• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[VIC] Don't Get Hyped - Jan 28 - Link to results at top of opening post

tibs7

Smash Champion
gg's to everyone except bryan because he didnt say hi!!! >=/

wish i could play allens :S it was just soooo hot!

@billy if i didnt attack you i wouldve been timed out anyway. hard to have fun with brawl when matches are like that :S

but ill take down everyone next time, i promise

Tomiie

Smash Apprentice
Great tournament, it was kinda unorganized, but was still great... apart from the heat.
I lacked knowledge in some match ups, especially Snake vs Diddy.

Off topic, but does anyone know a store where I can buy a Tri-wing screw driver? I need one to repair my Gamecube controller, thanks to Mario Kart.

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
*Clears throat*

Worst...tourney...ever.

LOL...but seriously. Fk that venue xD.

Sorry to Jei for getting us out of teams in a bad form. Black character < Glare...Massive target black character <<<<<<<<< Glare. Seriously, two of my 4 stock were spend spamming roll waiting for stagechange on PS xD. Not to take away from Gords though, WP bro! (But Redact can get stuffed, he was fkd otherwise and he knows it LOL!)

I enjoyed playing a whole lot. Shame I didn't stick around for singles, coz I'm blue-ballin' for it hard! Next time I shall bring justice to all!

Great seeing you all again, and look forward to playing more in the future :)

Cheers!

PS: Leisha, if you play LoL, add me: Lacedaemonic. That goes for any others who LoL :)

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
Quick shoutouts..

Those I played in bracket:

Poltus: GOOD STUFF MAN!! I thought I could go Yoshi against a new guy and ended up getting hard camped by Dedede. I really enjoyed our matches.

Batmans: You were so sandbagging the matches we had the night before the tourney. I felt powerless against your Tink. You forced me to resort to my panic play style: spam c-stick.

Allens: Sorry about the matchup, I actually think your better than I am, Pit just stomps DK. You SA guys are awesome, I wish I didn't have to play both of you in bracket. Great job in doubles too.

Earl: You are pretty much leagues ahead of me. I haven't been three stocked in a while. Congrats on your victory.

Splice: Best set ever. I reckon that was the best I've ever played against you, even though you didn't seem at your best. You're right though, no approaching GaW is the only way to play that match up with Pit.

Timic: Fun games, I always enjoy playing you in Melee.

DD: You are definitely improving. Your bair game is coming along nicely. I find it secretly hilarious that you kind of wobble in your seat while you're in the air with jiggs.

Tak: I think because of that last SD you did I may have won our set. If only I didn't screw up my last stock...jks jks I'm glad you are competing in smash more these days. Brawlolol.

The rest:

Khoa: We just need to keep at it yo. We did okay. What can you do against the amazing "Takila" team?

Shaz: Lol. Yeah definitely the glare, it was all good though.

Wayne: Nice talking bball with you.

Dekar: Couldn't think of a better opening to the 2012 season. Great tournament. Sorry about wetting your pants.

Leisha: You crazy. Thanks for the cookies.

Luke: You are welcome to stay at mine anytime, good that I got to see you before you left.

Dean: Get better.

Others I didn't mention: GG's and stuff!

fantanoice

Smash Cadet
Yay for not coming dead last (apart from Melee which I ended up forfeiting because I had to leave). xD I was also really surprised at getting Tomiie down to one stock in a tie-breaker.

FANTA: Yeah sorry about getting you in bracket :p. Hope to see more of you in the future.
That's okay, I'll live through the pain. :p I'm guessing you're 'The Guy With Glasses', then? xD I really need to play more against DDD.

Anyway, thanks for organising this guys, and thanks for the games to whoever I played in brackets/friendlies.

Also, don't be a strangers to the Boronia/FTG area, even if the venues are ridiculously hot and sweaty. :p

Nido

ily Sebby
I didn't play many people at the tourney, need to play a variety of people next time.

:phone:

Danza

Smash Apprentice
haha yeah i saw the name danza, and it rang a bell lol. Thanks, you play really good with rob aswell :) i still got a bit to learn with techniques and stuff. i also play mario. dont know who im better at but i felt like being rob in the doubles :) good matches by the way :)
Yeah they were great matches. Mario is really good in Brawl (unlike the 1st game), i use him as a low tier character (even though i reckon he should be ranked higher than low tier).

Danza

Smash Apprentice
To Splice, Scroll Down to the ending, i dont know why it didn't quote properly...

QUOTE=Splice;13999194]The best ruleset I have ever played with. Attention is more focused around Player vs Player and strategy rather than abusing any stage mechanics (with the exception of PS1 Windmill) and it feels very proffessional. I don't think i could go back to a different stage set, and I think it was just one thing (of many, many things) that contributed to the great atmosphere.

SHOUTOUTS

Fantastic tournament. Good job Dekar.
Was happy that a large amount of people found these tournaments and decided to attend.
It's very reassuring since at times last year the playerbase was less than 15 and we've more then doubled that with this tournament.

Sorry to Danza and Tommie and Sebby, and anyone else who I intended to have friendlies with or said I was going to have some friendlies but couldn't. Because I enter all events (and do alright in them) I don't really get to play any friendlies or else the tourney will not finish on time :/
I probably will not enter brawl doubles (or melee doubles) anymore because of this.

@Danza; on a day that suits you, if you want to catch up so we can play friendlies someday, just PM me on smashboards and we'll try to organise something. My apologies that we didn't get to play yesterday, I feel really bad about that ;c
Good work in doubles, you placed equal with Joey and I.

DANZA:
Nah that's cool, you still had matches in the Tournament to play which is more important than playing friendlies. I just wanted a match to play you're Game & Watch to see how good you play with him, maybe could get some ideas haha :). I'll just get some ideas from the youtube matches of you playing with Game & Watch. Oh yeah thanks you guys did good in doubles too.

Robsta

Smash Ace
Shout outs

Cao: You're luigi always surprises me, thanks for the friendlies.

Forte: Your fox ***** me in bracket but had fun times.

Joey: Thanks for rawting my controller and friendlies at the start with phill. learn2play w3w

Billy: You so silleh

Jei: Thanks for helping me deal with the emotional turmoil that I was going through during Brawl teams.

Timic: Don't ever talk to me again unless it's regarding team melee play. Thanks for the friendlies that made me worse.

Attila: I BENCH 185KGS MOTHER****ER... my marth>your marth
comeatme.gif

Dekar: Thanks for the friendlies...

Phil: Thanks for the pre tourney games, they really helped.
beingseriousthanksman.png

Kier&Tibs: Thanks for letting me demolish you

DD: <3

Pete: <3 <3

Tom: <3 <3 <3

Dekar289

Smash Hero
some quick shoutouts:

apologies to anyone i came off as rude to at any time, heat johns

redact: thanks for TOing and cramming 5 (!) TVs into Tim's mum's car, and also helping clean up at the end (where u at others)
jei: thanks for TOing and bringing tvs. ur bad at brawl but i guess i couldn't stretch splice that far so gw
leisha: thanks for bringing tunz of stuff and helping TO
timic's mum: you're number one
kier: the first time you f-smashed tim's sheild and he grabbed you, small alarm bells should have went off. if only you'd lasered to grab (f-throw offstage, f-smash after he recovers... which you did so well otherwise) a few times instead... nice use of wavelands tho, timic had no idea. we'll continue our very long mm next tourney
gords: too much gordsing in melee, bad luck
asian aussie: thanks for naming the tournament!
luke atyeo: thanks for popping in and acting as chemotherapy
shaz: you jei and... your opponents, were silly for continuing to play with that glare lol
im eagerly awaiting next tourney when you will burst into the top 5... perhaps!
also i'm really glad that girl won over coach... i forgot her name already though lool, such a forgettable winner
tom: thanks for the recording setup even though we didn't use it... whoops
adept: 56 entrants including the best players in the country, gg suckersmash trolollol
nova: thanks so much for your generosity even when you were as sick as a dog. hopefully the next don't get will be even bigger and much better temperature wise for your attendance

apologies also to all the new and uncommon attendees whose names i kept forgetting, i hope to see you all at the monthlies starting in a few months time, where I won't be TOing so I can hopefully take the time to properly meet and play friendlies with all of you

welcome back nicks and ledge, both of whom have still well and truly 'got it'

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
@Dekar - all the good locations/tv's were taken up by the abomination of a smash game...you know the the one where the characters are ******** and fall down all the time?

Dekar289

Smash Hero
the reason the "don't get" tournaments are in summer is because that is when there is a lack of tournaments in victoria. the monthlies are always from march until november.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
yes, but as as dean said, not all wii's are homebrewed up
i'm of the opinion that... they probs should be

Tomiie

Smash Apprentice
my wii is, i can have the code on next time i bring my wii to a tourney.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
yes some are, but it's probably not right to have some with and some without tripping... jei?
perhaps wii's with tripping disabled could be clearly labelled... so players who'd prefer to play on them can. though this could cause some bottlenecks...

Tomiie

Smash Apprentice
i think everyone would prefer to play without tripping.
if only there were a code for no foot stooling, not that it harms gameplay, its just a little cheap.

Top Bottom