• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Useful Links, Rules of the Forum and introductions (Please Read Before Posting)

Veril

Frame Savant
Hi.

I'm new here and came from aib. I use jigglypuff/mk/gnw mostly. I try to go to every tournament in my area, I've improve myself alot by doing so. I suck at giving advice let me tell you >_>

Jigglypuff sucks on paper but still has alot of unseen potential.
hope I can help and learn here.
Loved your video. That momentum-less pound was a source of great frustration and disappointments though :p

Jiggs actually is starting to look MUCH better on paper btw

My name is Phampy and I main Puff even though I'm probably better with Kirby and MK. I've stopped playing for a bit cause I got tired of WiFi and I need to haul myself to some tournies to improve one day. Oh and I lurk like crazy cause I can't contribute to a discussion :laugh:
You should like... come out of the shadows more often. :laugh:

Arcrandom

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3110-5058-0892
We should tell him that AiB is not as cool as smashboards, and mabey he will hang here xD. Where did all these new jiggs come from?
He's right I came from abi too, and I like smashboards so much better.

Spoonbob

Smash Ace
We should tell him that AiB is not as cool as smashboards, and mabey he will hang here xD. Where did all these new jiggs come from?
I know I'm a new one, but a lot of the newer ones probably came from AiB. The Jiggs board is soooo dead there. And there's a thread to come here over there...soyeah.

:]

edit: or what Veril said. That's much cooler.

DrunkenSphere

Smash Cadet
Actually I am not that new.
Although this is my first time getting serious with brawl so I changed accounts.

My current account that I use now(because that's my pro-name) is RhedKing.
I hadn't been on SB for literally a year. So this was back from melee when I would tilt spam Kirby and jiggs(hence the 'Sphere' part.)
then Drunken was because everyone said when I played kirby it looked like he was Drunk, so there you go.

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
The new Jiggs appeared in a puff of awesome Hot buttsecks.
fixed.

Drag everyone from AiB here. The more the better. If you look at the other boards, there are tons of users that are active on the other character boards.

Actually I am not that new.
Although this is my first time getting serious with brawl so I changed accounts.

My current account that I use now(because that's my pro-name) is RhedKing.
I hadn't been on SB for literally a year. So this was back from melee when I would tilt spam Kirby and jiggs(hence the 'Sphere' part.)
then Drunken was because everyone said when I played kirby it looked like he was Drunk, so there you go.
Um..... What?????

Explain again. Is RhedKing the account that you use now? or this? im confused.

RhedKing

Smash Journeyman
I use this account now, and plan on using it for all of my posts

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Sticky time.

Iwan

Smash Ace
Meow came from AiB because that website is the sh**.

SWF is amazing for metagame discussion, tournament listings, etc....but AiB is UNQUESTIONABLY the best smash site for keeping in touch with players you've met at tournaments, smash playing friends, and what is...essentially...the deepest personal aspect of the smash community. You get to know A LOT of people on AiB, a lot of good players. It's really awesome.....

it's like facebook for smash players.
seriously.

Anyone who goes there and doesn't even take advantage of the social networking aspects of the site isn't using it right. I used AiB as a "SWF" esque site back in march. I hated it. After I got into the site though, AiB is now without question my favorite website on the entire internet.

and oh yea, Neal owns everyone.

(noticed random AiB bashing so stepped in :p)

Teach these people how to **** with Jiggs Miguel :D (Meow is too goodz)

RhedKing

Smash Journeyman
I think I found a formula for getting frame data without the hack part.

The formula is F=(X/4)30

this assumes you use a stop watch anytime you want to test something and that you do this in training mode's 1/4th speed. However, I need verification on the actual time validity, so does anyone know EXACTLY how many frames sing is from start to finish?
k thanks

Veril

Frame Savant
I think I found a formula for getting frame data without the hack part.

The formula is F=(X/4)30

this assumes you use a stop watch anytime you want to test something and that you do this in training mode's 1/4th speed. However, I need verification on the actual time validity, so does anyone know EXACTLY how many frames sing is from start to finish?
k thanks
don't use this method.

Veril

Frame Savant
Por Que?

is 1/4th time not really 1/4th time?
You can't account for your reaction time if you use a stopwatch (pressing the button). Seriously. Frames are really precise.

I'd wait till someone with a tried and true method gets the data. I know someone is working on it somewhere.

RhedKing

Smash Journeyman
*sad*

I had gotten all of the data for sing, and had done Bowser, luigi, and mario....
oh...sad.....
BUT HEY!
I did learn some stuff anyway, like sing effects all characters equally!

RhedKing

Smash Journeyman
YES I HAVE GAINED NOTHING!!

But of course it was my own fault for giving him the cookie

ALSO I discovered that sadly sing doesn't shield poke.....

all of this will be up in my thread shortly

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
Hi guys! I've been lurking your forums for quite some time lol.
Im really looking forward to using Jigglypuff again! She's so fun! I absolutely love playing with her offstage. Constant Bairs are such a rush! I have zero match up experience though.

So you'll probably see me more around here.

Spoonbob

Smash Ace
Im really looking forward to using Jigglypuff again! She's so fun! I absolutely love playing with her offstage. Constant Bairs are such a rush! I have zero match up experience though.

Yay new Jigglies. :3

illinialex24

Smash Hero

Yeah, don't worry. And check out my guide for a bunch of stuff.

aeghrur

Smash Champion
Yo guys, can you link me to the God DI thread? :)
Or explain how it's done? Hehehe, thanks. lol.

:093:

SR-71

Smash Apprentice
maybe.. so basically, is it flicking the control stick in a direction perpendicular to the direction you would normally get knocked towards, at the exact moment he hits you? heh i'm probly way off

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
You could research it and ill put it on the DI thread to stop it from dieing :3. You will get credit, although I have been testing it myself and this is what I have found:

F-smashes like Wolf's that provide a low launch can be god DIed.

D-smashe's like Olimar's and peach's can be God DIed.

Spikes like gannon's can be God DIed by DIing toward the stage (side) and teching.

Veril

Frame Savant
You could research it and ill put it on the DI thread to stop it from dieing :3. You will get credit, although I have been testing it myself and this is what I have found:

F-smashes like Wolf's that provide a low launch can be god DIed.

D-smashe's like Olimar's and peach's can be God DIed.

Spikes like gannon's can be God DIed by DIing toward the stage (side) and teching.
Honestly I've sorta... done a lot of work with GDI already. GDI is knockback inversion, so teching a spike doesn't qualify. Put it in your thread if you want, but I'd like to maintain... creative control... over it for the time being.

True GDI only works on mutlihit moves, aerials, or just blind luck. Olimar's d-smash can't be GDI'd if you are grounded.

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
Honestly I've sorta... done a lot of work with GDI already. GDI is knockback inversion, so teching a spike doesn't qualify. Put it in your thread if you want, but I'd like to maintain... creative control... over it for the time being.

True GDI only works on mutlihit moves, aerials, or just blind luck. Olimar's d-smash can't be GDI'd if you are grounded.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ei-iOIN32i4
I was thinking more of this. I am able to do this on brawl, but with few attacks.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Nobody posted here in awhile, so I might as well make an introduction.

My name's Alex, but my brawl tag is Straked for tournaments. It was actually a name an old friend gave me on an online pets site about 7 years ago. I use it to this day.
Uhh, my Brawl mains are Ness, Mario, and Jigglypuff. I think this place isn't very active with Veril and Alex doing all of the threads, so I thought I could provide some helpful threads in the future.

Veril

Frame Savant
Nobody posted here in awhile, so I might as well make an introduction.

My name's Alex, but my brawl tag is Straked for tournaments. It was actually a name an old friend gave me on an online pets site about 7 years ago. I use it to this day.
Uhh, my Brawl mains are Ness, Mario, and Jigglypuff. I think this place isn't very active with Veril and Alex doing all of the threads, so I thought I could provide some helpful threads in the future.
great, glad to have you with us.

RhedKing

Smash Journeyman
I think this place isn't very active with Veril and Alex doing all of the threads, so I thought I could provide some helpful threads in the future.
I provide information!

just info no one cares about apparently...

BUT I ALSO MAKE THREADS

however no one looks at them so they die...

btw guize mah thread is still there
taking any questions you might have......

Top Bottom