• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[VIC] Melbourne CouchWarriors 2011 - AGM News

Would you like to see a cash prize pool? (Public vote)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
Jigglypuff is one of the characters that can have a fair chance against MK so don't lol at the thought.
A Jiggly / MK matchup would be fought in the air, no doubt. Considering that Jiggly is a crazy mofo in the air then all it is is a spacing and timing game on Jigglypuff's part.

I haven't played Boozer in ages though, I gotta give him some love.

Also Redact I've accepted your challenge for Sunday so "you are on the way to destruction, you have no chance to survive make your time" and all that sh*t. Lub

Paladinight

Smash Apprentice
Over there! no, no, the one on the left or is it t
hey yo back from camp, god i missed brawl, anyways what is this group called tekkaz or something, my friends say only like the best people get in or something like that iono what they are talking about but it sounds pretty weird to me.

Anyways yeah iono i think mk is getting too much credit really all you gotta do is either outrange him or outsmart him, but i don't know because i haven't fought a good mk so yeah.

Everence

Smash Apprentice
Suntan_Luigi: On Sunday morning, we'll practice a little with MK. Pit is also a kind of weakness so I gotta practice against him as well.

Everence/Everyone else: Come on though. There has got to be a way around MK. Even with Jigglypuff (lol at the thought). Anyways, so fair enough, the rocket launcher might be slow on snake but he's fsmash doesn't work to bad. I've never tried it in multiplayer brawl but if they react slow enough, fsmash might work. MK is just hard because he has a really good recovery, cheap neutral special and he's speed isn't too bad. Also, he's drive (forward) spin attack isn't too bad. It's controllable but then again, a lot of forward specials are. MK just doesn't have as many or the same weaknesses as the other characters. Bowser for example. He's around bottom tier because of the lack of speed and he's specials aren't that good. John Cena could do better. Bowser has strength but not speed. So MK is a bit like a mixture of Snake and Pit. I'd gor far enough to say that he's nearly as strong (in terms of damage) as Bowser. Yeah, I'd like to verse a really good MK user. Might get my backside handed to me but it'll be a good experience.
of course there's a way around MK. that's why he's not banned here.
snake's forward smash on MK? you do know that his fsmash is one of the slowest smash attacks in the game right? unlikely that it will hit unless the MK player has the reflexes of a sloth. good luck with that. really.

Yeah, I'd like to verse a really good MK user. Might get my backside handed to me but it'll be a good experience.
only might? if your dad's MK is able to get hit by the nikita whilst recovering then you've only briefly brushed MK. you will most likely get beaten.

oh, and on chris' photo. you need to show the ftilt one also :p

Commander Snake

Smash Cadet
What about Sonic? He's USmash might be able to do something to MK. Not sure, I tried it out in training with MK on attack. Not sure how it'll work in a multiplayer Brawl but it does give Sonic a little boost against MK. MK just has awesome recovery techniques. He's USpecial, Jump/Fly, DSpecial are all good for recovery. Those are the only factors giving him a chance aginst Sonic. Especially the fact that MK's jump is a fly. Oh well, it could just be that Italians are being sore losers. I mean, aht's extreme. There are like, 2 not so bad combos to counter MK and like another 32 that could take him but probably won't.

Sunaipa

Smash Rookie
What about Sonic? He's USmash might be able to do something to MK. Not sure, I tried it out in training with MK on attack. Not sure how it'll work in a multiplayer Brawl but it does give Sonic a little boost against MK. MK just has awesome recovery techniques. He's USpecial, Jump/Fly, DSpecial are all good for recovery. Those are the only factors giving him a chance aginst Sonic. Especially the fact that MK's jump is a fly. Oh well, it could just be that Italians are being sore losers. I mean, aht's extreme. There are like, 2 not so bad combos to counter MK and like another 32 that could take him but probably won't.
lolwut? Have you even played a MK player?

ZTV

Smash Apprentice
i don't like PAL melee for some reason. oh and is it true that u can meteor cancel marth dair in PAL melee?
Yeah. There're only two (I think) proper spike meteors that can't be cancelled. Falco's dair is one, even if it was nerfed a bit.

Also scratch the TV plan, I can still bring the rest though.

Suntan Luigi

Smash Lord
Anyone wanna buy my remaining Brawl I won from the connection tour for $70?

Bryan- If you don't come, everyone will be very sad. Also if you want you can burrow both Golden Sun games from Atticus if he lets you.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
MELEE SIGNUPS (16 PLAYER CAP):
1. CAOTIC
2. Dekar
3. Cronos Rainbow
4. Cobalt
5. Tak
6. Jei
7. Mikul
8. X
9. Devil
10. Ice K
11. Forte
12. Atticus
13. Redact
14. Bryan
15. ZTV
16. ZTV's friend

Positions are filled, if someone on the list doesn't turn up someone else can replace them on request

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
I can only go Saturday afternoonish because I'm having my b'day dinner with family on Friday night...
even though Friday night would be better because I'll already be in the city when I finish work..
dammit
when is best for everyone else?

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
A final message for tomorrow's tournament

Remember everyone is welcome! New or old to the scene.

The John Curtin Bandroom opens at exactly 2.00pm. When you walk up the stairs from the bar you will be greeted by the staff for entry fee payment and registrations.

If you have any large equipment to bring, such as a television, you're free to drop in the bandroom at 1.30pm through the rear entrance to help us set up and get some friendlies in with the tournament organisers.

Regular players are reminded to bring all necessary equipment where possible for the smooth operation of the event. To those who bring equipment, please ensure your belongings are kept safe - they can be left behind the desk where the computer is stationed if requested.

Jam-Fund donations are still taking place - we've got over $200 now ~ thanks to everyone.

Don't forget your controllers.

If you need any questions answered directly or get lost, you can contact me on 0466.352.145

TakFR

Smash Lord
NNID
TakAE86
nooo i've bought one already =( it has 120 blocks, i think thats enough for 2 gc games, i dont get it anyway. this **** new 2001 technology! lol.
that's good because my memory card data become corrupted (including melee =() so i made need the backup one

Paladinight

Smash Apprentice
Over there! no, no, the one on the left or is it t
hey guys i know this is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much to ask... but would anyone be able to take me and a friend to my house? because i really want to stay for the whole thing but my parents are in panic attack about being out in the streets that late in that neighbourhood, so if someone can take us i will love you like a brother

Everence

Smash Apprentice
and so they should be panicky, forte got mugged last time if i remember correctly. it'd be best if you let people know whereabouts you live so they can put a hand up if they can take you back.

Commander Snake

Smash Cadet
Ya, Ahmet and I are probs gonna need a ride as well. Noble Station, all these kids and teens on crack, you get the idea. Not a pretty place. Especially if you're going to be taking your Wii around with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom