• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Upstate New York Tournament Thread

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
Going would involve gas, entry fee, food, and taking the day off of work. Sadly that's kind of expensive even with free entry. =(
Food would be another $5 to $10, which I could pay too, and I figured gas would be covered by those you carpool. Have no answer for taking off work though :/

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Rofl. No.

Why would I drop an event that made me free money? =P

But seriously. No. Definitely running brawl. But i would feel like an irreconcilable douche if i let beta bring all his tvs again just to not run an event for him. So anyone that plays melee, you can thank him, because he is the sole reason you have a tournament now

:phone:

1337-Zero

Smash Ace
Yeah, this is a pretty serious event. We really need people to register. Our venue is nice and relatively cheap given size + services, but if people don't register soon it's not gonna stay that way. Our head TO Antoine is also extremely respectful of every fighting community, so Smash will be getting the respect that wasn't present at Dustbowl.

Plus, I'll be running the Brawl event, and it'd be really nice to have my fellow smashers help out and register :D

eeveee

Smash Journeyman
Terrorism?
Lol rob. I like it when you post hahaha. :D

Also housing at my place for the tourny if neeeeeded. Couches open. I'm also offering the floor of my room if necessary.

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
The kind of attendance at the last BEST was inspiring. I didn't think it'd have half the people that showed. I definitely am going to try harder to spread the word throughout Utica to try and get more people interested. Still trying to work out an idea for when I'll be able to host another tourney. Most likely it'll be at the same venue as Utican.

tiger10x

Smash Apprentice
First half of 2013 circuit?

I requested Feb 9 for a normal one and May 4 for another big one. No confirmation yet on either, but we'll post about them if we get them.

Zhea

Smash Ace
Hey, already made a post on the board, but I wanted to check this thread too. Got all my travel plans ready for apex, but since I no longer live in Troy I'm looking for new training partners so I don't go rusty. Anyone around the Utica, Syracuse or anywhere in between area for melee?

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
So who in upstate is going to Apex?

Currently registered:
Me
Pika Pika
Calm
Zhea

Expressed interest but have yet to register:
No Skillz
Metal Pat
Jason

Apex is only a little more than a month away, and we should start making our transportation and housing plans now. I would also like confirmation on attendance status early to avoid the scenario where those interested drop out at the last second, as what happened with SKTAR, so I would still have time to setup a backup plan to get there myself if no one else around here is going.

RTF

Smash Lord
No Longer Bumping With Content, Smörgåsbords

Currently registered:
Me
Pika Pika
Calm
Zhea

No Skillz
Metal Pat
Jason

Apex is only a little more than a month away, and we should start making our transportation and housing plans now. I would also like confirmation on attendance status early to avoid the scenario where those interested drop out at the last second, as what happened with SKTAR, so I would still have time to setup a backup plan to get there myself if no one else around here is going.
I'm busy. Soz.

A O

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Tyrant, neil will pick you up like i said earlier but your going to have to do all the planning yourself.

Neil went to NEC last week and slept in his car. So unless you wanna do that, you gonna have to plan the whole trip yourself

:phone:

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
DONT FORGET THE STD AT MY PLACE TONIGHT STARTING AT 8. BETA I wish I remembered to tell you sooner, but then again I only knew as of wednesday night lol...Beta really hope you can make it man. You're the legit #2 in all of Upstate right now, and therefore you need to be here. Hope you can make it. PM me for deets since my phone is off

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker

Currently registered:
Me
Pika Pika
Calm
Zhea

No Skillz
Metal Pat
Jason

L-Don and I are in the process of being registered. We're going but going seperately from others, unless ironically my bowling schedule changes to interfere with APEX, which shouldn't happen. Also we'll be arriving Friday and leaving Sunday.

Itsnotmyfault

Smash Journeyman
Well I was thinking about dipping from Apex, but this might be my earliest chance to money match L-Don now, so I don't know. Either way, being a hell of a lot closer to the venue than any of you, I can't really help with rides or anything.

Top Bottom