raw OC2 stuff though :)

Toshi

Smash Journeyman
Shoutouts:

Unlucky XIII: Thanks for teaming with me. We totally rocked, despite killing each other and repeatedly saying sorry lol. Rofl at our Superduper Yoshi egg (light?)shield projectile team edgeguard on Chris.
Larry: You're definitely getting better. Thanks for the friendlies =D
Mikul: Wowzers, your falcon's a beast. Ganon and G&W is soo good. You own at tech chasing and pressuring.
Redact: Lol, falco dittos are always enjoyable (even when I'm getting *****). And so are Red Arc dittos (even when I'm getting *****). Thanks for the advice!
Nicks: Ohmigosh, Wario dittos... They make my head hurt lol. Your Metaknight just shutdown my Diddy and gimped my Wario to hell and back. Such a good player.
Milton: I reckon if you worked on your mindgames, you'll be owning everyone. Also, Snake's grenades > Tink's bombs lol. Fun matches =D
Dekar: Waah, your Marth makes my Fox sad. I must learn from you. You're so pro.
Tibs: Oh man, that Dr Mario... It is so nasty. I never knew how pills can dish out some serious pain (pun not intended). Lol at our brawl matches too. Owned me on my counterpick (Rainbow Ride too)! Pro status at Melee and Brawl.
Afropony: Too bad we couldn't get a few 1v1 friendlies. I was kinda looking forward to it. Fun team matches lol.
Splice: Dayum, so pro. Good thing I avoided you in the Brawl brackets lol.

Everyone else: Thank you!

Off to Brawl!

bylim5

Smash Journeyman
I remember the [melb] smash youtube page that i saw early last yr when i was lurking these threads before. Needs to be updated.

Also same with Smashwiki. Need to add new talent to those entries.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I think a video archive of Australian Smash (2002 - 2009) would be awesome. New pet project?

RESULTS!

Melee Singles:
• 1: Dekar
• 2: Emily
• 3: CAOTIC
• 4: Redact
• 5: Mikul
• 5: Tak
• 7: Tib$
• 7: Jei
• 9: Forte
• 9: Amaterasu
• 9: Attila
• 9: UnluckyXIII
• 13: Myst
• 13: Wayne
• 13: Plasia
• 13: Bryan
• 17: Toshiba
• 17: Timic
• 17: Milton
• 17: Larry
• 17: Ledge

Melee Teams:
• 1: cuuuute (Cao and Feri)
• 2: Team B1G ***** (Tibs and Dekar)
• 3: TJ (Tak and Jei)
• 4: Pinky and the Brain (Bryan and Chris)
• 5: Cold Showers (U13 and Toshiba)
• 5: BoyPower (Redact and Larry)
• 7: Ledge Hoggers (Atlas and Ledge)
• 7: sam weew (Sam and Attila)
• 9: Space men (Mikul and Forte)
• 9: MILTO (mILTON AND tIMIC)

Brawl Singles:
1. Amaterasu
2. Attila
3. Earl
4. Afropony
5. Tibs
5. Splice
7. Jei
7. Condog
9. Nicks
9. Khoa
9. CAOTIC
9. Ledge
13. Toshi
13. Borgieman
13. Vermy
13. Atlas
17. Milton
17. Wing
17. Nicola
17. Michael
17. Bryan
17. Timic
17. Sam

Dekar289

Smash Hero
are there vids of cats pika and shaz's roy ******? they were sooo much better than we are now imo
we all were lol

Vermy

Smash Champion
1. Amaterasu (MK/Snake 1 match)
2. Attila (ICs/Snake)
3. Earl (MK/Link)
4. Afropony (Pit/MK)
5. Tibs (Diddy/Pikachu)
5. Splice (G&W)
7. Jei (MK/Pit)
7. Condog (Kirby)
9. Nicks (Wario/MK)
9. Khoa (Diddy/D3/MK)
9. CAOTIC (Falco/Marth/Peach
9. Ledge (Olimar/Lucario)

don't think i missed anybody.
hope i halped Shaya-kun. ^.^

Afropony

Smash Lord
Pretty sure this is it, not sure about Tibs and Chris with Pika.

1. Amaterasu (mk, Pika?)
2. Attila (Snake, IC's)
3. Earl (mk)
4. Afropony (mk, Pit)
5. Tibs (Diddy, Pika?)
5. Splice (G&W)
7. Jei (Pit)
7. Condog (Kirby)

EDIT: Oh, Vermy beat me by 2 mins lol.
Do we include the people who place 9th?

Amaterasu

Smash Ace
-I used mk for every match except for one in my first game against Wing which I used snake if that helps
-I'll try to use pika more in melb tourneys in the future though >.<

tibs7

Smash Champion
=O chris where was the pikachu love? we will make him s tier on the aus ranking list =)

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
Don't include MK under my name, I used him once and lost. Jiggs deserves a mention as I beat Nicks with her. MK will only be used for G&W (so far with a 0% success rate) so he should never be considered a character of mine.

Splice

Smash Hero
You'll always be a MK main in my eyes Jei ;)

Afro's list is correct except I think you could put Amaterasu down as only MK, the match he used Snake in he could've won with MK. But i think chris can be the judge of that...?

So many letter A's at the top... Broken.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
1. Amaterasu (Meta Knight)
2. Attila (Snake, Ice Climbers)
3. Earl (Meta Knight)
4. Afropony (Pit, Meta Knight)
5. Tibs (Diddy, Pikachu)
5. Splice (Mr. Game and Watch)
7. Jei (Pit)