• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Vampire Diaries & Barbie Escapades: A Lady's Tale from the Crypt: Campfire Sleepover

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Then it's a bad gambit for the reasons I explained in my last post.

You don't make a gambit that relies on people believing there's a 100% chance of a scum lynch, and then assume that the first person that realises "wait, there's a 100% chance of a scum lynch here" is actually scum somehow.

That's a bad gambit that's just going to divert attention away from scum. If anyone has noticed I'm the only one answering questions around here, scum is obviously going to jump on the chance to lynch me, so if someone would answer my questions, with something other than "wait my last post was a joke YOU'RE scum", then we'll see how flimsy this whole attempt at trying to lynch me actually is.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Plus an answer to this question:

What removes the town gambit situation, where town is trying to get reads or get the game going?

Did this ever cross your mind?
You mean has it ever crossed the mind of litterally the only person answering questions and actually trying to make something happen, who also said this:

God if the scum can take control of the sheer apathy of this place they've got a surefire win.
No one seems to be doing anything except trying to lynch me and refusing to answer why. If you believe me to be scum it should be easy to explain why, if you don't then why are you voting for me?

If TPK isn't a daycop and instead made a bad gambit then that leads us to the fact that it would've been better for me to not look for scum and instead be apathetic for towards the situation. If someone would explain their lynch on me then it would help get rid of this feeling that I'm the only one doing anything and I shouldn't have in the first place because, for some unknown reason, it just ended up giving scum 2 easy kills.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
J you've been viewing this thread for 10 minutes, you could've spent that time explaining why you voted for me.
Apologies. I view from my phone a lot and sometimes leave it on and it shows me viewing the thread.

An explanation J?
I day-copped you wouldn't be a good enough answer would it?

Well for me, I don't see you looking for scum, Pluvia, instead I see you more looking for lynches which is scummy. You aren't really looking at intent for JTB nor giving him a fair chance once he came into the game. What makes you 100% certain that it isn't a gambit like RR said? I just feel that you are not looking at a broader scope of things and yes you may be asking questions but they seem disgenuine.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Which means you don't believe I'm looking for scum when I pointed out:

TPK telling the truth = scum lynch.

TPK lying = TPK being scum or TPK making a bad gambit as it relies on the statement that we're guaranteed a 100% scum lynch chance.

You believe I'm not looking for scum when I point that out, and therefore I'm scum?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
You are more focused on setting up lynches. I mean look Pluvia, you are essentially setting up D1-D2 lynches back to back if TPK is lying.

So you feel TPK is telling the truth, 100%? That's your theory so far.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Also we need to stop with the I'm a daycop.

Oh wait now I'm not.

Those posts aren't contributing anything and maybe it's better to be consistantly honest in a game that relies on you being honest.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
I feel that TPK is telling the truth because if he isn't that makes him scum.

Don't you see? If he's lying it's going to be glaringly obvious come day 2, and that means he's scum, because he intentionally set up a town lynch under the statement "I'm a cop he's scum".

Scum wouldn't say that. Scum wouldn't deliberately set themselves up for an incredibly easy day 2 lynch. It's not me calling for day 2 lynches, it's me pointing out that TPK is either telling the truth or has set himself up for a day 2 lynch.

I'm taking the chance that he's telling the truth and isn't actually a scum stupid enough to set himself up for a guaranteed day 2 lynch. If he's lying, ok we lynched a town that's bad, but that doesn't change the fact that we now know TPK is scum. If he's telling the truth we lynch scum.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I feel that TPK is telling the truth because if he isn't that makes him scum.

Scum wouldn't say that. Scum wouldn't deliberately set themselves up for an incredibly easy day 2 lynch. It's not me calling for day 2 lynches, it's me pointing out that TPK is either telling the truth or has set himself up for a day 2 lynch.

I'm taking the chance that he's telling the truth and isn't actually a scum stupid enough to set himself up for a guaranteed day 2 lynch. If he's lying, ok we lynched a town that's bad, but that doesn't change the fact that we now know TPK is scum. If he's telling the truth we lynch scum.
You contradict yourself here Pluvia. You say scum wouldn't put themselves into a position to set themselves up for a D2 lynch. However you say that if TPK is lying, he is scum. So can I ask which is it exactly?

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
That's not a contradiction, I explain why I believe he's telling the truth it the sentence before the one you bolded. Then I explain what happens if it turns out he's lying, and you bolded it.

Why do you believe that scum would set themselves up for a day 2 lynch?

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Hey Pluvia, how about we just lynch TPK? Then if he happens to flip daycop, you have your lynch toMorrow.

Vote: TPK

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
You bolded a lot I only noticed the last one.

Still, it's not hard to notice my change in gramatical tense in that last sentence, it's only a contradiction if you ignore that.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
My bad on the grammar slip-up.

However, Pluvia, tell me. What if we were to lynch TPK toDay and he was to flip a role not scum and not Day-cop? What would that do for you in terms of reads?

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
TPK is going to get killed in the night if he is actually a cop. Scum wont want him alive obviously. If we lynch him and he is a cop that means scum gets rid of the cop and a free kill on a town, and another town on day 2 whilst we lynch you JTB.

If you're town that's still bad, but not as disaterous as lynching a cop.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
J, TPK is going to speak today, I'm not going to play hypotheticals on someone who isn't here to give us more information. That's a pointless excercise that really seems to be an attmept to distract us from the current situation.

D

Deleted member

unvote
have an appointment right now so I'll actually post in 3 hours

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
Oh boy, time for Pluvia dumb:

Pluvia, you are so dumb. So really, really dumb.

I'm going to keep it as simple as it gets: Remember your first mafia game when you replaced in (forgot the name, I think it was Housepets)? Remember how when you joined in, we made you believe we already knew you were guilty and you basically slipped up (we didn't act on it, because we are bad, but that's another story)?
We blatantly lied to your face, no one knew you were guilty, but it was a freaking gambit to get a read on you. A gambit set up by town.

This is exactly what is happening here, TPK is setting up a gambit. Red Ryu did this like every game, he pulled the Day-Cop out of his *** on D1 on an inexpierenced player. That's why TPK did it on SW96, because he's got no idea it is a gambit. Apparently he had no idea what was going on whatsoever and replaced out, and JTB obviously knows it's a gambit, so it's useless anyway.

Thankfully, the gambit did give us this: Pluvia is dumb or noobscum trying to set up lynches. How can you even DEFEND what you're saying if you are town? If X flips town then Y MUST be scum. On a freaking gambit. On Day 1. When confronted with this possibility you say "well it's just a bad gambit we should continue the plan anyway." You're completely denying the possibility.

Get it through your head: TPK IS NOT A COP HE RUINED HIS CHANCES OF US BELIEVING HE WAS COP WITH THIS GAMBIT BUT TPK IS NOT COP.
Pluv, you're on my "Would-lynch-no-questions-asked" list.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
Here's Johnny!

I called him scum after 3 posts. Obviously that was a ****ing shot in the dark, I had nothing on him except this:
What no don't vote me. :c
Him not liking votes on him and the sad smiley faces vaguely remind me of his scum play in DG game. Oh well, nothing serious, just wanted to know what John would say to a RVS vote.

"Hey Guus, what did you find?"
"Hey plan on answering this Guus?"
Eager to find out what a reason I could possibly have for a bull**** RVS vote after posts. This reeks of desperation. Then there's the fact that John hasn't said anything of use yet, only asked empty questions, another trademark of Johnscum.

Now since it's only 100 posts in, of course I don't want to lynch him yet, he's not confirmed scum, but I'll definitely keep my eye out for John.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
Oh and I forgot this:

TPK claims day-cop, awesome! We got a gambit going on SW96, this could work out fine. But wait! Someone HAS to come in and expose it and show he is smart and recognizes gambits first, right? Don't worry, we always have John for that!

Wasn't it Ruy's job to claim daycop, though?
Way to deflate the whole gambit, John, jesus christ, this is why SW96/JTB is possibly your scumbuddy. You know SW96 can't handle the pressure of a gambit, so you kill the gambit?

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
FYI, I have nothing legit on John, I just didn't answer to see how he and others would react to the silence. I'm not expecting his lynch Today.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
I'm going to keep it as simple as it gets: Remember your first mafia game when you replaced in (forgot the name, I think it was Housepets)? Remember how when you joined in, we made you believe we already knew you were guilty and you basically slipped up (we didn't act on it, because we are bad, but that's another story)?
We blatantly lied to your face, no one knew you were guilty, but it was a freaking gambit to get a read on you. A gambit set up by town.
A gambit which failed catastrophically as I was scum and the only one to make it out of that game alive, you forgot to mention.

Why would someone repeat a gambit like that when it doesn't work?

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Also I don't know where everyone's getting the idea that because TPK set up a gambit that automatically makes him town. In my books that just makes him a liar that called for a lynch, for the sole reason of setting up a lynch on the first person that pointed out the 100% chance of a scum kill, on day 1 or 2.

Plus at the end of the gambit what did we learn? That JTB is.. ? That I'm scum because.. ?

Terrible gambit that failed completely the last time it was used and did exactly the same thing this time. It shouldn't take 2 attempts at something to learn.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
What I learned from the gambit is that you're dumb and possibly noobscum. We learned nothing from JTB because it was mad obvious it was a gambit to everyone but apparently to you.
Last time it failed because we were *******. As you said, it shouldn't take 2 attempts to learn, so we (I?) learned from the last time, tried to do better now. Doesn't mean you shouldn't do gambits at all.
Another thing, the gambit got us out of RVS partially, brought up a lot of content for me and so on.

The whole point of the gambit was to get us out of RVS and get a read on players (not just JTB)
I don't know what TPK thinks, but I'd say it worked out on both fronts.

I'm not saying TPK is auto-town, what I am saying, is that there is really no indication that he's any more town than scum. If we were to follow through with your crazy idea of lynching JTB and then TPK, and TPK happened to be town we would be down FOUR townies. That's 5 people with (my guess?) 2 scum. Yeah, amazing scenario Pluv, I'd really love that!

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
In my books that just makes him a liar that called for a lynch, for the sole reason of setting up a lynch on the first person that pointed out the 100% chance of a scum kill, on day 1 or 2.
P.S. TPK isn't pushing for this, he hasn't done **** this game yet. It's me who's saying that you should be lynched for such a dumb idea.

I hope you take this a learning moment to recognize gambits and notice that they are not as clear-cut as "oh he must be scum if it's not true."

;):):):)

D

Deleted member

okay here we go.
pluvia this is NOT the f***ing debate hall, this isn't about you being "right" and others being "wrong". christ.

(I'm going to jump kind of back and forth chronologically)
the daycop gambit is NOT a lynching gambit, it is an information gambit. And you have to admit we're getting a lot [out of you] thanks to the gambit.
No, I am not town for doing the damn gambit, it is a null even if we were to somehow lynch JTB
in #44 you make it clear you already know the daycop gambit is a thing you know, but you keep acting (#63-69) as if I was actually serious with my daycop thing. I wanna know, did you at that point actually thing we would lynch JTB because of my claim?

I really wonder, if I would have chosen you as target for the gambit, how would you have responded? By your logic we would lynch you, see I was lying, [nightkill], lynch me. which would be 2town for 1scum, a good trade for town.

Other than that J and Guus already gave a good explanation So I'll refrain from repeating things.
----
Doll I want your opinion on the whole gambit thing and on me and pluvia

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
okay here we go.
pluvia this is NOT the f***ing debate hall, this isn't about you being "right" and others being "wrong". christ.
If you could quote what you're talking about that would be helpful.

(I'm going to jump kind of back and forth chronologically)
the daycop gambit is NOT a lynching gambit, it is an information gambit. And you have to admit we're getting a lot [out of you] thanks to the gambit.
No, I am not town for doing the damn gambit, it is a null even if we were to somehow lynch JTB
in #44 you make it clear you already know the daycop gambit is a thing you know, but you keep acting (#63-69) as if I was actually serious with my daycop thing. I wanna know, did you at that point actually thing we would lynch JTB because of my claim?

I really wonder, if I would have chosen you as target for the gambit, how would you have responded? By your logic we would lynch you, see I was lying, [nightkill], lynch me. which would be 2town for 1scum, a good trade for town.

Other than that J and Guus already gave a good explanation So I'll refrain from repeating things.
----
Doll I want your opinion on the whole gambit thing and on me and pluvia
You claimed to be a cop. A bunch of nothing being contributed from everyone, to the point where I pointed it out, and SW's non-response and sudden leave spiked a noobscum who has been caught trigger for me, and JTB's odd response to try and pin a scum target on me, when really he has nothing, spiked more scummy behaviour.

If you played your gambit on me it would be simple, I'm not scum, therefore there would be nothing you could do to make me look like scum after one odd gambit. The one thing I wouldn't do is nothing, then a post with nothing, then leave, then try to say the person pointing out the gambit is scum. I would automatically assume they're scum so I would just talk to the rest of the town.

Also I wasn't talking about your gambit, I was talking about whatever Guus' was doing being incredibly transparent due to him constantly refusing to answer questions.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
The person I'd say is most likely to be scum after this whole situation is J, thanks to that terrible attempt at taking advantage of the situation and really trying to pin scum on me.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I've never seen a real daycop in DGames, mostly because it's unbalanced to hell without scum having proper counter measures, this is why Daycop is generally frowned upon.

From a balance perspective, daycop really is a very very hard claim to swallow.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
You claimed to be a cop. A bunch of nothing being contributed from everyone, to the point where I pointed it out, and SW's non-response and sudden leave spiked a noobscum who has been caught trigger for me, and JTB's odd response to try and pin a scum target on me, when really he has nothing, spiked more scummy behaviour.
See this is the problem, your not reading for intent.

If you played your gambit on me it would be simple, I'm not scum, therefore there would be nothing you could do to make me look like scum after one odd gambit. The one thing I wouldn't do is nothing, then a post with nothing, then leave, then try to say the person pointing out the gambit is scum. I would automatically assume they're scum so I would just talk to the rest of the town.
Again your not reading into the player, did SW96 understand what was going on? I've never seen him in a mafia game, nor did I get a chance to ask him, did you?

Your assuming everyone understand mafia and most things about it, SW96 clearly didn't, hence his not commenting on it and the quick replacement after Jim's post.

Also I wasn't talking about your gambit, I was talking about whatever Guus' was doing being incredibly transparent due to him constantly refusing to answer questions.
He is though....

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Last match I was in, whoever it was, had something like 3 powers. They could investigate people too, and it would've worked if they never pretended that they investigated John when they never.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Guus never answered John, or my, questions for ages.

I passed that off as having a gambit that fell through and then a weird attempt at trying to not slip up and reveal he's scum by trying to avoid answering the question.

Basically a lot of this could have been avoided if more people answered questions and asked them, I don't know what everyone's so scared of, scum already know that you're not scum so what was with the strange silence from everyone?

D

Deleted member

you're completely avoiding my question by only stating what you wouldn't do and using it as an excuse to keep making stabs at the gambit.

how would you actually respond? I would play the gambit, some people would play along and also vote. what would you post?

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
Yeah, almost forgot about that as well, thanks for trying to cockblock me there because you were the only one who thought we actually had a legit scum target. Really, what the actual ****.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
Basically a lot of this could have been avoided if more people answered questions and asked them, I don't know what everyone's so scared of, scum already know that you're not scum so what was with the strange silence from everyone?
Apathy, you learn to deal with it in Mafia. About 50% of the players do nothing, all content comes from the other 50%.

Top Bottom