• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[VIC] Melbourne CouchWarriors 2011 - AGM News

Would you like to see a cash prize pool? (Public vote)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Speaking of which I wont be able to drop you guys back - returning to GF's place afterwards sorry.
I would suggest you all travel to the train station in a group however.
As for Noble Park station - you could always call up a taxi to meet you there and minimise vulnerability.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Thanks Shaz for good hosting ~

Ranbat XVII Results:

SSBB S Results:
1: Cobalt
2: Dekar
3: Jei
4: Redact
5: Tak
5: Everence
7: Nay
7: That Black Guy (Ice K)
9: Devil
9: X
9: CATS
9: CAOTIC
13: Wayne
13: Nick
13: ZTV
13: Shaz
17: Paladinight
17: Shana
17: TBL
17: Ugly
17: Vermy
17: Shadowknight
17: Tabolt
17: Mikul
25: Sinza
25: Shane
25: Simon
25: Admeister
25: Dean
25: Kthnx
25: ASG
25: CSG

SSBB T Results:
1: Cobaltique (Cobalt&KO)
2: PonySemen (Dekar&Redact)
3: DevilNayCry (Nay&Devil)
4: ForteGotRolled!1!!! (X&Jei)
5: Yankutku (Cats&Shaz)
5: KickAssTryHards (Bryan&Wayne)
7: ChaosNight (PaladinKnight&Chaos)
7: AwesomeTeam (Forte&Tak)
9: A&D (Admeister&Dean)
9: LoserOrSomething(EmSux) (PLasia&Em)
9: Red&Black (IceK&Everence)
9: PotPlantLobster (Ugly&Vermus)
13: Joe&Reeve (Shadownight%Shana)
13: WeMaySuck (Mikul&Sinza)
13: Sigma (Kthnx&TBL)

Melee S Results:
1: CAOTIC
2: Cobalt
3: Shaz
3: Redact
5: Bryan
5: Mikul
5: Ice K
5: Dekar
9: Tak
9: Jei
9: Forte
9: X
9: Ugly
9: Devil
9: ZTV
9: Vermy
17: Wayne

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
The next tournament will only be 3 weeks away from now! Loki is getting married so he's pulled forward the October Ranbat a week and with the absence of Jei Erick and Nay in JP, there will be free points for everyone - there is a tournament at manifest happening this saturday morning, come say hi

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Wow...Jared fluxed me up in winners, KO fluxed me up in losers and Cobalt fluxed me up in Melee....overall it was just one of those days where u get trampled xD.

Overall things weren't bad. Sadly I arrived later than I should have and didn't get time to properly organise in the beginning. That said however i was far from being the only later arrival. We all have to make an effort to show up on time to help have things run as smoothly as possible for the future :).

That said, there were several problems with people not paying close attention to their matches and calls.

-A good deal of this came from those playing rock-band. I wont name names, but several of you really tried my patience this month. Please keep in mind there are many people I have to coordinate, and I have a limitation on how loudly and how many times I can yell.
-Please refrain from going ahead with matches on your own before they're called. While I understand this is done with the best intentions, many matches are being held up due to waiting for players. I will strive to do my best to call up players systematically to play matches in an order that will least hinder progression....nothing worse than sitting back watching everything go to chaos as nothing can progress in any tourney all due to waiting on one person who's chosen of their own accord to play the least strategic and most time consuming matches first...so please all keep this in mind.

On the plus side

Many TV's were supplied - and in addition to the CW TV's there actually turned out to be an excess of TV's...I hope this continues into the future.
Skill levels are on the up and up. Keep it up all well done :)
Welcome to new people - hope to see stick around and with any luck you enjoyed yourselves this month.
As Jei and Shaz and K.Rool know, real men wear green.

Suntan Luigi

Smash Lord
Representin' Noble Park! Now everyone has to move there. It's a great place to live. Very safe and no imports.

cao- i dun know how we managed in teams even though we got knocked into losers bracket first round. <3

Edit: imo falco is better than snake and metaknight

Commander Snake

Smash Cadet
Edit: imo falco is better than snake and metaknight
That's because when you use him, he becomes super cheap. If you can't grab then you're screwed but yeah, you're cheap with Falco.

Shaya said:
Prove me wrong. Fly up to Sydney and try your luck with every character in the game except Meta himself.
Meh, he's still good with Falco and Snake.

EDIT:Who else thinks that Paladinight looks funny in the 2nd last photo. (see pg. 267, 2nd last post, 2nd last photo, person on right)

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
i morally came first in every competition, including guilty gear
also cobalt, we lost because dekar decided he didn't want to win, and killed himself more than the bad guys
last round was on dekars best stage too, big blue, but still got 0 kills since his will to lose was so strong
ps: im typing this on an abacus

_X_

Smash Lord
That's because when you use him, he becomes super cheap. If you can't grab then you're screwed but yeah, you're cheap with Falco.
Not that I'm in Cobalts fan club (Well ... >_>)

But he's just really, really good at this game.

People might not link him because he uses the 'best' characters, but he's still really good.

And I lol at Mr. Snake with his, 'your cheap Johns'. If you don't like how Cobolt plays then never play IceK. Ever. A win is a win, 'cheap' or other wise (EVEN IF YOUR BACK THROWN BY DK GHERAERSRHSFGLK"NSDGK!!!!!1111!!!ELEVEN!!!).

Everence

Smash Apprentice
pfft, you use snake. as if you can call cheapness at anyone (i use snake too and i know he's broken).

and falco's game is alot more than just grabbing. it only works till a certain percent on most characters anyway.

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
ATTN Cobalt: If you're planning on vsing me in the GotGames ladder, are you able to wait until after I come back from QLD? Wifi sucks and it's even worse at Chris' house due to enormous lag.

Suntan Luigi

Smash Lord
im in no rush. in fact i might not vs u at all cuz im really lazy atm. when im really lazy i use cheap characters that look fat and lazy like ddd.maybe some other time aka ur safe for now...

shaya- go away stop posting in the melbourne thread. :)

dekar- gimme sunshine

commanda snake- imagine replacing falcos lazers with snakes nikitas. shd nikita. thats how cheap my falco is.

Suntan Luigi

Smash Lord
A friend of mine taught me a neat trick that allows you to win at any game you want. Let's see who can figure out that trick.

Edit: Can someone tell me more about this manafest thing this weekend? I've never been to one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom