• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

vBulletin Upgrade

fkacyan

Smash Hero
OK, and now a relevant question:

Will custom titles be enabled? It's not a big deal, not at all. I'm just interested.

The custom avatars are already pretty awesome.

M.K

Level 55
Custom User Titles would = teh secksyness!

SQUEEEEEEE

I just made my Lucario custom avy, thank you SO MUCH for that feature, it is totally AMAZING!

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
So basically making my avatar contributions redundant and my only use of a premium account redundant. :\
We're still going to keep our standard avatars well stocked so people don't have to feel obligated to get a custom avatar. Even if a lot of people do, that'll just make the standard ones more unique. :p

RupeeClock

Smash Ace
We're still going to keep our standard avatars well stocked so people don't have to feel obligated to get a custom avatar. Even if a lot of people do, that'll just make the standard ones more unique. :p
I guess so, but I figure a lot of people would just go straight for uploading their own image now that they don't have to pony up.

Artery_Clogger

Smash Apprentice
The profile page was fine how it was. All the information was right there on one single page and was much less cumbersome. The more Facebook-like ideas in the profile detract from the viewing experience and I don't think they belong on a forum such as this.

Also being able to view profiles while not being logged in was nice.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
Thank you, Kirby King. There are a few things I'll use here, and a number of things I won't, but that's okay.

I'm not sure why everyone is complaining, really.

Grandeza

Smash Master
After the next upgrade that cat group also deserves it's own name color and logo >:( I also want animated avi's lol but the cat group thing is higher priority. Awesome update btw.

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
lol, the names still aren't right. x.x

There's something wrong with the search page too... the tags are overlapping the search box.

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
Is there going to be any way of changing our usernames now that premium is gone? I'm fairly sure the username Firestorm is banned or purged or something. I want to be Firestorm instead of Firestorm88 =(

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
My brother tried to make an account today, but he was not able to pass the "spyblocker" step... even though there was no spyblocker picture/input on the page, it would not let him continue.

Thanks for the help

edit- also, kiki, the new updates are amazing. theres really no reason for anyone to be complaining.

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
Is there going to be any way of changing our usernames now that premium is gone? I'm fairly sure the username Firestorm is banned or purged or something. I want to be Firestorm instead of Firestorm88 =(
Possibly. I just don't want to be inundated with requests for name changes, which happened even when it was premium-only.

My brother tried to make an account today, but he was not able to pass the "spyblocker" step... even though there was no spyblocker picture/input on the page, it would not let him continue.

Thanks for the help
I dealt with this a few hours ago. Let me know if it's still a problem.

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I contributed 600+ avatars, and only a fraction of those are part of the 208 they uploaded, haha.
I'd like to point out that those 200 are from the first page or two of the submission thread. I haven't had the time to go through the rest of them yet.

kupo15

Smash Hero
I really like the new editing feature where you can edit a post without opening a new window. Is there a way you can add Anchor and Jump BBCode? Many of us have guides and threads with really long OP's. It would be nice to have a link we can put in the table of contents that automatically jump us to the section we want instead of scrolling or using ctrl+F

I don't like the Bookmarks or tag location. Can you include a hide function? Also, can you increase the size of the "Advanced Reply" window a lot? It gets annoying when I have to edit a post that is realllly long in such a small window and a scroll bar. I get lost at times. Thanks!

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
Also, can you increase the size of the "Advanced Reply" window a lot? It gets annoying when I have to edit a post that is realllly long in such a small window and a scroll bar. I get lost at times. Thanks!
There are some double arrows in the top right corner of the post editor. They'll shrink/grow the window as needed.

Just to reiterate, this upgrade was a regular upgrade of our forum software. We don't determine specifically what features come with the software, although we generally have the discretion to enable/disable features as we see fit, and (obviously) develop our own tools to supplement what we get with the forum. So these features aren't being rolled out because we decided to lift them off of other sites; we'd be getting them regardless of that. And if you've read this thread, you should know that there are both people who are in favor of and opposed to some of these features on SWF. Different strokes. I don't think the new features are terribly intrusive (which is why I chose to enable them), but they can always be changed.

That said, I would ask that people keep the thread to the subject of the upgrade. You can share your thoughts, but if you've got issues with the behemoth, multi-billion dollar Smash World Corporation, please take them up in private; likewise, if you've decided that you don't care for what we have to offer compared to other sites, feel free to use them instead (or in addition, if you like). But please don't stick around just to complain, or to advertise. Thanks.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Is there going to be a new/changing thing where it currently says "SmashBoards T-Shirt Clearance /
NOW 50% OFF"? Also, I actually have mixed feelings about the avatar system... I felt that having a custom one was the indication that you were a respected, valuable member of SmashBoards... but a custom avatar is still awesome ^_^

Patinator

Smash Champion
I love this and all, but... I'm not getting any "New Reply in *_thread_*" alert emails anymore from my subscribed threads. I haven't gotten any since before SWF went offline yesterday, where I got 34 (O_O;;;).

My Subscribed Thread list is fine... Has anyone else experienced this?

kupo15

Smash Hero
I love this and all, but... I'm not getting any "New Reply in *_thread_*" alert emails anymore from my subscribed threads. I haven't gotten any since before SWF went offline yesterday, where I got 34 (O_O;;;).

My Subscribed Thread list is fine... Has anyone else experienced this?
Roflol!! Yessss! 2 days ago I had three times in an hour where I recieved 35 emails about old posts to threads. The system was catching up but now I don't get any alerts. Idk y, thanks for pointing that out ^_^

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Stop with the AiB crap.

I agree AiB's member profile settings are awesome. But the BOARDS look like some crappy xbox-hueg phpBB2.
SWF is tiny and awesome.

Replying to the post underneath mine: Yes, page 5.

Jack Kieser

Smash Champion
Has the update made it so that you can't change thread names anymore? It will be a little difficult letting people know that my thread's OPs have been updated without it...

Top Bottom