• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Upstate New York Tournament Thread

Acton

Smash Journeyman
Seems like meele is bigger over on this side of th
Near Pine Hill. I never got into Brawl, i play Melee/64
Seems like melee is bigger over here on this side of the river. I live in new paltz, but only play brawl. :s I know there's a group that play melee in newburgh, they posted in this thread recently. . .

HT F8

Hostile Takeover

MetalPat

Smash Ace
So does anyone here dabble in speed running? i am looking into starting some games, and would like to do ones i know other people do :)
also, again, anyone get on LoL yet? fun game :)

Equal

Smash Apprentice
NNID
iiEqual
3DS FC
2036-7236-5480
I would try to go to that, but it's a rough 3 hour drive :/ but if I'm really feeling it who knows

HT F8

Hostile Takeover
It's totally understandable, we really appreciate your interest. Hopefully we'll see you at some point. :)

Guessing you live further Upstate / west?

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
Moved into syracuse. syracuse people get at me send me a PM we can connect. if there even are any people now that beta and erk are in oswego, WTF!! switched places :(

Equal

Smash Apprentice
NNID
iiEqual
3DS FC
2036-7236-5480
Me and my little crew are about an hour away from Syracuse, although we all suck. But a couple of us are interested in playing people outside our town :) (We live in Norwich, btw)

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
Me and my little crew are about an hour away from Syracuse, although we all suck. But a couple of us are interested in playing people outside our town :) (We live in Norwich, btw)

Another guy got at my via PM, he lives out in rome. I would be down to play with all you guys. You'd definitely be able to level up playing against me. We'll try to set something up soon with everyone and maybe even the guys from oswego would come too and we could get quite a few heads. stay tuned

Acton

Smash Journeyman
I've been missing my smash days recently. :( screw responsibility and moving on and all that BS. I was down at the abyss tcg shop out in wappingers falls ny recently for non smash related reasons and i ended up playing a few friendlies down there since kids where playing smash, one of them even used to be competitive and apparently used to be into the tourney scene but quit like i did and i was able to do well against him. . . .shout outs to everyone i played with upstate including you sharky. good times and good memories, never could beat you in an eating mm lol

Equal

Smash Apprentice
NNID
iiEqual
3DS FC
2036-7236-5480
Another guy got at my via PM, he lives out in rome. I would be down to play with all you guys. You'd definitely be able to level up playing against me. We'll try to set something up soon with everyone and maybe even the guys from oswego would come too and we could get quite a few heads. stay tuned
Cool I'm really looking forward to it. which smash games does everyone here play primarily? I would say i'm better at brawl than melee although I feel like if you get good at melee you would be pretty decent at brawl too.

GoodleShoes

Smash Apprentice
I spoke with both of you, woo! I'm so down to play. Which location do you think would be better for everyone, Syracuse or Norwich?

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
i posted in the other topic, i'll get all your names together and pm you all a day later this week i have off from work and am willing to have you all over. i only have one tv, one melee, two cubes though. and i am melee only. i really dont want to play any brawl but if you guys want to play it i would definitely play with you but you need to bring the setup. i will also play PM.

Spiffykins

Smash Ace
i posted in the other topic, i'll get all your names together and pm you all a day later this week i have off from work and am willing to have you all over. i only have one tv, one melee, two cubes though. and i am melee only. i really dont want to play any brawl but if you guys want to play it i would definitely play with you but you need to bring the setup. i will also play PM.
I can make it to Syracuse more or less whenever, so hit me up if you've got room for one more.

Equal

Smash Apprentice
NNID
iiEqual
3DS FC
2036-7236-5480
Just when things were looking up for us the website got put to sleep:(

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
this thread needs to be resurrected. everybody thinks that we should limit all our activity to facebook. and that is a terrible idea. just in the time it took me to dig through this forum just to find this site again, i found at least 5 different threads started by people in Rochester, Buffalo and syracuse, looking to play both smash games with other people. because everyone was so preoccupied with only talking to people they already know on facebook, we may well have let some real talent fall through the cracks. because this forum allow people to find each other in a ways far beyond what facebook is capable of.

that being said we need to keep this thread up and active because you never know who might use this medium as a means to contact the scene and become an integral part to this community.

I hope nobody has forgotten about the tournament coming up in a couple weeks, its still going to be big and its still going to be awesome with a tons of new people attending from all over the state.
http://smashboards.com/threads/the-...pionships-october-19th-2013-cicero-ny.337933/

post there too so I can build some hype.

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
Unfortunately once again I'll be busy so I can't go to Dustbowl. I hope the tourney does well though. :[

On the upside L-Don and I have still been talking about what we can do next year to host. Whether it's only Smash 4 or just starts that way... we're not sure. We thought about another possible venue to work with in 2014 and things we can do to promote it to the younger more casual crowd that'll arrive due to Smash 4. Still thinking about it, really.

Also there's a slight chance we could go to APEX again. I thought we weren't going for sure but that's not entirely the case. I know I want to kinda break from offline smash until Smash 4 but it's APEX. I know a ton of my online friends/associates that are going and I know if I went it'd be a blast.

Good luck with Dustbowl, Goggles.

Equal

Smash Apprentice
NNID
iiEqual
3DS FC
2036-7236-5480
5 star post Kid. I'm pumped for the dust bowl, been training real hard against my friends to prepare. I'm really looking forward to the experience playing against other people with the same passion I have.

icer18

Smash Rookie
Would anyone be willing to give me and one or two more people a ride (from ithaca) to the dustbowl tournament?

Sharky

Smash Master
Haven't been here much for a long while due to work distractions, wassup all?

Someone might try hitting up everyone's favorite green-shirted sonic player for that ride, unless he moved he lives in binghamton

Airblade Orange

Smash Rookie
I'm going to go to this. I don't know anyone in the community and I don't have a crew. I don't have anyone to practice with so if anyone lives near Syracuse and wants to play let me know. But be warned I'm no pro.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Are. You the same guy Ive been emailing for the last week or so? Because if you ARENT i can get you in contact with one other person that plays brawl in syracuse

Equal

Smash Apprentice
NNID
iiEqual
3DS FC
2036-7236-5480
TheManaLord lives in Syracuse if you can get in contact with him. I wonder if he's going to the Dustbowl.

CyanNY

Smash Cadet
Ugh every time I look at this thread it reminds me of the benefits attending college closer to Rochester would have brought. Wish I could come to this, anyone driving from Mass? hahaha

DahremRuhar

Smash Ace
Not dead. Just occupied with other stuff. Will not be attending Dust Bowl, as I will be in Boston.

Anyway, if anyone wants free money (store credit), MicroGame in Clay (just outside of Syracuse), is having a (Brawl) tournament a week after Dust Bowl. 90% chance I won't at that either but I think 1337-0 might be.

Top Bottom