• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[VIC] 3 Stock'd ~ Melbourne 2010 ~ Nope

Toshi

Smash Journeyman
I won't make it to doubles unfortunately, but I'll try to get there before singles.

Don't worry, the TV and wii will still be brought by Joe (and perhaps a cube if he's daring).

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Just for official clarification:

If Sam brings his extra TV, CW will have a total supply of 9 TVs for Smash with Brawl getting 4-5. The TVs are to be proportionally distributed through turnouts and I'll plan on buying more soon (taking a break from buying TVs for now, hard work, etc).

Nixernator

Smash Ace
Attila needs to learn English again.

Also, since we have access to a completely *****in' projector set up, we can Big Screen Money Matches with MCing at the same time as recording them. If you want to Money Match someone on the projector set up, we can make it a (relatively) high priority.
Do want, I hope I get down there and get some MM's or just MC some MM's Lol. Twould be awesome.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
So how about using the projector for the finals of both games, and not MMs.
The projector is also for SF etc right?

C~Dog

Smash Champion
So how about using the projector for the finals of both games, and not MMs.
The projector is also for SF etc right?
Projector is just for Smash IIRC.

You really think that finals are going to take up all the time on the projector?

Haydino

Smash Cadet
Not that i expect anyone to care but that Haydino noob isnt going to be able to make it to the tourney because he has Kendo all day.

Ill come for friendlies and stuff though.

If im lucky ill get there in time to miss the end of pools or the start of the bracket.
like 5-6 Pm Max

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
Just realized...$5 for Brawl singles, $5 for Melee singles, $2.50 for Brawl doubles and the $5 entry fee to CW...that's a total of $17.50 for the day w/o food. I'm going to be struggling to pay for this =(

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Conor, can I assume you're coming to get the TVs at 11am tomorrow? My number is 0466-352-145. Address, 4 George St, East Melbourne VIC 3002.

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Ill be there at 12 to 12:30ish.

Better check timetables now, also want to get lots of friendlies :3 because I suck and need to get better =P lol

Slashpockets

Smash Apprentice
Drix posting...

Seeing as I'm no longer power ranked, i'm just informing you guys that I will be trying to use a different character other then Fox next time I show to a tourney, But who it is will remain a secret until said time,
Ciao

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
CouchWarriors hold their tourneys on Saturdays and due to conors tournament being merged with them, they'll be hosting 3 stocked on the Saturdays now i presume.

Ill be coming early most likely since trains are a bit gay on times =< rocking up at 11:30

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
as of next month, i may have to start working on saturdays... i too would also prefer is 3 stocked ran on sunday...

gl today guys :)

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Tibs, no one!

Regarding Saturday vs. Sunday: Depending on turnouts, Sunday tournaments are a viable option for us. CW have run exclusively on Sundays before - ultimately, either day doesn't change much overall for attendances (nothing polls can't fix). <3

Magnamancy

Smash Rookie
Last minute slip, I can't make it, sorry you lot. :(

I hope everyone has a good time today though eh?

Enjoy yourselves.

abhishekh

Smash Journeyman
dont worry abhi, i actually really didnt want to enter brawl dubbles XD i was gunna be playing sf3 at the time

hoping condog lets me in pools
Oh, awesome.

Anyway, I'd prefer them on Saturdays as well, since I've already got piano lessons, and sometimes dentist appointments which means I'll not be able to go depending, or I'll end up pretty late which means I miss out on stuff.

Although, if everyone else prefers Saturday, I'll adapt I suppose 8D.

Timic83

Smash Ace
Moorabbin/Hampton East, Melbourne, Australia
shoutouts

cao and condog: lol 2 topics 2 shoutout lists
everyone: sorry for my outburst and cryingness, i had too much adreniline in toshi match
toshi: that was the best game of my life
mikul: you ****
surgi: your getting really good
kid that plays subspace and does snake codecs: get a life

Attila_

BRoomer
timeouts are the gay... its not why he have timers... its just gay...

but yeah, got me pissed off, couldnt play after that. ill have to become a falco main so it doesnt happen again.

alternatively, japanese rule set please. or just dq anyone who runs away for 4 minutes.

Ledge_g2

Smash Ace
timeouts are the gay... its not why he have timers... its just gay...

but yeah, got me pissed off, couldnt play after that. ill have to become a falco main so it doesnt happen again.

alternatively, japanese rule set please. or just dq anyone who runs away for 4 minutes.
You shouldn't let timeouts piss you off. It's part of the stratergy in Brawl.
Theres no way you could create a rule to DQ someone after 4mins running away lol. The Japanese sudden death could work though.
Ohh and remember that Falco is 1-dimensional... Do you really want to main a char with such little diversity compared to the other high tier chars? Although I understand falcos pretty fun sometimes.

Scabe

Successful Businessman
I agree with the DQing of people running away. :mad088:

Anyways who played gay? And what were the results for like Singles + Doubles

earla

Smash Lord
unfortunetly some people started playing like that to me so i had to counter them with that style.
it's the way brawl is.

gratz to luke and ted for brawl doubles.
gratz to dave for melee singles

always a pleasure ted + attila. welcome home from japan.

im sure attilas groupies gave the majority of the room a boner. gratz

thx for teaming dave. good stuff emz and dekz as always.

nice to c everyone. peace and take care

Attila_

BRoomer
my groupies were pretty epic... nice girls actually...

anyway, im not pissed off at earl for the timeout. im more so pissed off that stuff like that can happen, and its a tactic to win. but yeah, i lost to gayness, and then really didnt wanna play the game anymore. from that point onward, there was no point playing the tourney anymore.

yes, i shouldnt let stuff like that annoy me. thats my fault and my problem. still freakin gay though.

@ledge: the japanese rule doesnt work here cause people like to play gay. if youre losing, you can run away and hope for the best in a sudden death. which is equally stupid.

that being said, the japanese also play 10 minute matches, making it harder to time someone out. i never once played or even saw a match were someone was actively trying to time someone out. its just wasnt done.

and i dont think it is part of brawl strategy, or at least not legitimately. the timer is intended to keep tournaments running according to a time schedule, or at least, it was initially. this in itself is rather necessary, and seemed innocent/harmless enough. but then people started abusing it. timers should be catagorized with tv setups and pool formations, cause essentially, they just help the tournament to run on time.

but there really isnt anything concrete that we can do about it. cept all use/ban mk.

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Melee always looks soo epic to watch.

Too bad I completely fail at it though =( takes soo much practice.

I dislike people resorting to time-outs too, but sadly its what people feel they need to do sometimes to win. No ones managed to time me out yet though xD (lets hope never) =P

Top Bottom