• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Valdens vs Jamnt0ast finals (11/19) vids

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Wow, you need to learn D-air edgeguards and Bucket Braking.

Neb

Smash Lord
FYI, the date of the match is from 11/19/08.
You presented Bucket Braking at 11/25/08.

That was kinda mean, A2ZOMG.
:p

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Hey, I didn't say he played badly LOL.

Just saying what else he could have done.

But seriously, those were good matches overall.

And yeah sorry, I'm kinda bad at reading dates. But I dunno, I actually did announce Bucket Braking in the G&W BR months ago, but nobody payed any attention to it. <_<

By the way, I announced D-air edgeguard months before I announced Bucket Braking, so I'm like wtf, why doesn't he know this?

K 2

Smash Lord
nice techchase on the 2nd match.

Lol @ ROB's 2nd stock on the third match...

Very nice. Your G&W completed recked than ROB.

Tomkraven

Smash Journeyman
i think your gnw its pretty good, i liked the 3 nairs part... it was cool, you are good edgeguarding...
next time try to get a vid where your oponent doesnt get killed by the stage hehehe

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I stopped watching after the first match. I can't really give you advice unless you play someone close to your skill level. That Rob didn't have the concept of spacing quite down lol.

The only thing I will say is that every time you want to roll, up-b instead.

Valdens

Smash Ace
^ To give credit where it's due, Jamnt0ast is a good player, he really just had no idea what to do vs Game and Watch, haha.

and I've been trying to find a way to incorporate up-b more and that gives me a good idea of how to, thanks =)

Also, AZ2, when ROB is usually recovering fairly high and he's at a percentage that fair might kill him with bad DI, I feel it's a lot better to use than dair, if only for that matchup in particular

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
also, AZ2, when ROB is usually recovering fairly high and he's at a percentage that fair might kill him with bad DI, I feel it's a lot better to use than dair, if only for that matchup in particular
Just saying, if ROB is recovering from below, THAT is when you use D-air.

Better to hit him up than let him get to the ledge unscathed.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
My rob has the concept of spacing. Just not the concept of Mr. Gay man Watch.
Using Nair when GW is standing still in front of you then moving forward completly whiffing the move while moving into his Fsmash twice in the same game /=/ having a concept of spacing. You needlessly fell into many attacks where valdens just sat there and hit you because your spacing was so off.

Valdens

Smash Ace
Just saying, if ROB is recovering from below, THAT is when you use D-air.

Better to hit him up than let him get to the ledge unscathed.
For ROB, at least, I tend to actually like them being on the edge, because the wide majority of ROB's will do their getup attack or sh nair to get back on stage and I can just easily punish either with bair and then follow up with nair ****.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
I don't know how you can say he had too much turtle and key because he hit with both moves nearly every time he used them. There's really no need to be unpredictable when you are being effective.

The matches may have been a bit one sided, but I like your approach to Mr. Game & Watch if for nothing else than the fact that it reminds me way more of my own than any other Mr. Game & Watch I've seen in a video. I understood why you did most of your moves and agreed with the choices most of the time; that made it an enjoyable watch.

If you're looking for areas to hone, I noticed your tech chase game was a bit off in that set. In my experience, very, very few players ever fall for the down throw to jab loop, and it's generally worth seeing if they fall for usmash tech chases first (which I think your particular opponent would have; you got him once). Even if he was hitting the techs, I think you get dash attack out of the tech chase against R.O.B. (and you definitely won't get the jab "chainthrow" if he is hitting the tech).

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
This is why I said it's pointless to critique videos like this. You can do anything you want to players who don't know what they are doing.

omegablackmage

Certified Lion Rider
essentially im telling him this because this method of playstyle WILL fail at higher levels of play, you need to use ALL of your moves and you need to use them sparingly and in a not predictable style. Its no secret that gw's playstyle/metagame falters due to the predictable nature of most gw players. Learn to use all of his moves, use them when its needed, and you will succeed. Im not saying it didn't work against this rob, but would it work against m2k, azen, etc? no probably not

edit: before i get quoted on this 4 months down the road, the only move that gw's should spam is up air.

Valdens

Smash Ace
I'd like to think I only spam THAT much in this particular set because I had his strategy completely figured out and knew exactly how to abuse those moves versus him. Bair and dair spam isn't going to get you very far vs Snake, haha, and I certainly play that matchup (among many others) a lot differently.

It's nice to just have a good old fashioned bair **** fest vs an unprepared opponent now and then though ;p

omegablackmage

Certified Lion Rider
im not trying to be a **** at all, and im not saying your bad gw either, its just annoying when i give advice and people pipe in with the 'but it worked' comment when im trying to just give advice for what not to do at high level play.

Needle of Juntah

Smash Champion
Hey, I didn't say he played badly LOL.

Just saying what else he could have done.

But seriously, those were good matches overall.

And yeah sorry, I'm kinda bad at reading dates. But I dunno, I actually did announce Bucket Braking in the G&W BR months ago, but nobody payed any attention to it. <_<

By the way, I announced D-air edgeguard months before I announced Bucket Braking, so I'm like wtf, why doesn't he know this?
people like u are in the back room... god that makes me sick

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Noj stop making me infract you :mad::mad::mad:.

AZ isn't in the backroom. Or the SBR-B. He's in the GWBR yeah but so are you lmao.

CY

Smash Ace
i don't even know why i'm in this thread, but g&w is lol.

bair all day and it works rofl.

easiest character in the game to play efficiently.

Ruuku

Smash Lord
I have to agree with Hylian on this one. Though I don't think the ROB player had less skill. I think he probably didn't know what to do against a decent G&W.

Jeeze, NoJ.
Wtf got into you?
@_@
I think Snake did.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103

That's why there are a ton of good GW players right?

Lmao

Gates

Banned via Warnings

Post like that in other forums. I dare you.

i don't even know why i'm in this thread, but ddd is lol.

grab all day and it works rofl.

easiest character in the game to play defensively.
i don't even know why i'm in this thread, but mk is lol.

do gay things all day and it works rofl.

easiest character in the game to play homosexually.
i don't even know why i'm in this thread, but ganon is lol.

sideb all day but it doesn't work rofl.

easiest character in the game to play horribly.

ADMJP

Smash Apprentice
honestly, this isnt a good video to critique because half of it was just doing whatever attacks you wanted and it always working. Most matches worth replaying wont be like that. Im pretty sure rob has some decent OoS options for bairs even when spaced decently.

But whatever, good games?

CY

Smash Ace
That's why there are a ton of good GW players right?

Lmao
g&w is really easy to pick up and play.

you can't argue about that. now top level tournament play, g&w may be a little difficult to play and win against top players, can't really speak too much on that though. i'm just saying from my view and playing him and other views of people playing him, he is really easy to pick up and **** face with.

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
g&w is really easy to pick up and play.

you can't argue about that. now top level tournament play, g&w may be a little difficult to play and win against top players, can't really speak too much on that though. i'm just saying from my view and playing him and other views of people playing him, he is really easy to pick up and **** face with.
You can just pick him up and be good with him, spam his aerials(specially the turtle).
Does G&W have any AT's?

Top Bottom