• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

vBulletin Upgrade

kupo15

Smash Hero
Why is the subscription email notif not working properly? If I continue to get 36 messages all the time informing me of old posts, I am going to have to disable it and I don't want to do that.

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
The email servers seem to be having some issues. I've sent an email to the server techs to see if they can take a look. In the meantime you'll probably still keep getting emails sent to you on a delay, but they should all be emails that you're supposed to get--in other words, even though you're maybe getting them late, you're still "supposed" to get them.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
my postbits just jumped from the left (under the avatar) to the top right of the post. its not that big of a deal and i kind of like it this way though =)

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ.

Is this the default setting?

It is annoying when reading very short posts.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Oh yeah, already changed it :)

It is very disturbing though. Like I said, 60% of the posts in SWF are somewhat short/not so long. With the Top Postbit option ON it seems like an AIM/MSN convo :ohwell:

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Thanks SWF. The custom avatars and top postbit are the best parts, and while I probably won't be using the other features, it's all good.

Also, superlongnamemanguy, maybe it won't stretch the page if the location is shortened?

EDIT: Whoa, I didn't think posts were counted in here.

EDIT 2: Whoa hoah, didn't think you could compare all your edits now, either.

RDK

Smash Hero
Is there a way to change the viewing orientation back around to the way it was? I hate the new way posts and profiles look in threads. :(

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
Being told you can change your postbit: Cool
Changing everyone's default postbit: Not cool.
...like I said, it already was an option (one that even showed up on the registration screen), so if you already had had it set to left, you wouldn't have had to go change it now. The only other option would be to change it to left for everyone who had had it set to top, which makes even less sense than just using the option that was already there.

RupeeClock

Smash Ace
...like I said, it already was an option (one that even showed up on the registration screen), so if you already had had it set to left, you wouldn't have had to go change it now. The only other option would be to change it to left for everyone who had had it set to top, which makes even less sense than just using the option that was already there.
Oh wait, I think I understand now.

I must've had gone to see what the top postbit was like before, but noticed no change.
This must've happened to a number of people too so they just left it as it was, then BAM, sudden change.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Oh wait, I think I understand now.

I must've had gone to see what the top postbit was like before, but noticed no change.
This must've happened to a number of people too so they just left it as it was, then BAM, sudden change.
Making "Left" the default option.

M.K

Level 55
Eww, yuck, this makes Smashboards look very messy. It looks.....I don't know, I really do not like it though.

EDIT: NEVER MIND NEVER MIND!!!!!! Ok, I changed it back to Left, and I thought it meant only Left for MY posts, but now I see that it changes everyones, so I'm happy again! I'm sorry Kirby King!!!!!

RupeeClock

Smash Ace
Making "Left" the default option.
Did you try logging out? It actually defaults to "Top" when logged out.

What I meant was any registered accounts that were set to Left, stayed left, but anyone who curiously set it to "Top" and saw nothing, left it that way (and then got a surprise today.)

I don't think I agree with "Top" being the default at all, almost every forum out there uses a Left post-bit.

You'd be amazed how something so trivial can screw with a user's perception of ability to use something, the top-post bit alone might discourage people from registering accounts. :p

crosser43

Smash Journeyman
The updates are ok i guess. Custom avatar is smart thing to add. The only thing I'm not so pleased about is the Profile viewings. They seem messy, and crowded, but it'll be soon before I settle in. Other than that, everything is smart updates. Good job! :)

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Did you try logging out? It actually defaults to "Top" when logged out.

What I meant was any registered accounts that were set to Left, stayed left, but anyone who curiously set it to "Top" and saw nothing, left it that way (and then got a surprise today.)

I don't think I agree with "Top" being the default at all, almost every forum out there uses a Left post-bit.

You'd be amazed how something so trivial can screw with a user's perception of ability to use something, the top-post bit alone might discourage people from registering accounts. :p
I completely agree with you.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
As for the top postbit, I didn't realize there was an option to change it so I didn't change it and got used to it by the time I figured out you could change it. *shrug* It's a little odd, but it's not that bad. I may change it back to left to see which I like better.

One thing I'd like to say about tags, though, is that there should be a way for the creator of a thread to edit ALL tags. People will put spam tags (just look at the tags here!) like "*name* was here" and then you can't do anything about it, and it's annoying.

Cat Fight

Smash Lord
NNID
NoGoodEndings
Is there any way you could make it so you can put images in yr social group description? I think it'd make them a lot more interesting...

And what is the "album" feature?

Top Bottom