• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Uzi's Fox 101 ~ A Fox Guide

Mecakoto

Smash Journeyman
Wrong board. This is the Fox board. But thanks for the combo tip, I'll try it Weegee later on.

EDIT: Uptiltx2 (Depending on the character) > grab.
Actually, I knew exactly where I was posting this.... I'm well aware that this is the Fox board. Just because I'm a Weegee main doesn't mean I can't have Fox as a secondary. =p

Uzima (Uzi)

Smash Lord
i've gone to training mode and up-tilted on bowser and it showed NO COMBO. but if you time it right on mario it works fine, same for meta knight.

**** combo meter is messed up.

Uzima (Uzi)

Smash Lord
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FgFkOu4xc8

^ why you dont trust the combo meter
cause thats a trip, the combo meter regesters attack trips as your volnurable, and it keeps the combo meter going, it keeps it going till you get up, that happened all the time when i was doing the nair testing, i could do more than one smash attack before hitting the guy and long after he tripped it would still combo.

Uzima (Uzi)

Smash Lord
Bump,
I've been updating this regularly every day since I made it and have added a bunch more stuff.

Plus if any one has anything they would like me to test, that'd be great.

I've finaly got the decay in training code working, so I got a TON more stuff to test out, to keep an eye on this thread.
I see so freaking much potential from decayed nair its not even funny :p

Rudementry

Smash Journeyman
Wow you really put a lotta time and effort into this, good job uzima. I can't wait til I get my fast internet (at&t is installing high speed at my place this week) so I can see some of this stuff pulled off on me in game.

Zhamy

Smash Champion
Wow you really put a lotta time and effort into this, good job uzima. I can't wait til I get my fast internet (at&t is installing high speed at my place this week) so I can see some of this stuff pulled off on me in game.
You have Dialup?

Oh dear. :(

Rudementry

Smash Journeyman
Nah, I have the slowest version of dsl possible. Its absolutely terrible. Across the street they have like the fastest internet possible. I live in an old people's neighborhood though, so no one really complained too much about the internet. I've been calling at&t for 7 years trying to get faster internet. Finally I got a thing in the mail saying our neighborhood's internet would go out for a week because they're upgrading it. I don't know the details but it should be faster. I actually did have dial up for quite awhile...

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Shine>Dash Attack____0%-200%

Shine>up-smash______0%-120%
I dunno man I can't get shine to dash attack or upsmash on anyone. You should post vids of it showing 2 hits.

Until then I won't believe you. :)

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Yah I did.

Can anyone get the shine upsmash consistently? I got it a couple times with bowser but it seems like your dash after the shine has to be pritty frame perfect.

Pritty technical for brawl. I like it.

Anyway anything that leads into an upsmash with Fox is worth pursuing. I mean yah, running shines in brawl is really risky since you're guaranteed to get punished if they shield it. But its certainly worth possibly throwing it out there once or twice a match as a suprise. Problem is you gotta be 100% accurate with it the few times you do get it and judging by the combo meter that **** is gonna be really hard.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
The problem is that we need more information.

I mean if you have to initiate the dash on the very 1st frame possible after the shine thats going to basically be impossible to be consistent with.

If you have 4 frames thats going to be a hell of a lot easier.

You get what I'm saying? We really need frame specific data for all these "true combos".

crifer

Smash Lord
The problem is that we need more information.

I mean if you have to initiate the dash on the very 1st frame possible after the shine thats going to basically be impossible to be consistent with.

If you have 4 frames thats going to be a hell of a lot easier.

You get what I'm saying? We really need frame specific data for all these "true combos".
That won´t work.
It´s like this:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=7261004#post7261004
You can´t learn all the specific numbers...
if the % are like 50-100, it would make sense to list them

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero

Vyce

Smash Rookie
You know, one of my favorite things about Fox is that his Utilt juggle is nearly inescapable at lower percents. I like dash attack—Utilt—Utilt—Utilt—Usmash as a really simple way to get 50%+ on the opponent. You can also decide not to use Usmash, but continue with Utilt and use a Dair, which would potentially lead to a jab cancelled grab. One of my favorite combos to use on heavy characters is this: Dash Attack—Utilt—Utilt—Utilt—Utilt—Dair—jab cancel—Grab—Pummel (3 times)— Dthrow—Fair/Dair.

Zhamy

Smash Champion
Dash Attack—Utilt—Utilt—Utilt—Utilt—Dair—jab cancel—Grab—Pummel (3 times)— Dthrow—Fair/Dair.
This is not a combo. Utilt does not combo into Dair if they know how to SDI, CCed Jab does not combo into grab (it's a frame trap), Dthrow does not combo into Fair or Dair (it's DI chasing).

Uzima (Uzi)

Smash Lord
what i have in this list is the jist of what you need to use these combos, just use the information i have collected iany way you se fit.

I dont have Up-tilt>Up-tilt "Combo" in here since it can be fidgety and not work for crap on some characters like luigi while it can **** chars like bowser.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Thanks man.

I can only seem to get it at higher percents when the the shine causes them to fall over, and only occasionaly then. So you're getting it like 100% of the time on all characters?

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
hey uzi also add bair > reverse uptilt at low percentages. you have to di towards the opponent. Works best by the edge. it is indeed a true combo. still trying to get that shine > shine again

Area_6

Smash Journeyman
I must jump in and say he has been.

Ganon dittos rookie :) there fun

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
and i will get you the percentages for mario uzi. And Kheldar, yes i know u are already facing backwards. its still a reverse uptilt regardless.

Top Bottom