• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Upstate New York Tournament Thread

dudutsai

Smash Lord
Unsubbing until melee PR goes up​

Edit: Also I better be honorable mention
Edit2: or at least top 5
Edit3: or maybe 3

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I apologise, some out this thread stopped alerting me to replies. and we all know im the one who brings the hype and discussion to this thread and this region.

So let me reply to everyone now.
BCB, what is your average now, me and Neil went bowling last week ( for the first time in months/years.) He rolled a 171 and 169, and I rolled 169 and 217. If we can find a decent third, we're probably gonna join a summer league.

Mako, you would know how it was going, IF YOU SHOWED UP TO THE LAST TOURNAMENT. GET YOUR BUTT IN GEAR LAWRENCE!

Polar, quick question, how the hell did you get as good as you are living in Buffalo?

Yo. RTF can suck this threads ****. Cus hes a hater.

Tyrant, since you have a CC now, can you get the vids that Azeal recorded from the tournament and upload them?

Sharky, April looks like its going to be pretty awesome and fly for me, because I'm finally going to have extra funds and my own means of transportation. So even if nobody else can, Im pretty sure I can fit in a day or weekend to come through up there. Its not like there HAS to be a smash event for me to come to Syracuse from Rochester lol.

Calm, I think I'm going to come to the next BEST, as long as you give me decent forewarning.

And starting in April, I should be able to make EGS and smash club consistently again.

Rob, are you going to come clubbing with me? Im going in a couple weeks

And Beta, you should just tie me with wherever Neil is. I went 5-3 with him at the last DB and 2-3 with him at this one. I havent lost in tournament to anyone but him.

Tsai. I didn't see you play at all, but I luvs ya, so I will agree with you. Tsai da bess

RTF

Smash Lord
No Longer Bumping With Content, Smörgåsbords
technically we have been a "social thread" for awhile now. Nonetheless there is a PR and its fairly accurate id only need to throw goggles in there somehow. Im still in favor of getting rid of it but whateves.

ps: we needa make dis thread more active. Been saddened recently by lack of posts.
1: Make the PR thread have a PR
2: ???????
3: have 80millionthousand posts of people arguing about the PR
4: don't find the
tags
5; PROFIT!!!!!!!!

6: EDIT:

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
Azeal Mizawa, add meh.

Also, Polar's been to some tournaments, and stuff, iirc, he's actually beaten Boss, and Korn in tournament before, lmao.

RTF

Smash Lord
I apologise, some out this thread stopped alerting me to replies. and we all know im the one who brings the hype and discussion to this thread and this region.

So let me reply to everyone now.
BCB, what is your average now, me and Neil went bowling last week ( for the first time in months/years.) He rolled a 171 and 169, and I rolled 169 and 217. If we can find a decent third, we're probably gonna join a summer league.

Mako, you would know how it was going, IF YOU SHOWED UP TO THE LAST TOURNAMENT. GET YOUR BUTT IN GEAR LAWRENCE!

Polar, quick question, how the hell did you get as good as you are living in Buffalo?

Yo. RTF can suck this threads ****. Cus hes a hater.

Tyrant, since you have a CC now, can you get the vids that Azeal recorded from the tournament and upload them?

Sharky, April looks like its going to be pretty awesome and fly for me, because I'm finally going to have extra funds and my own means of transportation. So even if nobody else can, Im pretty sure I can fit in a day or weekend to come through up there. Its not like there HAS to be a smash event for me to come to Syracuse from Rochester lol.

Calm, I think I'm going to come to the next BEST, as long as you give me decent forewarning.

And starting in April, I should be able to make EGS and smash club consistently again.

Rob, are you going to come clubbing with me? Im going in a couple weeks

And Beta, you should just tie me with wherever Neil is. I went 5-3 with him at the last DB and 2-3 with him at this one. I havent lost in tournament to anyone but him.

Tsai. I didn't see you play at all, but I luvs ya, so I will agree with you. Tsai da bess
> 90% of my posts are in this thread. This thread can suck my ****

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant

JamesG

Smash Journeyman
Ah yes, somehow, again, due to unforeseen circumstances, the friendly matches that JamesG win inexplicably disappear, lol. Maybe we weren't playing on the recording Wii (though, I thought we were, who knows honestly, it was a long day).

No biggie, I liked the way I played in those matches and I don't have a whole lot of complaints aside from a couple of potential upair kills (and doing a fair for some reason instead, whether or not it was intentional, haha), and of course, the recovery mishaps and gimps. Some were a result of good decisions on your part but I saw some missed opportunities on my side, like failing on a tech for example (but it can be difficult to focus on when I am also worrying about recovering and inputting a precise joystick rotation to make it on the stage to begin with). Nonetheless, that's a part of my character that I need to be prepared for, so I have noone to blame other than myself, lol. You played quite well yourself though Azeal. Nice games.

Also, I probably won't be able to make the BEST tournament, but I'll more than likely be at the next Dustbowl.

soma ghost

Smash Journeyman
I'm sorry to say I'm done playing melee. For a long time at the least.
I've been playing with this community for 4 years now and I'm still very inconsistant with pressing the buttons correctly, and it's to the point where I'm just not having fun and so I feel I'm wasting my time.
You might still see me around.
Stay cool WNYMELEE

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
One the one hand, im sad i wont get to see bob as much or at all cus hes really good ppl. But on the other hand, one more person biting the dust and quitting melee is never a bad thing. Soooo its kind of a wash. Either way you better at least show up for the first big smash4 release tournament at least

RTF

Smash Lord
One the one hand, im sad i wont get to see bob as much or at all cus hes really good ppl. But on the other hand, one more person biting the dust and quitting melee is never a bad thing. Soooo its kind of a wash. Either way you better at least show up for the first big smash4 release tournament at least
I cannot believe this is on the internet now.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Yo, that thing with the dudes leg was gruesome yo, I saw that on facebook this morning.

Note to all, Amber and company are running a Street Fighter and Tekken tournament this month. They are planning on making them monthly and including different games each month possibly. Maybe you might want to talk her into having a smash event....

P.S. Date for the next Dustbowl is June 8th I believe.

RTF

Smash Lord
Yo, that thing with the dudes leg was gruesome yo, I saw that on facebook this morning.

Note to all, Amber and company are running a Street Fighter and Tekken tournament this month. They are planning on making them monthly and including different games each month possibly. Maybe you might want to talk her into having a smash event....

P.S. Date for the next Dustbowl is June 8th I believe.
Better yet: show up and then it'll be easier next time to get other games in.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I thought that part was implied, but youre right, it needs to be stated outright as well.

also, I have some news for you guys.
torontotoptiers.com.
TTT is a tournament series based in Toronto. I know a few people were talking about going to tournaments up there. Theres one specifically for Melee coming up next month. I might not be able to stand the game, but I like you guys that play it for the most part, so you cant ever say I never helped yall out.

Equal

Smash Apprentice
NNID
iiEqual
3DS FC
2036-7236-5480
Sup guys. I'm new

I'm not any good, but have been somewhat addicted to playing and watching brawl as of late. Live in a small town (Norwich) inbetween Syracuse & Binghamton, 17 and have a car. Been thinking about going to some tournaments even if I'll get demolished, I main Lucas so my expectations aren't very high regardless :)

It's kind of interesting though, I actually sort of knew San through cRPG (Mount&Blade) and skimming the thread I see he used to go to these. Small world!

Anyways, back to lurking

dudutsai

Smash Lord
Hey welcome to the boards (and to the upstate scene)! Binghamton has me and 1337-0. I'm not sure who still plays in Syracuse, but if you ever want to play just let me know before you come down.

Sharky

Smash Master
cause I'm also bad at replying to things
this would be awesome, let me know when is good for you and I'll see if I can get erk and beta around too

DahremRuhar

Smash Ace
Sup guys. I'm new

I'm not any good, but have been somewhat addicted to playing and watching brawl as of late. Live in a small town (Norwich) inbetween Syracuse & Binghamton, 17 and have a car. Been thinking about going to some tournaments even if I'll get demolished, I main Lucas so my expectations aren't very high regardless :)

It's kind of interesting though, I actually sort of knew San through cRPG (Mount&Blade) and skimming the thread I see he used to go to these. Small world!

Anyways, back to lurking
Welcome! Since dudutsai seems to have given you the rundown on Binghamton, I'll do my best for Syracuse. As far as I know for Brawl you've got me and like five others in the area who are 16-18, but don't have cars and aren't very good. There's also Sharky, but I'm not in contact with him so I don't know when he's available. 1337-0 comes here to spend time with his family too. I'll PM you some more info.

Also, I plan on trying to get some sort of monthly fest going in Syracuse eventually. I don't have a car right now, so that's kinda difficult, but I'm working on it.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Theres also James G who lives about a half hour from Cuse during the week and in the city on the weekends, but also has very little free time since he works so much.

Top Bottom