• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VaNz Stuff.. about Peach (Tactical Discussion)

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I think VaNz's offensive style was **** vs other Peaches so I can't agree. You get a lot of perks by controlling the middle or forcing her to the edge.

:phone:

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
I think VaNz's offensive style was **** vs other Peaches so I can't agree. You get a lot of perks by controlling the middle or forcing her to the edge.

Idk, last year some peach (cant remember which one but he was old school and well known. It was also a year and i suck with names :() anyway he told me that the first peach to approach loses. And while this is 100% true they are still words to remember during the ditto.

Now armada kinda camps but once he gets a hit he does things horrible things to the other peach. (His ability off of hit confirms is ridiculous)

MacD

Banned via Administration
armada only camps because he doesn't/didn't know what to do

his fail safe is to play defensive until he sees an opportunity. that's his style and that's whatever, but that doesn't mean it's the best way

and at the very least, being offensive in the ditto isn't wrong

Armada

Smash Lord
The correct way to play the ditto is to be a man and go IN

...unless you're Armada.
I played kinda many Peach dittos this weekend and played way more offensive then I used to do in the dittos. It worked out pretty good.

I don't know if it is because Im starting to getting better in the MU or not but I will try to work in the MU in a more offensive way cause playing kinda aggresive in the MU can be pretty good.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Idk, last year some peach (cant remember which one but he was old school and well known. It was also a year and i suck with names :() anyway he told me that the first peach to approach loses. And while this is 100% true they are still words to remember during the ditto.

Now armada kinda camps but once he gets a hit he does things horrible things to the other peach. (His ability off of hit confirms is ridiculous)

Old Sheiks told me Dair was bad. The fact that you can't cite a name is also bad. You also haven't fleshed out why the first approacher loses. I've always felt the hyper defense Peaches get blown up vs good aggressive ones unless they win by time out or they're M2K / Armada. Macd and VaNz were great at it for a long time and both had fairly offensive styles.

I think the MU revolves around zoning her into one of her weak areas. By threatening her, you make it harder for her to turnip whereas you get chances to when they commit to a retreat. This allows you to hold Peach near the edge, whichis her weakest spot onstage.

Defense is nice because Peach is slow. But because she can zone such a defined area I feel it presents limitations. This is compounded by the fact that Peach's pressure beats her OOS game.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
Old Sheiks told me Dair was bad. The fact that you can't cite a name is also bad. You also haven't fleshed out why the first approacher loses. I've always felt the hyper defense Peaches get blown up vs good aggressive ones unless they win by time out or they're M2K / Armada. Macd and VaNz were great at it for a long time and both had fairly offensive styles.

I think the MU revolves around zoning her into one of her weak areas. By threatening her, you make it harder for her to turnip whereas you get chances to when they commit to a retreat. This allows you to hold Peach near the edge, whichis her weakest spot onstage.

Defense is nice because Peach is slow. But because she can zone such a defined area I feel it presents limitations. This is compounded by the fact that Peach's pressure beats her OOS game.

I cant cite the name b/c i am bad with names and it was a year ago, that shouldnt be held against what the person said. Also this peach used dair so i doubt he thought it sucked. I didnt flesh out why the first to approach loses b/c i dont 100% agree with that idea, but if i had to say why its b/c you mostly want to be the person floating higher in this mu, so when you approach you give the other peach a chance to be at a superior position since you are already somewhat dedicated to your approach.

And like i said i dont listen to that 100%, but i do make sure to play defensive until i feel it is safe/the right time to go in. Also how offensive/defensive i play is also somewhat based off the other peach as well. If i am fighting a peach who is aggressive i wont have the time to camp so i would have to change my play style up. Mine and paju's peach ditto's were pretty much camp until u get a clean hit then follow up, or use turnip and float to start cutting off the stage try to corner then use turnip or fc.

They were boring matches but they were definitely well fought.

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
I cant cite the name b/c i am bad with names and it was a year ago, that shouldnt be held against what the person said. Also this peach used dair so i doubt he thought it sucked. I didnt flesh out why the first to approach loses b/c i dont 100% agree with that idea, but if i had to say why its b/c you mostly want to be the person floating higher in this mu, so when you approach you give the other peach a chance to be at a superior position since you are already somewhat dedicated to your approach.

And like i said i dont listen to that 100%, but i do make sure to play defensive until i feel it is safe/the right time to go in. Also how offensive/defensive i play is also somewhat based off the other peach as well. If i am fighting a peach who is aggressive i wont have the time to camp so i would have to change my play style up. Mine and paju's peach ditto's were pretty much camp until u get a clean hit then follow up, or use turnip and float to start cutting off the stage try to corner then use turnip or fc.

They were boring matches but they were definitely well fought.

WHAT ARE YOU AND WHY DO YOU EXIST?!

My god I just cant right now. Just. ****ing. Cant.

MacD

speaking of Evo/G3, are you guys hoping they are gonna be one week right after another, or would you guys rather have them spaced out?

i mean i don't really care cause i live in cali so it's whatever, but they were doing that poll on scar's stream last night and so it makes me wonder how feasible it would actually be for people to go to both

oh and what alan said, i was just gonna ignore it but that works too

Wake

Smash Master
speaking of Evo/G3, are you guys hoping they are gonna be one week right after another, or would you guys rather have them spaced out?

i mean i don't really care cause i live in cali so it's whatever, but they were doing that poll on scar's stream last night and so it makes me wonder how feasible it would actually be for people to go to both

oh and what alan said, i was just gonna ignore it but that works too
I was trying to think of the pros and cons of each one too. I feel like it would be easier for international players if they were only a week apart for sure, otherwise they'd have to go and then fly back not too long afterwards.

VA

Smash Hero
Why do you all quote ben grimm? I have that guy on my ignore list for a reason
i only rly see like 4 names when i post here. VanZ, DoH, RoseDemon, MacD. KirbyKaze as well but mostly it's tl;dr.

I don't read wake, xyzz, john! and the other d-listers.

no one prolly reads my posts and here i am being all elitest.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
@ Ben

The issue with, "Float higher, pull back fair with timing!" as a base strategy in the ditto is that going higher than the standard float heights usually involves doing it first and establishing your stance earlier. If the opponent realizes this, they can capitalize on this by getting lots of free turnip pulls. Since you're pulling back when you set up your super high float, you can't really stop them at any point. I feel from there the lower Peach has a mild advantage since they can either use the turnip as a poke vs your actual attack (probably fair) or threaten to zone you out of certain spots in a variety of ways.

Just IMO.

Eval

Smash Journeyman
Peach dittos are the best matchup

What are these lies eval?
Main thing is because its boring and annoying! Guess Im gonna switch to more aggro like Armada said... :/

Overtriforce picked Peach in pools after the first round went to last stock with Sheik. He said hes more comfortable with that rather than Sheik now and he has done that to Armada too. I started winning the ditto (mostly because I had control) until half the match and started screwing up and letting him get in and finally suiciding. Dittos </3 :embarrass:

I guess the thing that most hurt me in the dittos is that I like to play a Zoner/Spacer Peach. I gotta learn to be a little more aggro sometimes although I switch a lot during the match but most of the time is Zoning.

Goal for Evo2013/Gen3 is to improve that and go in more. Also find a way to get my tech skill on point (with a dead community -.-). I had Mango and a campy *** Fox on the brackets which I should have beaten (Sol), lol. :woman:

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
I was hoping to get a group picture of DoH, Mccain, Vanz and I at Apex so I could do a mean girls photoshop.

john!

Smash Hero
i only rly see like 4 names when i post here. VanZ, DoH, RoseDemon, MacD. KirbyKaze as well but mostly it's tl;dr.

I don't read wake, xyzz, john! and the other d-listers.

no one prolly reads my posts and here i am being all elitest.
wake is better than both you and alan.

yeah i said it

Wake

Smash Master
Oh jeez. I was going to ignore VA LOL, especially since my post right before that was an attempt to look out for international players... such as VA. I appreciate it though John, not sure if I agree though haha.

Alan, I'd love to play you sometime. I miiiight be able to make it to Gen3. MN is just so far away :(.

VA

Smash Hero
lol i didn't mean to offend y'all. it's more of a comment on my own ego and idiotic attention to 'known' players. i doubt ppl read posts by me much. what's my best achievement? getting 7th in europe a couple of times and beating leffen once (nearly twice).

lol ima beat armada one day jus u wait.

MacD

i read your posts, if only for entertainment value

and if you try to offer up advice and noobs don't listen that is their loss. i don't think they should take everything you say as the law of the land, but you have things you could say that would help out people, especially if they are asking about something you specifically are good at.

with that being said i played some melee last night, teams only, but i was practicing all my tech skill stuff. i got bored/tired after like 1 1/2 hours, but that could have been a result of who we were playing with and it was my bed time. freaking life just trolling me so hard right now

VA

Smash Hero
idk i find the whole advice thing kind of weird. it's hard to tell ppl how much ups work. i don't find there is a 'best way' to play melee and personal style is so prevalent that it's hard to tell ppl what they 'should' be doing.

i will try to chip in more often i think....

MacD

it's easier when there are vids as opposed to just "hey how do i deal with marth"

but i agree, i just tell people what i do and if it works for you cool, if it doesn't, then whatever.

like, i'm soooooooo upset with the way armada edge guards marth but whatever dude, he gets it done

PMsurveys

Smash Rookie
Hi! I have a bunch of peach related questions : D

First of all, can someone break this down for me?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=vBVMCPxdG-g#t=153s
My assumptions: Hold down and press shield right before getting hit by Usmash to tech the floor.
Questions about it:
  • Does this have a threshold % where it will stop working?
  • What is the frame advantage for peach when she techs up after being hit by fox's usmash?
  • Can different variations of holding down work for this, such as down/towards fox (to help you get behind him should he drill instead of Usmash)?

Next, does anyone have any ideas about what peach can do to spacies after an Uthrow when there's a platform above them at mid/low%? I find that usually I can't reach the platform in time to do anything before they shield. Can one full hop Dair their shield to get beside them or is that too unsafe on shield? Any "platform snapping" techniques with peach that work to start pressure? Dthrow better for these scenarios instead of uthrow?

woo woo : D

Top Bottom