• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[VIC] Melbourne CouchWarriors 2011 - AGM News

Would you like to see a cash prize pool? (Public vote)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

bylim5

Smash Journeyman
holy **** thats a lot of people at the brawl manifest. was tempted to go but i walked to Glenferrie rd. everyone in hawks colours, so i got caught up in the excitement... + yummy food and beeeer...and victory!!

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Sorry Cobalt -wasn't going as you'd know now and didn't check boards in time to reply. Good you made it all the same.

Not a big fan of AFL....to be honest it seems like a poor excuse for a bunch of guys to parade around in short-shorts spanking each-other....and I can think of a million better ways to spend my free time than watching that.

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
Sorry Cobalt -wasn't going as you'd know now and didn't check boards in time to reply. Good you made it all the same.

Not a big fan of AFL....to be honest it seems like a poor excuse for a bunch of guys to parade around in short-shorts spanking each-other....and I can think of a million better ways to spend my free time than watching that.
One of those things being doing that, right? I've just recalled that hot summer afternoon at your place, during which I was forced to remove my pants to relieve myself from the heat. Good times, good times.

It was a good game to watch and I'm happy Hawthorn won. I really wanted Shane Crawford to have won a premiership. The only thing that pissed me off, though, is the amount of rushed behinds the Hawks made. Some of them were justified, but in most cases the player with the ball had so many more legitimate options to ensure his team held possession of the ball. It was ridiculous.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
lol i'm prtty sure Geelong gave themself more behinds than we did <3 mooney's crap!

Commander Snake

Smash Cadet
i waited 3 hours in line and im not even in any pics. :(
Hehe, I was having my suspicions as to whether you were there or not. Becuase I can't see you on the list or in the pics. Hehe, loser.
CAOTIC said:
lol i'm prtty sure Geelong gave themself more behinds than we did <3 mooney's crap!
Yes he is. He kicks one goal from the boundary line and then he thinks he's the best. They scored 11.12 off their own boots with over 60 inside 50's. That's not good.

EDIT:Next year Brisbane's going to win. I think everyone (who wasn't a Cats or a Hawks supporter) wanted Hawthorn to win because they didn't want to see Geelong win back-to-back.

TakFR

Smash Lord
NNID
TakAE86
I think that was the first football match i ever enjoyed watching. Considering i got dubbed a hawks fan by Cao (even though i don't barrack for anyone) i was happy for them to win =)

Commander Snake

Smash Cadet
Why don't we call this thread the 'Melbourne Footy Hub (NOW WITH BETTING)'. lol. Back on topic, I don't know what to say. So, who's been playing Brawl/Melee lately? Noone, ok let's keep talking about footy.

Nick_

Smash Apprentice
Hawks seemed to want it more imo, great match (compared to last year lol)
Brisbane are old, they won't win next year.

_X_

Smash Lord
Why don't we call this thread the 'Melbourne Footy Hub (NOW WITH BETTING)'. lol. Back on topic, I don't know what to say. So, who's been playing Brawl/Melee lately? Noone, ok let's keep talking about footy.
You were at the Ranbat, were you not?

I can't seem to remember who you were.

What name did you use there/describe yourself for me real quick. :confused:

Commander Snake

Smash Cadet
Uhm, yeah the name I used was Sinza. I teamed up with Mikul and our team name was WeMaySuck. I wear glasses, a head shorter than Nay, I versed him in my first match, came with Cobalt, and I'm chubby. I'm in the last photo of this months ranbats, the guy with the glasses on the right of the photo, left of everyone else.

EDIT (due to Cobalt insisting upon it):I have a lot of hair, but it grows up, not long.

Commander Snake

Smash Cadet
Yeah I would've, apart from the fact pretty much everyone has the same hair colour. And well, you can't see my eyes but they're a weird hazel colour, not the normal hazel/gold that people have. But if you're so insistent, then I'll edit the post and include the hair.

_X_

Smash Lord
Uhm, yeah the name I used was Sinza. I teamed up with Mikul and our team name was WeMaySuck. I wear glasses, a head shorter than Nay, I versed him in my first match, came with Cobalt, and I'm chubby. I'm in the last photo of this months ranbats, the guy with the glasses on the right of the photo, left of everyone else.

EDIT (due to Cobalt insisting upon it):I have a lot of hair, but it grows up, not long.
Yeah, I remember you

(I'm the guy with long hair btw)

I think we spoke about... something >_>

Paladinight

Smash Apprentice
Over there! no, no, the one on the left or is it t
Yeah, I'm still holding a meet. To those who are coming my address is 5/7 Derry St. East Bentleigh.

You can come at around 11.30 am to 4.30 pm and you have to BYO lunch/money we have like nothing here and BYO controller, I want as much as people who are available to come oh and Wayne might be coming too =3.

TakFR

Smash Lord
NNID
TakAE86
Sorry don't think i'll go anymore, i don't know how to get there ( i can catch the Oakleigh bus but i don't know where to go from there) also it doesn't seem like many people are going =/

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I work on regular business hours so I will be unable to make it. Perhaps on some weekend or weeknight down the track I would make it down, because it's not too far from me

October Ranbat yey!

_X_

Smash Lord
lol's that ranking not accurate!! i play game and watch and de3 took me a while to get decent intenet by next week ill be playing brawls online yays!!! I quote---"NO JEI NAY AND ERICK TIME TO EARN POINTS YUMYUM"
-cao- http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=2LAD6Im6jrA hahahahaha lols
What ranking are you talking about? The vic' power ranking seems pretty accurate to me... bar Chris' absents.

Also, in future, please type in a manner that I do not have to decode. Fluent english isn't a must to play smash but... >_> it helps community wise.

Who is this anyway?

Edit: That video is the epitome and the pinnacle of the degeneration of society.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
In case you guys were wondering what those acronyms on the title mean, Deakin's Anime Club and a Tasmanian anime convention called AICON, both have expressed interest in having the Couchwarriors committee run events for them in the future. This was based off what they saw during Manifest's VG Tournaments.

Although we have little interest in Tasmania, Deakin's proposal seems interesting and I think the CW crew is up for it - have a large one-day event devoted completely to videogames and videogame tournaments with prizes sponsored by the DAC or another sponsor if they get a hold of one. It would be held in the Burwood campus and they have offered to book out several theatres for us, as well as indoor open space.

This would all likely fall under January 2009, and if it goes ahead, it promises to be something pretty special for Victorians. Also, I'm plugging away with EGAMES/IDEF for this November, and if successful, will expose competitive fighting games to around 15,000+ people, so I hope communications go well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom