• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VaNz Stuff.. about Peach (Tactical Discussion)

Xyzz

Smash Champion
New original nitendo control sticks also offer more resistance. How much of that you want is pretty much personal preference... some people reallly like new sticks, others want theirs a bit more worn out.

Personally I don't really mind... give me two hours to get a feel for the controller and I'm good to go :)
But yeah, you might take a bit longer than that to get used to a new controller

K@$h

Smash Cadet
i have some adequate controllers they just don't have the rubber on them so they kill the thumb. how do you guys cope with/fix the the control sticks? ive been trying to figure out a way to make them viable again

AozoraX

Smash Apprentice
My first GC controller I got really used to the control stick. It was wobbly but it still worked with a little bit of control. But too loose sucks and too taut is weird. Everyone seems to have this unique thing when they "break-in" their controllers.
no johns

Xyzz

Smash Champion
i have some adequate controllers they just don't have the rubber on them so they kill the thumb. how do you guys cope with/fix the the control sticks? ive been trying to figure out a way to make them viable again
I've mentioned the probably easiest way a few posts earlier: Just open the controller and replace the rubber stick :) (for help on opening controllers find Kadanos post... I trust you know how to use google / the forum search).

OliClutch117

Smash Apprentice
Lol, well reason why i did say used is because another thing with this "New controller" is that it wasnt worn out. It had like a barrier feeling as i moved the Control stick for the first time and it really put a hamper on my playing. Is that some new control stick feel or does this go back to the whole "No nintendo logo" fiasco?
Well newer sticks do offer more resistance. I think that this was the fact that it was a knock off, my friend used to have one and the buttons and sticks felt terrible. With the knock offs everything feels clunky and takes forever to get used to ,if it doesn't break in two weeks.

Composeur

Smash Ace
In general, the control sticks and the L/R buttons are the wildcards from controller to controller (assuming they're authentic Nintendo GC controllers). As Xyzz says, if you have a tri-wing screwdriver and fine motor skills, you can open up a wounded controller and replace the control stick if you're attached to the rest of the controller. I had to do this last year because the concentric rings on the stick's rubber cap had worn down until it was almost smooth. The new control stick has started to do this, too. My friends are all bewildered by it and have never had the same problem. I'm wondering if it's because of the way I'm handling the stick while floating--I don't use the claw grip and I don't believe the sweat from my hands is any more acidic/corrosive than normal. It's now getting harder and harder to keep my thumb from slipping off in a variety of circumstances. Do any other Peach mains have this issue?

Juggleguy told me that the Wii Nunchuck's control stick has the same dimensions as the GC's and that I could swap one in for improved texture/grip without compromising functionality. Anyone have any idea?

Purpletuce

Smash Lord
As somebody with a controller that has a Wii nunchck joystick in one controller:

It FITS the same inside the controller, but it is longer, and doesn't start with the grip rings to begin with it. I think it has the main benefit of being longer, so you get more precise control of your joystick (I used this when I first started to shield drop.) I would only really suggest it if your current joystick is really bad (rubber coming off).

Jayk

Smash Apprentice
The old controllers are so nice.
My dog took a big ol' chomp on the left handle of mine, and its still the best controller I've used.

AozoraX

Smash Apprentice
So, any new tips on the Sheik matchup? By that I mean if we're discovering/have discovered any new workarounds to her moves? We know Nair works wonders on Fair but I haven't heard anything super-effective that works when she's whipping out Bairs like Puff. Low Uairs or Bairs? What if Sheik falls from a platform REALLY fast? I'm working on FC-Nair in a split second.

Purpletuce

Smash Lord
Wii classic joystick = wii nunchuck joystick

Interchangeable parts. Remember that they are both longer than the gamecube ones, so it will take a bit to get accustomed to.

MaPow

Smash Apprentice
I heard that dashdancing, WDing, and just moving around smoothly is harder with the classic stick since it's so tall, but I guess u could get used to it plus it may look cool. Maybe you could replace the cstick with one too, but I'm not sure because I tried to put a normal control stick in the cstick slot, but it stuck :(

Purpletuce

Smash Lord
I used it for quite a while, you can get accustomed to it, the only problem I really had was getting it to neutral quickly (probably because the controller was old) and I had trouble with shield drop nair and shffl nair approaches. I had an easier time when I got a white controller.

Go for the Wii stick, fun experiment.

OliClutch117

Smash Apprentice
Yea that's why I'm doing it on my backup see if it works and if I prefer it then the classic has two sticks so I can transfer the other to my main controller. Sounds fun though.

AozoraX

Smash Apprentice
I did earlier... ShroudedOne did one for Falco but not one for Sheik, which I think is the hardest matchup ever.

Babatunde

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BABS!
3DS FC
2938-7558-8507
You guys know how when platform reading a spacie it's Uair at low percent, Nair at high percent? I assume that Uair would be the better option @ low percent due to it having a bit more knockback, but what exactly are all the options after hitting with it?

AozoraX

Smash Apprentice
Here's something worth debating/critiquing; Doubles matches. I usually team with a Sheik/Ganon/Doc.
http://youtu.be/eFlGo86ePTw for the match sets (I'm the green one)

Trying to improve our game hard and would like universal thoughts and specific things to pinpoint as a doubles partner. Feel free to use the video as a standpoint for shots and stuff. Thoughts on double Fox?

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
someone once told me that nair is a better edgeguard on angled firefoxes when they can't sweetspot even if they ride the stage. Is this true? i figured the extra range on fair would make it easier to time, but they made it sound like you could reactively nair as the firefox goes over the lip. Just curious what people's thoughts on this are. Fair/nair to edgeguard the firefox when it rides the stage? obviously dair is better if they can sweetspot, but especially at high percent a fair/nair will kill

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
I find it is easier to hit them out of firefox with fair provided you have time to space and get it out

AozoraX

Smash Apprentice
The great part about Fireanimal moves is that pretty much anything destroys it. Peach's Nair, Dair, Fair, all of these will snipe it if you're doing for style points and hard hits. Fair takes work, though. Bair though, best move. Still hits hard and sends them or juggles them out with no escape. A spacey is forced to make a decision to the ledge, straight, or up. None of these benefit them unless you get careless.

Babatunde

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BABS!
3DS FC
2938-7558-8507
Is Dair to Nair really ALWAYS best when you know the spacie is gonna sweetspot the ledge?
I say this because i think it's as if Dair kinda pokes through the ledge if you at the right spot.

AozoraX

Smash Apprentice
Good species of spacies will probably DI down to escape from it. It just means they have to fire up again. They get so much damage in the process they eventually get nailed anyway. It's a matter of not them but timing the dair so it kicks the moment they get near the edge. So yeah, id say dair to nair is always a great option. But what I found really messed up is that often a late fireup has this weird hitbox that seems to hit, throwing you off. Maybe I just suck.

Personally, I've found that dair to nair is great vs sweet spotting... And surprisingly enough bair, too. If they're sweet spotting you could also just ledge hog if they come straight. But that's the glorious part about being Peach, you get to play with your food.

VA

Smash Hero
Depends what kind of beating out Fox/Falco up B ur talking about.

If ur trying for an interrupt in the start up, before he moves, I would almost never use nair on fox. u can use it if u want to trade, a la armada vs mango fourstock, otherwise it's too risky and hard to space without trading. fair is way easier.

vs falco ofc always go for nair, there's nothing stopping u, it's free and way better than bair and u have have better options floating forward.

from the edge, as armada said a little while ago, nair is better than bair. i think this depends on ur opponent partially. depending on what they're likely/able to go for, bair can be useful as when u land bair u have enough time to grab a turnip between the hit and then u can dair > turnip if they DI.

basically if u hit them and are going to try keeping them off, get a turnip in between ur FC aerial where possible. it's **** for going off the stage with. otherwise u do have to just dair/bair until they die/get their recovery right which is giving them more chances.

OliClutch117

Smash Apprentice
Please post the results of your experiments here! I'm quite interested in your findings.
So far it is pretty enjoyable Dash Dancing and Wavedashing are a bit harder to do and I still prefer my standard controller, but it is very fun to use and I might stick with it after a couple months of practice with it.
The stick is taller and it made doing anything feel awkward and stiff for awhile. It moves very well and it works perfectly. Overall my gameplay is just a lot stiffer with it.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I think dair is optimal simply because you just turnip ASAP if you see them drop and then if they SDI out of it again then you just run off and use the turnip to gimp them in some way. Her other edge guards on a Firefox going up against the wall or such can fall prey to wall jump tech into illusion hog, which basically ends your edge guard. Now, because of human error you can sometimes d-smash after a bair or such to kill them but then they can just wall jump so they're above d-smash's hitboxes and THEN illusion, which may result in you being gimped or u-smashed / uaired which sucks.

If their squeeze is imperfect you could also wait for their head to pass overhead and bair / fair. Sometimes if you hog a space animal's up+B sweetspot squeeze, you can get them to just barely go above the stage (which enables stuff like the aforementioned bair / fair to work). Or you could just be good at dair.

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
only problem is that you don't want to have momentum when spacing the dair or they'll hit you.. so if I have time I try to take the dair. but otherwise I want to go for either fair/nair. Anyway thanks for the opinions. Now I am really curious what armada actually said about nair being better than bair for edgeguarding.

I think that fair would hit sweetspot better than fair in that situation, which is probably why I go for that instead of nair. Nair can't hit as low as fair, can it?

Top Bottom