• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

vBulletin Upgrade

Nodrak

Smash Ace
Cool update, tagging sounds useful. It'll take a bit to get used to the new look, kind of makes me think the page didn't finish loading.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Looks real nice.

Nice job kiki but what about premium? Is it ever coming back? I keep getting the message below when I try to sign up again D:

"Smash World Forums does not have any paid subscriptions available to which you can subscribe."

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
It's gonna take a little while to get used to the new format. Especially the profile thing.

Nurotasama

Smash Journeyman
I'm not really a big fan of the change personally.

The bookmarks section is simply wasted space necessary to move through to actually go to the point of a forum: posting. Tags, while useful for search purposes, are likely to become annoying in the future considering their location in the normal browsing page and the fact that, as stated, they are meant for search purposes (which you wouldn't really need if you already are in the thread). I'd be a little less critical if I could turn these options off, but from what I can tell that is not so.

I don't really see the point in the change in profile, but it isn't necessary if one does not wish to use said functions so I am fine with that -- I guess some people may want to use the visitor message center and you can turn it off if you hate it.

What's with the username font/bolding style change in posts, also?

Sorry, but I really am not a big fan of this update. I guess so people may like it, but I'm not one.

M.K

Level 55
Exactly, I loved my Bolded name :(
Anways, it reminds me of recent Serebii Forums update, and thats mostly for the better:

70% Positive
30% Negative in my opinion!

Zantetsu

Smash Master
If you play brawl then you shouldn't be complaining about this update.

Brawl : New chars/stages added - Competitve play taken out
This update : New profile options and some other stuff - Bold in names taken out

If you can handle brawl's changes then you should easily handle these. Stop complaining and get used to it >_>

gocubs12345

Smash Apprentice
Not a big fan of the updates, this is like a Smash Bros Facebook.

I'll get used to it...

EDIT: Accidentally Double Posted, sorry...:(

M.K

Level 55
Why give the forum THIS upgrade, which is average/negatively received, and completely DISREGARD adding new avatars. This upsets me wholey, there isn't even ONE of Lucario! C'mon Leaders, lead us to cool avatars!

koikaze

Smash Apprentice
If you play brawl then you shouldn't be complaining about this update.

Brawl : New chars/stages added - Competitve play taken out
This update : New profile options and some other stuff - Bold in names taken out

If you can handle brawl's changes then you should easily handle these. Stop complaining and get used to it >_>

Video game =/= Online forum

Why give the forum THIS upgrade, which is average/negatively received, and completely DISREGARD adding new avatars. This upsets me wholey, there isn't even ONE of Lucario! C'mon Leaders, lead us to cool avatars!
Maybe they should ask people what they want rather than give them something they don't.

It's kinda like giving a vegetarian and nice juicy prim rib. They could care less, and some might even find it offensive.

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
Honestly? Because Mic is in charge of avatar selection, and I'm in charge of doing forum upgrades. :)

In any event, if anyone isn't a fan of the new messaging system, don't forget that you can disable it for your profile from your User CP (for all users or for just friends). The rest of the upgrades, I don't really think, infringe too much on the experience, but if there's something you'd like us to do to address that, let me know.

ytv

Smash Apprentice
I like the update the tabs in the profiles are nice easier to find fc and contact information. I do miss the bold names though :( Oh well.

M.K

Level 55
Honestly? Because Mic is in charge of avatar selection, and I'm in charge of doing forum upgrades. :)

In any event, if anyone isn't a fan of the new messaging system, don't forget that you can disable it for your profile from your User CP (for all users or for just friends). The rest of the upgrades, I don't really think, infringe too much on the experience, but if there's something you'd like us to do to address that, let me know.
I see, well, there isn't even any avatar "selection", because nothing is changing. I don't much care for this update anyways. Bolded names R.I.P.

fkacyan

Smash Hero

My issue isn't so much with lack of icon selection, which is fine, as opposed to lack of Premium for custom avs and such. I know you'll announce something about that in due time, though.

RupeeClock

Smash Ace
I like the new tagging feature. Speaking of which, how's that done? lol
See the bookmarks at the bottom of every thread? The stuff with all the usual Digg links?
Just below that are the Tags for the thread.

Every user can add 2 tags to the thread (i'm sure the tags allowed vary for different user groups.)

See, I just tagged the thread with "announcement", you can click that and all of the threads with that tag will appear.

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
See the bookmarks at the bottom of every thread? The stuff with all the usual Digg links?
Just below that are the Tags for the thread.

Every user can add 2 tags to the thread (i'm sure the tags allowed vary for different user groups.)

See, I just tagged the thread with "announcement", you can click that and all of the threads with that tag will appear.
Man, thank you lol. Btw, that Longsaur looks pretty kinky. It's like a giant orgy, but not really LOL.

Top Bottom