• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[VIC] Melbourne CouchWarriors 2011 - AGM News

Would you like to see a cash prize pool? (Public vote)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Marth's cheap. I can win most matches using the Analogue and C-sticks alone.
Bair
U-smash
also very cheap moves.
He has the easy mode of counters also.

Point is stop b!tchin and learn some real characters like Ike or DK ;)

CATS

Smash Journeyman
marth is too good, people that say he's crap obviously just abuse snakes grenades ;3

manifest is an anime convention that has a cost to enter and runs from fri through to sun. places are limited so it's possible that if you try enter later in the day that you might not be able to get a spot. there's anime screenings going on and a bunch of other stuff too and video games freeplay going for most the day.

the tournament for brawl will be n00bed up with items and 4 player FFA but should still be fun, and it begins 10:30am on sat although if you manage to register in 30 mins you'll be lucky most likely ;3

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
LOL the noobest of noobs has no idea what they're talking about - 98% of smash scene doesn't.
That said, you have as much right to talk ****e as anyone...so go for your life xD!!

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
I LIKE IT HOW NO ONE SAYS I'M CHEAP (apart from mikul)
I WIN TOURNEYS USING SPOT DODGE+GRAB-> DTHROW, WRINSE REPEAT
ADD IN SOME C-STICK, AND YOU'LL BE ON TOP OF THE LADDER IN NO TIME

ps: castle crashers is kinda cool

Mr. Phantasmo

Smash Journeyman
Me coming to this one !. Everence carpool with me to Shaz's ?(by the way Shaz can I catch up with you befor the tournie ?) and we can man it up there if you want lol.

Do you guys still want my TV ?, I'm more than happy to bring it again as long as someone helps me get it up the stairs again please.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
yah, thanks snake, that's probably mine
or tak's
we're both missing our melees

i'll swap you for sunshine

my birthday october 6, prob do something that weekend, like melee tourney at atticus' house lol

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Adam, we had a TV surplus last month, so if you bring yours and we have enough again, we can set up your TV to screen Survivor Gabon Eps. 1-3 while the tourney is running

Dekar289

Smash Hero
1 to 3? wut? triple ep special? edit: oh wait ic

i'll nag people to bring extra wiis so we can get tourneys done asap
and melee double elim ;)

Suntan Luigi

Smash Lord
Next month I'm only gonna stay for singles. Getting home late with school the day next is like what cool kids would do. I'm not cool yet since redact keeps banning me from coming to the monthlies.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
yeah i'll prob do the same, no point entering teams or melee if i just have to forfeit and go home

knightzy

Smash Journeyman
I would come up to melbourne for tourinies each month but i dont get bloody 50 dollers to catch the train thats how much it will cost because i would bring a wii and a tele+im in the south west and would stay the night if i came up but maybe in the next couple of years i will come unless i get a job is it worth a zss main like me to come?

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
yeah, it's worth it

hey guys, i'm setting up smash at melbourne university tomorrow late arvo, perhaps you can meet me there, then head to my place for some smash ~ ill be up for hosting tomorrow night if you want

Devil.

Smash Journeyman
awesome sounds good, give me a message tomorrow to let me know. Should be no problem to meet a melb uni since i work around the corner.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Manifest rules courtesy of CATS' ingenuity:

Saturday
Morning - Super Smash Bros Brawl
Time: 10.30am - 2pm
R1+R2 - 4 MAN FFA, ALL ITEMS (excluding stalling items*) MEDIUM, ALL STAGES, 3 stock, 4 Minute time limit
SF - 4 MAN FFA, Smash Ball only MEDIUM, STARTER RANDOM STAGE, 3 stock, 6 minute time limit
F - 1 V 1, No items, SPEAR PILLAR, 3 stock, 6 minute time limit

*items that are considered stalling items are: heart container, maxim tomato, starman and stopwatch.

STARTER RANDOM STAGES are: Battlefield, Final Destination, Yoshi's Island, Lylat Cruise, Castle Siege, Smashville, Pokemon Stadium, Corneria, Bridge of Eldin, Delfino Plaza, Luigi's Mansion, Mario's Circuit, Great Sea, Norfair, Frigate Orpheon, Battleship Halberd, Pokemon Stadium 2, Distant Planet, Skyworld, Pictochat, Shadow Moses Island, Green Hill Zone, Yoshi's Island (Melee), Jungle Japes, Rainbow Ride, Onett, Brinstar, Green Greens.

The only controller type that will be available for use is the GCN controller due to the difficulty of switching back and forth between controller type between matches. Bringing your own GCN controller is allowed as long as the controller has no modifications beyond purely cosmetic changes. NO turbo button or alternate layout of buttons to a normal GCN controller.

Tap jump will be able to be turned off via premade names "A" "B" "C" and "D", all with the only change to controls being tap jump off. Select this name if you prefer that particular setup but outside from this there is no custom control schemes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom