• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Vampire Diaries & Barbie Escapades: A Lady's Tale from the Crypt: Campfire Sleepover

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
Hello & welcome to Vampire Diaries & Barbie Escapades: A Lady's Tale from the Crypt: Campfire Sleepover!*

Dedicated To: Rockin

[collapse=Rule Set]Rules:
1) Please enjoy this game and do not act in a manner that would make the game unenjoyable for others. This includes personal attacks.
¤You will receive a non-negotiable warning for your first offense [forced replacement pending] and immediate forced replacement upon second offense.
2) The Game Moderator is Xiivi and all official information and rulings will come directly from the Game Moderator. Any appointed Co-Moderators by the Game Moderator may do so as well. Yoyo: You Only #yolo Once is currently the only appointed Co-Moderators.
3) Editing your posts is not allowed, and multi-posting is instead encouraged in its place. Any and all edits will be reversed.
4) If you are allowed to communicate with another player outside of this thread, then please follow the communication instructions within your role PM. If there are no specific communication instructions within your role PM then you are unable to converse with any other person about this game with exception of the Game Moderator and Co-Moderators. This includes anyone you believe to be a non-player and anyone you believe to be dead and/or removed/replaced from the game. This applies while you are living, dead, and/or removed/replaced from the game. You do have full knowledge of the mechanics of the game but regardless you should not assume you are free to communicate outside of these instructions or those in your role PM. These communication rules last until the game's conclusion.
¤You will receive a warning [modkill pending] for your first offense and immediate modkill upon second offense.
5) Do not quote role PMs or any other form of communication with the Game Moderator unless your role PM explicitly states you can (in which case follow the instructions in your role PM). You may paraphrase your role PM as you see fit, but keep everything in your own words!
¤You will receive an immediate modkill [pending review] upon this offense.
6) Your ability to follow [or ability to contact the Game Moderator for clarification] the rules and any instructions in your role PM serves as your confirmation for this game. There is no official confirmation phase. Please see the disclaimer at the bottom of this post.
7) All votes must follow the format of "Vote: NAME" and be easily noticeable. Typos, errors in the format, and awkward placement will be counted at the Game Moderator's discretion; the Game Moderator will not answer if something will or will not be counted. All official Vote Counts will serve as the answer to whether or not something is counted.
8) You are not required to unvote, however if you do, then please use the format of "Unvote:". The same rules for counting unvotes apply as per votes outlined in Rule #7.
9) No Lynch is a valid vote target.
10) A lynch will occur when a majority of votes has been reached.
11) If a majority has not been reached at deadline, then No Lynch is forced as the lynch target.
12) A) Deadline for the Day Phase will equal a time of five days.
12) B) Deadline for the Night Phase will equal a time of twenty-four hours.
13) During any day phase a player may perform the command "Request: Deadline Extension". The deadline will be extended by two days if a majority of players perform this command. This can only be done twice over the course of the game and the deadline will not be extended for any other reason; including site error. It is expected players will be aware of all deadlines [regardless of placement or frequency of posting] and will accommodate and be prepared for any such interference.
15) Twilight Phase will occur between Day Phase and Night Phase for a variable period. All living players including any lynch targets will be allowed to communicate in thread until a Night start scene is posted.
16) After your death and/or removal/replacement from the game you are not allowed to post in the game thread until the game has concluded.
17) A) You are expected to maintain a healthy level of activity in this game. If you have pre-planned absence, then please notify the game mod ahead of time and you will not be prodded. However if your absence is for an unreasonable amount of time, you may be forcibly replaced regardless of advance notification.
17) B) You will receive a prod every forty-eight hour period you do not post without note of V/LA within the game thread. V/LA declared outside the game thread or privately to a Game Moderator may or may not be honoured and thus should not be depended upon.
17) C) If you go for a period of five days without posting or acknowledging prods, you will be replaced or modkilled at the Game Moderator's discretion.
17) D) The five day grace period will be shortened by one day, to a minimum of two days, for every two prods you receive.
18) Failure to adhere to rules will result in replacement or modkill based on the moderator's discretion.
19) Please avoid coloured font (including transparent or background-matching colours) in your posts. All colours used in this post are strictly forbidden for use as they are the colours the game moderator will be using.
20) You may ask questions to the Game Moderator using the command: "@Mod: ___". The Game Moderator will answer questions with the command: "#Mod: ___".
21) Please do not post in code (such as javascript, binary, etc...), hidden text (this does not include spoiler tags or collapse tags) , or languages other than English.
22) You may not post screenshots [print screens] or anything resembling a screenshot [print screen]. These will be edited out by the Game Moderator immediately.
¤This offense will result in a warning or possible immediate modkill on a case to case basis.
23) Hydras may freely quote text logs of conversations. However, hydras are illegal in this game.
24) You may not quote logs of communication with other players if your role PM allows you to communicate with other players outside of this thread. You are free to paraphrase.
¤This offense will result in an immediate modkill.
25) If you have an issue with any of these rules you may privately appeal for a rule's removal via PM.
26) You may privately notify me via PM if you feel another player has violated any rule.
27) Any and all technical data (including PM ID#, Time Sent, View Count, File Name, URL address, etc...) is considered private information and cannot be quoted or referenced. A colour, front, image, etc... in your role PM is not technical data.
¤This offense will result in an immediate modkill.
28) Modkills during the Day Phase end said phase, skipping the Twilight Phase if the player is Town-aligned. It is important to note that if you are modkilled for a reason that could not have been resolved via forced replacement, your win condition will be changed to that of survival upon the modkill.
29) Punishments not outlined previously but still applicable at the Game Moderator's discretion include both black-listing from future games as well as your win condition being changed to that of survival after your death.
30) Non-players may request access to a Green Room Quick-Topic to discuss the game amongst one another via PM to the Game Moderator. Dead players may or may not have access to this as well dependent upon private game mechanics.[/collapse]

[collapse=Players & Lists]Official Player List:
1. Cherished Doll
2. Gatlin Raziek
3. J
4. Jim Morrison
5. John2k4
6. Pluvia
7. Red Ryu
8. SW96 JTB
9. The Paprika Killer

Living Player List:

1. Cherished Doll
2. Gatlin Raziek
3. J
4. Jim Morrison
5. John2k4
6. Pluvia
7. Red Ryu
8. SW96 JTB
9. The Paprika Killer

Dead Player List:
N/A

Replacement Pool:
N/A
[Please PM me if you would like to serve as a replacement; slots are unlimited.]

Important Posts:
N/A[/collapse]

[collapse=Set-Up]This is a Closed Set-up for 9 Players with all roles randomly assigned only player-wise and not flavour-wise. The flavour takes various female characters from various sources as a mock-parody of Rockin's old sleepover mafia games. It is not wise to attempt to analyse the flavour due to this.
I confirm the absence of the following Independent Roles in this set-up: Contract Hitman, Jester, Mime, Politician, Rogue, Siblings, Survivor
I do not confirm the presence or absence of all other Independent Roles.
I confirm there is a Town faction [called Town in this game] and there is at least one Mafiosi faction; although I do not confirm the number of Mafiosi factions [any and all game-specific names unspecified].
I do not confirm the presence or absence of alignment-altering roles.
I do not confirm that all information relayed from the Game Moderator in private is strictly accurate; although possibly incomplete.
I do confirm that all information relayed from the Game Moderator in public is strictly accurate; although possibly incomplete.
I confirm this game will use Natural Action Resolution.
Here is a sample PM:[collapse=Example]

When you received the invitation to Ann Romney's campfire sleepover, you were ecstatic for the opportunity to spend a whole night sharing scary stories with your fellow female friends. However, when she also offered for you to co-host the sleepover, you were jumping for joy. Now you've found yourself in a situation that is quickly spiraling out of control and turning into its own horror story. You must correct this before its too late! After all, if you're up too late, you'll miss your date tomorrow morning with Stefan Salvatore.

Role: Elena Gilbert, Vanilla Townie
Abilities: Your only abilities are your voice and vote; now's the time to make them count!
Win Condition: You win once all threats to the campfire sleepover are eliminated.[/collapse][/collapse]

[collapse=About the Game Moderator]Xiivi: I am an Admin on this site and specifically a moderator of Decisive Games. I first played mafia on this site, in a game titled 'Disney Mafia' hosted by former moderator of Decisive Games 'Tom' which can be accessed in the archive. I have since played and hosted on this site, mafiascum, and others. I often go into extremely long technical wording for my games, both in the rules and the role PMs. I will often use many types of roles in order to keep the metagame diverse for players. This includes roles I dislike, disagree with, feel are unbalanced, know are unconventional, have as experimental, make from scratch, etc... I do not believe cookie cutter roles are vital, nor do I believe only one of a certain role can exist in a set-up. I feel the game of mafia is naturally balanced against the town for the majority of standard ratios when played out at a competitive level and even moreso when communication is available for non-town factions; this does not mean I will or will not attempt to counter-act for this natural balance. I do aim to make games enjoyable with flavour however it is never a focal point as that belongs to the competitive aspect. I strive for simplicity in set-ups that does not make the night phase a focal point of the game and instead keeps the day phase as the determining factor of the outcome of the game. I believe there is no proof of guilt in this game outside of mechanics and that if that is what you search for when playing you will fail in your attempts to win as town. Instead I believe town is most successful when gauging intent and then convincing others by whatever means necessary to secure a lynch. I believe non-town does not have these restrictions in getting to their win conditions, thus making those roles much easier to win with. I prefer playing as town as I feel it is significantly more challenging than non-town. I hope you play to win, but also to your enjoyment. I don't feel you should continue playing if doing so is not to your enjoyment.[/collapse]
*It is expected that you will have read both this post and your own role PM in full before posting in this thread. You assume all responsibility as a player for any actions you take concerning this game. It is expected that if there is any ambiguity you will first seek the Game Moderator for clarification before pursuing any action you are unclear of.

Xiivi

Premium
BRoomer

"With the upcoming election, an event to better place me in the public eye and garner more donations and fundraising is vital." Ann Romney said to herself. "I simply must thing of something that will be the social event of the year, but still be enjoyable to me."

However, Mrs. Romney found her brainstorming to begin to give her a headache and took reading a book instead. She walked over to the family library and grabbed a book at random from a section she normally didn't visit. She always tried to avoid reading the same literature so she could keep an open mind to all books. The book she had grabbed this go around had an awkward title: The Tale Of The Dead Man's Float. Clearly of the horror genre, Ann didn't allow for it to cause her stray away. She opened the book and began to read the preface.

"A lot of people don't like me the way that I am...always telling me that I need to clean up my act. But sometimes things are the way that they are for a reason. And if you go making changes that shouldn't be made, you could end up with a whole mess of trouble. This story was penned to remind people of this very danger. I call this story: 'The Tale Of The Dead Man's Float'."

The preface hooked Ann from the start, and she immediately jumped into reading the first chapter. Once she was done with it, an idea of sheer brilliance came to he mind: a campfire sleepover! Such an event with all of the most elaborate females in society would certainly be the talk of the town. Not to mention a chance to scare others with ghost stories and enjoy some roasted marshmallows would be great. Of course, no men could be involved in this, for it would become far too rambunctious with their immaturity and crude jokes out in the wilderness. Not to mention having females only would allow for some nice feminine touches to the be done to the whole camping concept. Warming water for some relaxing foot bathes would go off without a hitch! And with that, Ann sat down the book and began making preparations.

First she made sure to invite and secure some prominent co-hosts for the party, who would surely grab the attention of the public. Once that was done, gathering both established and rising female talents would be a must! Once she had everything settled, and in place, Ann went back to finishing her novel. The story was rich with excitement and was sure to get a few good scares from the fellow patrons. She knew doing her own rendition of the tale would be a smash start to the evening.

Once the evening arrived, the group of girls began by getting all of their tents pitched and belongings stowed away. They had gathered at a remote forest in Eerie, Pennsylvania, far from any city lights. It was a warm, crisp evening; ripe for an all-night scare-fest. After roasting some campfire marshmallows to craft some delicious chocolate smores, the girls heated up some buckets of water to use for a relaxing foot bath. With all of the girls settled in, Ann volunteered to share her own horror story first.

"Ladies, I bring to you a Lady's Tale From The Crypt for the Campfire Sleepover: The Tale Of The Dead Man's Float.

Jared was a young lad. He had always found himself on the nerdy side, straying away from sports and especially the water. He had grown up in the small, peaceful town of Eggton, Idaho. By the time he had begun high school, he had never managed the courage to date anyone. At the start of his sophomore year, he made himself a promise that he would at least make an effort to correct that. It certainly didn't take long for him to find a new crush, when a girl transferred from another school. The two shared Chemistry together, and much to his own luck, one day they were placed in a group assignment with one another. There he was able to introduce himself and secured her own name as Evelyn.

As nerdy as he might have been, Jared certainly wasn't perfect with his chemistry. He managed to mess up a reaction or two, causing quite the mess. Evelyn grew annoyed with his klutziness and he needed to find a way to impress her. After a few more weeks, he discovered that Evelyn was on the swim team. Jared had been over the schematics of the school before, and knew that there was an old swimming pool which had long since been closed off for reasons unknown to him. Once he found the entrance, he asked Evelyn to come with him for a surprise. She was stunned to find a pool room bigger than the one the school was using. Together, the two gained the school's approval to reopen the room and worked together with the swim team to get it back into good condition. Little did they know that they had reopened a spot which should have never been returned to.

The two had managed to bond through the experience, and Jared would watch as Evelyn practiced, and they would talk. One the second day of the reopening, Evelyn asked why Jared would never get near the water. He confessed that as a child, he had a traumatic experience where his foot had gotten caught in a lake once and he would have drowned if not for his older brother. Evelyn vowed to help him get over his fear of water, and he allowed her to help him overcome the fear. The next day after school, the two went to the pool. There was a strong odour that came for a moment and then quickly disappeared. The two ignored it and Jared got on a raft and Evelyn helped push it to the middle of the water. After some time drifting in the water, Jared feels brave enough to use his hands to push against the water and move the raft some.

Soon, the strong odour, which Jared says smells like acid, begins to grow stronger. Both are left wondering what it could be, looking for a source, until Jared is seemingly pulled by an invisible force from the raft into the water. Evelyn dives in and is able to pull Jared back onto the raft. Jared claims that there was something that grabbed him and soon they find the raft being hit from underneath. They attempt to waddle the raft close to the edge of the pool in fear, but soon find themselves flipped over and in the water. The situation seems hopeless until a janitor comes to the rescue with an extended pool skimmer for them to grab onto. Once reeled in, the group quickly leaves the pool area.

Once out of the area, the janitor introduces himself as Chuck and says that he was a lifeguard for that very pool before it was closed down. The elderly man begins his tale, explaining that he was dating a girl and allowed for her younger brother to swim in the pool while the two were flirting with one another. However, the young boy soon began screaming for help as he was attacked by an unknown force and pulled under. Although Chuck attempted to save the boy, whatever was pulling him down constantly kept him out of reach and the boy drowned. Despite his warnings of something in the water, Chuck was unable to initially convince the school to close the pool. After similar drownings began to occur, it was finally locked away to be hidden forever. Charlie explained that he researched the pool himself, and noted that there was an old cemetery there before, which had been moved for the pool. His theory being that a body was missed and that the spirit was vengeful for being disturbed.

He had been watching the pool since it was reopened, which is why he was there and able to save the two. However his concerns that the pool would not be able to be closed again until more were hurt gave Jared an idea to stop the spirit. The group went into the chemistry room, where they were able to grab a substance which could be poured into the water and make the acidic creature visible. This would give them a better idea what they were up against and how to handle the situation. When the group returned and poured the chemical into the water, the odourous creature was quick to approach. However, as it did so, the chemical reaction began to give it visibility. This was something they soon began to regret.

The creature was hideous, a skeleton-like creature looking as if it was covered with seaweed and dirt. The creature had a hollow center and looked like a red corpse with a skull head. The group quickly ran in fear as the creature now stepped out of the water towards them. Chuck soon went into a state of shock, laying down in the locker room. However, in their hiding a bubbling comes from a drain and it appears as if the creature is able to form out of the water-acid mixture. The two young ones are able to get Chuck out of harm's way in their shock and make it back to the chemistry room. There they are able to find a base substance which should react with the creature in an explosive manner.

The group returns and are able to lure the creature towards them. However, as Jared attempts to open the container, the container gets knocked out of his hand into the bottom of the pool, still sealed. Evelyn quickly dives in to get it, but the creature quickly goes after her and grabs her leg. Jared jumps in against his fears and is able to pull Evelyn away. As she distracts the creature, Jared dives under and is able to grab the container. Once out of the water the group is able to recompose itself and dose the creature with the chemical when it approaches. The creature quickly began a terrible hissing noise as it melted away in a steaming pile of mist, leaving only water behind.

Chuck is finally able to feel closure, and Evelyn and Jared begin to date. Jared finally able to overcome his fear of water. A few days later, while relaxing in a raft on the pool, the two felt a slight bump on the raft. However nothing further happened, and the two dismissed it as their imagination. Little did they know that their terrors had only just begun..."

The group all clapped for Ann at the end and commented on how scary the tale was. They quickly had some gossip time while having some hot cocoa and debated over who would tell the next story.

D1 Begins!

Deadline: 08.10.12 11:59AM EST
Lynch: 5/9

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
Vote: The Paprika Killer

The stark has visited me tonight and has given me confirmation that once again, TPK will not be doing **** this game, just like all other games. I suggest we lynch him D1 to avoid that crap in later Days.

D

Deleted member

you really need the stark to know that?

vote: guus
might as well add OMGUS to the list right?

John2k4

The End of an Era
I only get to share with one person though. :(

Why do you get to spread to everyone?
Lucky J...

:phone:

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Lucky me indeed. ;)

Playing with a majority of the player list being new people for me is really cool.

John should just buddy me all game.

D

Deleted member

unvote

got somethign but I want more people to post before I will act

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
This game moves much faster than in DGames in terms of getting serious/accusations.

I was hoping for more chill-time to start off.

John2k4

The End of an Era
Ruy always does shenanigans in DR games iirc..

So J I wanna know..why are you not scum this game?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Ruy always does shenanigans in DR games iirc..

So J I wanna know..why are you not scum this game?
I'm always scum though. :( That's not fair.

Because the chick in my role pm looks as awesome as my new avatar. *probably changing it soon lol*

Xiivi

Premium
BRoomer
Vote Count 1: Day 1

Deadline: 08.10.12 11:59AM EST
Lynch: 5/9

Votee: Voters
John2k4: J, Jim Morrison
J: Pluvia, Gatlin
The Paprika Killer: Red Ryu
Red Ryu: John2k4
Gatlin: Cherished Doll
Not Voting: SW96, The Paprika Killer

D

Deleted member

(SW votes are done in bold)

with everyone in here, I drew this nice role called daycop and I decided to check the person I know least, which is SW96. lo and behold I drew a guilty.
Vote: SW96

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
I'm always scum though. :( That's not fair.

Because the chick in my role pm looks as awesome as my new avatar. *probably changing it soon lol*
FYI, this isn't a legit reason for us to believe you're town, and I'm inclined to vote you for this.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
FYI, this isn't a legit reason for us to believe you're town, and I'm inclined to vote you for this.
Of course it's not a legit answer haha. It's an RVS answer to an RVS question.

And what's stopping you from showing what you have on John?

Top Bottom