• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Useful Links, Rules of the Forum and introductions (Please Read Before Posting)

Veril

Frame Savant
Welcome, fellow Jigglypuff Players!

Whether you are a new or existing member I, and the JBR members, would appreciate if you read through this thread before posting here.

Introductions!

If you are new here, or an old member who wants to tell us something about themselves, please introduce yourself here, instead of creating a thread. A sample post follows.

The Jigglypuff boards is overall a friendly, laid back environment that strives to help new players, or veterans picking up Jiggs, adapt to her playstyle and pick up her techniques. It is a very exciting time for Jigglypuff as her metagame has been evolving at breakneck speed the past month.

Any general questions you have, you may post here.

Useful Links

The Jigglypuff Chatroom

The Jigglypuff Video archive: submit all (good) video here.

Get your Jiggs game abused... I mean... critiqued by the experts

Read This! It will answer almost any question you might have and is THE guide to Jiggs.

Find other Jigglypuff Mains w/ The Jigglypuff Friend Finder

G-regulate on Jigglypuff Tournament Strategy.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=217389

Advanced Information and Techniques
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=209708

Jigglypuff hitbox thread
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=217430

The Official Footstool Thread:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=215807

Learn about Jigglypuff's sweet grab-release options here:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=212221

Before asking about general purpose techniques such as DACUS or Pivot grabbing please read this:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=187873

Rules and Guidelines

1. Please read through the stickied threads before posting new ATs or discussions. This will reduce the number of fundamentally useless threads and save you some embarrassment. If a thread is already discussing something, please do not create a new version of it.

2. Please post ALL videos in the stickied video thread. Link above.

3. Don't ask us what a DACUS is or how to do it. It is thoroughly explained in links x, y, and z. The same goes for all general, non-Jiggs specific techniques.

4. Don't butcher the English language. Do not use all CAPS in a post. Its annoying. Use sparingly please.
watch this!: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tt-WIdmCVQ

5. Do not CONSTANTLY try to get around the 10 character limit. Its annoying.

6. Don't spam... much. Definitely don't spam memes. We hate that.

7. Be courteous to other members.

8. Ask before posting a new thread.

Thanks and good luck with your Jigglypuff!

Veril

Frame Savant
Sample Introduction! Veril.

Hello fellow Jiggs. My name is Veril. I main Jigglypuff and have MK, Lucas, and Marth as secondaries. I've found the Jiggs board to be a helpful, friendly and constructive place.

I am a relatively new poster here but I am very active in the advancement of Jigglypuff's metagame. I specialize in the advanced techniques known as rest counters as well as applying wavelanding. Jiggs is not going to stay low tier. Mark my words!

I am willing to answer any questions pertaining to these and am always happy to help a new Jiggs. Don't abuse this or I will make you cry.

Bowyer is getting a cake from me someday. It will be delicious. :lick:

PND

Smash Champion
I like and support this thread, although I despise rule 6.

I'll introduce myself, as well.
G'day, fellow puff players. I'm PNDMike, a tiny little boxer from the bronx with a heart o' gold, a pink jogging suit, and a stereotypical black trainer who often offers the most nonsensical advice, but can ride a mean bike. Or at least, I'd like to be. But until Little Mac (Santa or otherwise) makes it in the Smash series, you'll see me cruising around my (inexplicably) second favorite Nintendo character -- Jigglypuff.

I'm a competitive player from Ottawa, Ontario
Canada, for the geographically uninitiated
and I'm soon moving to Niagara and hoping to get more active in the US scene once I'm down. I'm actually a Snake main, but Jiggs is my primary secondary (to make her sound more important than "my Anti-ROB") However I also play Falco, Wario, DK to a fairly competitive level, Captain Falcon to the awesomest level, and most of the roster to fairly high degrees of efficiency.

I try and impart my knowledge, for what it's worth on these boards. I may not be the guy going out and finding all these new discoveries, but I'm a guy who applies those for results. If you want to ask about the mindset required for competitive play with Jiggs, or dealing with the mental aspect of the game (brickwalls, traps, feints, optimal angles of approach, etcetera) I'm more than happy to share what I know.

If you're wrong about something notable or I strongly disagree with you, I won't pull punches. This doesn't mean I'm bitter, or I don't like you, or whatever. For a character with such a little user base as Jiggs, we need our info to be correct and concise. If I correct you, chances are I'll be harsh; but, there's nothing personal about it and it's only for the sake of this community. I don't hold grudges, and I will readily admit my mistakes (I think. Never come up yet :p)

I look forward to meeting y'all.

MrEh

Smash Hero
Howzit! I'm Mr. Eh?, or simply MrEh. Although I'm a Bowser main, I love hanging around the Jigglypuff boards for some unknown reason. No idea why, I guess i just like how everyone's so laid back in here. It's kind of like where I live.

I'm a semi-competitive player from Hawaii, and I have deep interest in Smash, as if that wasn't obvious already. Although we're so isolated down here, the competitive scene is deep, and there's always a good challenge around.

While lacking in Jiggs experience, I have a knack for testing silly things, like grab releases and whatnot. (That's because I'm a Bowser main, and grab releases are like crack for us.) So if you have any questions about Jigglypuff's grab release shenanigans, feel free to ask.

I think that's about it. Enjoy!

Hola, I'm a semi-new-but-not-really Jiggly and MrEh scares me. A lot.
Fixed.

Spoonbob

Smash Ace
I guess this is as good a place as any...

Is there a reason there's no tournament results thread in this board? Every character board I've gone to has one, except for this one. Not that I'd have anything to contribute to it, but yeah. Just wondering. Is it cause there are too tourney-goers that use Jiggly, or...?

rinoH

Smash Lord
sup im rinoH and have been here for awhile and the jiggs boards used to be all spam but now that Veril is here it kicks ***

RhedKing

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, I'm RhedKing, I'm pretty new here, but I'm also pretty awesome (not at this game or anything relevant mind you) so I hope they cancel each other out.
So far I'm a fairly frequent poster who is doing a lot of work on sing. I'm much better at making battle tactics than I am at the actual execution, so I love going around and putting my two cent in for people who can actually use it. My main play style is an all around ground game, but I play to be unpredictable so I end up useing every possible move at least once in a match.
I've got two left thumbs, so difficult/fast button combos are usually out of the question, but all this doesn't mean(I hope) that I'm easy to beat.

Usually my post are too long or just one sentence. I'm always in it for a laugh so I'm never gonna be one of those super serious post guys.
And yes I know I'm not funny. :)

Mister E

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2208-7088-4154
Well since i've not had any introducions i'll just start here...

I'm Mr.E (noticed that name was way overused, but ok -.-)
I main both Jigglyand Wario... I consider my Wario better than my Jiggly, But i do only play Online tournies and my Jiggly works better with alitle lag even if i get problems with WoP and rest....

Mainly i'm on www.brawlfriendcodes.com when i want play brawl (really simple site) were not really big, but were not actually really good eigther :p. i usally come here to smashboards to learn new tecniques and when i want to improve my Jiggs (a lot helpfull guides here guys :D)

What i think i need to improve on my Jiggs? Well... my resting is terrible... the only times i'm actually able to rest in an important figth is when i dodge at the edge of the stage when somone is rushing at me.... something i need to improve O.o.

I'll try to be up here at the Jiggly boards as much as possible, so maybe you will see alitle more of me? who knows?...

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
Should be stickied. Every character boards has one of these stickied to my knowledge.

Anyways, since this is really a community, I'll actually introduce myself.

I'm Walker (IRL). I decided to main Jigglypuff because she is much more fun to play than most of the cast (for me), and becuase I like to play characters that most people don't.

I'm a relativley average Jigglypuff as far as I know. No one else I know actually plays her. I want to be very competitive in tournaments, and I play whenever I get the chance.

I main :jigglypuff:, and alt :popo:/:gw:. I casually play random. I know online sucks, but I still like to play there. Any experience is good. And these boards are awesome.

BTW: I lurk a LOT.

Arcrandom

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3110-5058-0892
Yo I'm pretty new, and so far I havn't really chose a main, I just played every character to an extent to know how to fight them, now I plan to main jigglypuff and a heavy character (yet to be chosen, but probably ROB). I'm somewhat good at the game I'm a little more than just a casual player, I'm still learning some of the main tech, like for jiggly drillresting. if anyone has any tips on how to figure out some of these techs it would be much apriciated. thank an nice to meet ya'll.

Veril

Frame Savant
Yo I'm pretty new, and so far I havn't really chose a main, I just played every character to an extent to know how to fight them, now I plan to main jigglypuff and a heavy character (yet to be chosen, but probably ROB). I'm somewhat good at the game I'm a little more than just a casual player, I'm still learning some of the main tech, like for jiggly drillresting. if anyone has any tips on how to figure out some of these techs it would be much apriciated. thank an nice to meet ya'll.
With drillresting make sure they trip. Basically the rule there. Don't bother with tricks like the 3x footstool hop d-air. Its cool but not one of the first things to work on.

Don't try perfect rest until you're very comfortable with timing rest normally. Try out interrupt rest on very easy moves like dK/Luigi's dash attack.

DACUS just takes practice. Spend some time in training and you'll have it.

Wavelanding/Fall-dashing/Land-canceled Shield Sliding aren't hard to do, its just learning how to utilize them. Be creative.

Learn to DI. Really really really well. Learn to SDI. This comes with experience more than anything else. The same thing goes for WOP. Watch some vids of Alex, PNDMike, Bowyer, etc, kicking a** and you'll see how its done.

Because Jigglypuff is so much more reactive than proactive its really crucial that you play friendlies... a lot. Avoid wifi. It sucks. (personal bias lol)

Spoonbob

Smash Ace
I've got a question I don't really know where to ask, so I'ma put it here.

Well, I'm a pretty good Jiggly, and I know how to do pretty much everything I can do with a Wiichuck (and I'm not planning on getting a GCC), and it's to the point where level 9 computers are cakewalks. They're no challenge whatsoever. I live in the middle of nowhere, so there is absolutely NO smash scene here, and Wifi is completely horrible. I'm a teenager, too, so I can't really go anywhere else for tournaments or anything.

Does anyone have any suggestions on any ways I could improve myself? =\

(and i have no way of posting videos, either)

Veril

Frame Savant
I've got a question I don't really know where to ask, so I'ma put it here.

Well, I'm a pretty good Jiggly, and I know how to do pretty much everything I can do with a Wiichuck (and I'm not planning on getting a GCC), and it's to the point where level 9 computers are cakewalks. They're no challenge whatsoever. I live in the middle of nowhere, so there is absolutely NO smash scene here, and Wifi is completely horrible. I'm a teenager, too, so I can't really go anywhere else for tournaments or anything.

Does anyone have any suggestions on any ways I could improve myself? =\
I live in the middle of nowhere so I made a smash scene. Seriously. It can be done.

There are always kids/teenagers/college students on break playing smash EVERYWHERE. Seriously. Computers are cake unless you're drunk (for me at least). They will slow you down at this point. I'd work on tech skill in training. Find a friend to play with. Even if they aren't that good its better than a computer.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Yeah, but one thing I am going to say about Veril's statements. Wifi can be good training but really doesn't show skill. But it can help you maneuver, just remember not to pick up wifi only skills like rollout (god forbid).

Maniclysane

Smash Lord
Yeah, but one thing I am going to say about Veril's statements. Wifi can be good training but really doesn't show skill. But it can help you maneuver, just remember not to pick up wifi only skills like rollout (god forbid).
The thing about wifi that I love so much is how much exposure you can get. I've seen playstyles that are drastically different than the ones I see where I live (even though it's because of the slight lag) and it lets you experiment. It's far better than playing against CPU's.

With drillresting make sure they trip. Basically the rule there. Don't bother with tricks like the 3x footstool hop d-air. Its cool but not one of the first things to work on.

Don't try perfect rest until you're very comfortable with timing rest normally. Try out interrupt rest on very easy moves like dK/Luigi's dash attack.

DACUS just takes practice. Spend some time in training and you'll have it.

Wavelanding/Fall-dashing/Land-canceled Shield Sliding aren't hard to do, its just learning how to utilize them. Be creative.

Learn to DI. Really really really well. Learn to SDI. This comes with experience more than anything else. The same thing goes for WOP. Watch some vids of Alex, PNDMike, Bowyer, etc, kicking a** and you'll see how its done.

Because Jigglypuff is so much more reactive than proactive its really crucial that you play friendlies... a lot. Avoid wifi. It sucks. (personal bias lol)
Veril has been on the Jigglypuff boards for like, two weeks and knows more about puff than I do. This is exactly how you should learn Jiggz.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
The thing about wifi that I love so much is how much exposure you can get. I've seen playstyles that are drastically different than the ones I see where I live (even though it's because of the slight lag) and it lets you experiment. It's far better than playing against CPU's.
Very true. I haven't ever played a good IC irl, and recently I played Ambrose. The same with Pikachu. I played Anther. I had only played decent Ganondorf's and then I played K Prime. Those all really helped me if I ever play a good person of these characters in a tournament.

Veril

Frame Savant
Very true. I haven't ever played a good IC irl, and recently I played Ambrose. The same with Pikachu. I played Anther. I had only played decent Ganondorf's and then I played K Prime. Those all really helped me if I ever play a good person of these characters in a tournament.
How many people have played a good Jiggs? I haven't. Literally. I've lost one Jiggs ditto ever since nobody around me plays her. People only play her because they think they'll be able to beat me. Then I 3-stock them.

I want to play Illinialex. Sooo bad. I'm gonna get the attachment that lets my connect an ethernet cable to my wii. As much as I hate wifi. I just... have to. After reading the guide.

We've gotta compare notes and snazzy tricks.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
How many people have played a good Jiggs? I haven't. Literally. I've lost one Jiggs ditto ever since nobody around me plays her. People only play her because they think they'll be able to beat me. Then I 3-stock them.

I want to play Illinialex. Sooo bad. I'm gonna get the attachment that lets my connect an ethernet cable to my wii. As much as I hate wifi. I just... have to. After reading the guide.

I guess but wifi puff dittos. Falcon ftw :)

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord

lol Dinner tried to use jiggs and I 3 stocked him xD.
Lol alex you destroyed my marth. (my marth sucks so bad) Then you said you havnt played that bad with him in so long. lol seriously, that was the best you could do. (and it was ****)

Veril. im back from Florida xD. Want to brawl today?

illinialex24

Smash Hero
lol Dinner tried to use jiggs and I 3 stocked him xD.
Lol alex you destroyed my marth. (my marth sucks so bad) Then you said you havnt played that bad with him in so long. lol seriously, that was the best you could do. (and it was ****)

Veril. im back from Florida xD. Want to brawl today?
Can't sorry. I know its the last day of winter break, thats why I can't (HW procrastination ftl)

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
Can't sorry. I know its the last day of winter break, thats why I can't (HW procrastination ftl)
lol thats what I did. got it all done before the flight though because i knew i wouldnt be back until the last day. And I asked veril.
Oh alex. I have a cool idea for a hack vid you should do.

Spoonbob

Smash Ace
Yeah. I Puff-dittoed Rhed over Wifi. It was like...extraordinarily even.

Metatitan

Smash Master
May as well make an intro... I'm Metatitan but u can just say Meta for short. I don't play as mk and i had this name b4 brawl so don't try and find a connection there. I main yoshi and second jiggs (although shes really close to a main, but i just love teh dino too much). I tend to take jigglypuff's side in yoshi vs jigglypuff discussions as many yoshies overexagerate things. I tend to say im 60% yoshi, 40% jiggs. I just cant leave the dino u guys although I'll be hanging around here a lot more (primarily because I'm pretty sure a bunch of yoshies hate me on the yoshi boards because I'm so contradictory :) ). If I say anything offensive please notify me and I'll stop. Have a nice day :bee:

Meow n Stuff

Smash Rookie
Hi.

I'm new here and came from aib. I use jigglypuff/mk/gnw mostly. I try to go to every tournament in my area, I've improve myself alot by doing so. I suck at giving advice let me tell you >_>

Jigglypuff sucks on paper but still has alot of unseen potential.
hope I can help and learn here.

Phampy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Phampy
Hmm, why not?

My name is Phampy and I main Puff even though I'm probably better with Kirby and MK. I've stopped playing for a bit cause I got tired of WiFi and I need to haul myself to some tournies to improve one day. Oh and I lurk like crazy cause I can't contribute to a discussion :laugh:

By the way meow, you live in socal and main puff and I do too. Let's be buddies.

<_<
>_>

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
We should tell him that AiB is not as cool as smashboards, and mabey he will hang here xD. Where did all these new jiggs come from?

Top Bottom