• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[VIC] 2011 CouchWarriors - 12th Nov - The Hive, Box Hill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vermy

Smash Champion
Myself and Ugly will be making an appearance.

Not playing Smash anymores. Bored with it.

Entering Mahvel and SSFIV under the new alias "Endzeit".

I miss you gaiz. Speshly Jei, Khoa, Conor, Leisha, Billy and Woxy.

C~Dog

Smash Champion
I got my Ps today, so I will be coming to play Brawl doubles. /sat1

Anyone want to team?

Splice

Smash Hero
WOOOOOOO VERMY!!

WOOOOOOO CONOR

Conor yo TEAM WITH DEAN
if he's available ^^;

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
friday = sm@sh?

Yeah I think I'm teaming with Cao th!s Sund@y. I'll team with you at ACL if Jon doesn't go though?

Edit: decoded my own post :(

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Yay, Vermys coming =)

Anyway regarding the tourney stuff with money, Is it really asking much to pay around 10 bucks to enter one tournament on one sunday a month? Really? Like no offense, its not much money, and if it is to you, then you should consider getting a job maybe lol.

Its competitive for a reason and people want prizes. Its natural to think so. =S Anyway, thats just my opinion. Hate on me if you want to, but i think other people would agree with me. (hopefully lol)

Anyway, can anyone supply a laptop for this tournament? would be easier to set the bracket up that way. And recording equipment? If no one has recording equpiment, just play the finals on my wii since i got the hacks to save longer replays and such.

Ill see you guys on sunday. :3

Also my post will probably look all ********, its really a stupid prank tbh. Layout changing was enough, but changing words? thats just an inconvenience and wasnt necessary

Plasia

Smash Journeyman
Myself and Ugly will be making an appearance.

Not playing Smash anymores. Bored with it.

Entering Mahvel and SSFIV under the new alias "Endzeit".

I miss you gaiz. Speshly Jei, Khoa, Conor, Leisha, Billy and Woxy.
You don't miss your childhood friend :( :(:crying:

Dekar289

Smash Hero
dw leisha redact has a laptop and will bring it (he did last time, but forgot tio... i'm sure he won't make that mistake again)

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
I'm bringing mine but soz no recording from this one.

Also brawl stages are what we are using in ACL (which means Leisha chooses I guess)
My list would look like this:

Starters
BF
SV
YI
Lylat
PS1

Counters
FD
Delfino
Halberd

But obviously Leish makes the call.

Nicks

Smash Journeyman
wateva the stage list ends up being i recommend at least printing out one copy of the stages coz last month no one had any idea wat the stages were.

earla

Smash Lord
what is the brawl confirmed stage list for this tournament?

(i assume its the same for acl)

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Oh okies, thanks dekar =).

Also for the ruleset, we'll be using the ACL one in preparation for next weekend. (Hopefully nobody minds).

So yeah, not much different, just adding Frigate and CS in counter and thats about it. But ill bring copies of the rule set with me just in case lol.

earla

Smash Lord
acl thread isn't updated with brawl stage list

can u post it right here the stage list ?

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Ruleset is here

General Rules:

Playing non-tournament matches without a Tournament Organizer's consent may result in disqualification. Players may forfeit games and/or sets if their match has been called by a TO and is not started within reasonable time. Please inform a TO of any situations that may hinder you from playing.

Brawl Thriller Ruleset:

Match Settings: 3 Stock | 8 Minute Timer | Items set to "off" and "none"
Matches are played as best of three sets. Championship and Finals (Winners, Losers Semi, Losers) sets are best of five. (Winners semis and Loosers semis will be played as best of 5 sets if we have enough time.) This includes Pool Matches, matches ending with suicide moves that result in Sudden Death have the initiator of the move declared winner. (A) In the case of a match going to time, Sudden Death is not played. A player may not select a stage which they have already won on in the set, unless the opponent agrees. Players are responsible for their own controllers (including connectivity, battery life, etc) and control settings. No unnecessary pausing of the game. (B) Stalling is banned. Actions that cause glitches and/or game freezes which prevent the game from continuing are the responsibility of the player. Extension (Infinite or otherwise) of Meta Knight's Dimension Cape / Down B is banned. The above listed yellow actions may result in the player responsible forfeiting the MATCH or SET. Tournament Organizers hold discretionary powers. Excessive screaming made by a player will be barred from play.

A) Time Out Procedures:

In the case of a time out the winner(s) of the match are declared by (in order):
(Singles Only; Meta Knight only) If the player has more than 25 Ledge Grabs they forfeit the match. Highest [combined] stock count. Lowest [combined] percentage. In the case of not being able to declare a winner, a One Stock Four Minute Decider is played with the same characters and stage. In the case of the Decider time out with the previous conditions, Sudden Death is played out.

B) Stalling:

The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs must end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

Set Procedure: [/SIZE][/COLOR]
Opponents select their ports.
Opponents choose their characters.
Double blind selection may be called if a player wishes it.
Opponents strike the starter stages one at a time until there is one remaining.
The first match of the set is played on said stage.
After the match is played the winner may declare a legal stage banned.
The previous match's loser selects a remaining legal stage to be played on.
If the previous match's loser wishes to, they may also counterpick a port.
The winner of the previous match picks character first.
The loser then picks their character.
Steps 4-7 are repeated until a set is completed.

(*) In the case of dispute, a best of one Rock, Paper, Scissors match is played. The winner may select preferred port OR which opponent strikes first. The loser obtains the unselected option. Either this method or both players choose G&W and use the side B attack. (The hammer) Whoever gets the higher number will determine the winner.

Legal Stage List

Starters
Battlefield
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Smashville
Pokemon Stadium 1
Lylat Cruise

Counter-picks
Final Destination
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd

Doubles Subset:

Life Stealing is allowed. Team Attack set to ON. Port Selection, unless in mutual agreement must be in a 1221 format (team 1/team 2). Doubles has additional stages, and hence teams may ban TWO of them during counter-picking.

(dont know about this part yet)
Pot disposition
1st 60%
2nd 30%
3rd 10%

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
jesus christ, harryponting obliterated everyone -- took me out of winners 3-2 and i lost in LF 3-0... O______O WITH FALCON. more to come

shaya, why did you ban him??!!

Dekar289

Smash Hero
harry... i'm gunna be honest, i did not think you would be very good
mad respect for perhaps being the first player to ever win their first smash tournament?
i'd make the trip to fairfield just to watch you play everyday if i could, no joke

@kier - sorry for not getting in enough friendlies... too busy, couldn't take my eyes of harry :(
bingo-bango with #see ftw

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
Good set with jared, made me crap my pants getting that close

Good set with Toshi, solid play (and yes i did want friendlies after, lets play some weekend/during the week! not joking srsly u 2g)

Cao solid as hell still, but taking a game off you was satisfying enough for me for now

dekar still just **** as ever

pointing an absolute prodigy, kids like 11 and cleaned the tables

top 5 off the top of my head

1 ponting
2 dekar
3 cao
4 redact
5 toshi/kier

also another note

kier is damn good now to, daaaammmnnn son

like 5 days after the release of a PR and now there's upsets left right and center

Melbourne rapppesss

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
i think ken won his first tournament ever in 2002. ponting's in the same league methinks...

holy s, just wait till everyone seed the vids!!

Timic83

Smash Ace
Moorabbin/Hampton East, Melbourne, Australia
shoutouts:
ponting: never thought shieks down b could be good, falcon was mad solid too
robsta: get better (this is comng from TIMIC)
kier: ur falco :D
alex "pretty cool guy": ics 2g
redact: so helpful
earl: ggs
everyone: SUNDAY WAS FUNDAY

MikulOnIce85

Smash Ace
It was good coming back into the scene after a large hiatus, props go to Leisha for poke hacking, Adam for being a friendly guy, Dekar for helping me get my groove back and especially Tak for meteor canceling three times in a row and surviving.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
Lol the least prepared I've been for a tourney, and i won haha

I'll try to play more seriously next time guys, promise (espc earl :))

Also castle seige is stupid; bring back picto :D

Might I request that vids don't go up until after acl?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom