• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Upstate New York Tournament Thread

Itsnotmyfault

Smash Journeyman
If any of you Syracusers that have popped up has a car, you should carpool on over to 9th best this Saturday.

Also Beta, if you could, put 9th and 10th BEST in the OP.

H0LEintheW0RLD

Smash Rookie
Yeah lol I'm not entirely sure what people are saying about a potential gathering in Cuse this weekend. Cura was asking me about maybe Saturday, I'm not sure if he's talked to other people about it more (i.e. Sharky/ Beta/ Erk). I got obligations Friday night/ Saturday night, but during the day into the evening either of those days I'd meet up wherever to play, and if there was no place better we could do it at my place (only thing with that is it might have to end when I'd need to leave.)

@Limit, Yeah glad you could come out and get back into it, was a lot of fun, hopefully we can get ya acquainted with more Cuse smashers!

Also it's with regret that these evening obligations are the reason why I personally can't come to 9th BEST (didn't get back from 8th BEST 'till 3am). But I got 10th BEST on my radar, and intend to save the date.

Zhenkai

Smash Journeyman
Geez, feels like an eternity since I last posted here. x.x Just gonna say to ya'll, I'll be movin'g back to upstate NY in a few weeks. Hopefully I'll be able to come out to Syracuse or Rochester sometime to hang with ya'll again.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
You moved?

But whos going to beat jesse into depression while an entire tournaments worth of people rallies against him while coming up with new and unique ways of calling him gay and skill less?

...or was that just me. :laugh:

Nintendude

Smash Hero
lol. I finished up at Cornell so I left upstate and went back home to tristate, and then I got a job in DC and moved again. I'm sorry your tournaments will revert back to being devoid of trash talk and dominated by Jesse. Any of you guys going to ROM or Apex?

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
lol. I finished up at Cornell so I left upstate and went back home to tristate, and then I got a job in DC and moved again. I'm sorry your tournaments will revert back to being devoid of trash talk and dominated by Jesse. Any of you guys going to ROM or Apex?
Ahhhhhhh...
I had a nice hearty laugh at that one. Good stuff sir. :bee:

Anyway. All i know is that me and neil are going to Apex. A lot of the local FGC people are going too for Marvel, and tekken and other games. I dont know who of the Melee crew is going. Everyone should. Its the biggest smash tournament of the year and its within driving distance.

Slashy

Smash Lord
I got the room reserved for September 29th at noon, is there any preferences you have for game order or rulesets? I have Melee Singles/Doubles, Project:M Doubles, Brawl Minus Singles

eeveee

Smash Journeyman
someone please update me/op with tourny dates. i want to go to one but mostly just to hang out with people

(and play PPL with rob)

Itsnotmyfault

Smash Journeyman
Cuse car trying to go to jesse's this weekend if you wanna come =D
Oh you guys have a car NOW, huh?

But the OP should be more actively changed. We should change the thread title for upcoming tournaments/other things that affect the region, so as to at least seem like there is stuff going on here.

Sharky

Smash Master
Oh you guys have a car NOW, huh?

But the OP should be more actively changed. We should change the thread title for upcoming tournaments/other things that affect the region, so as to at least seem like there is stuff going on here.
I had a car before, but just got my paycheck today. =/

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
I'm probably gonna be on the college bowling team and maaaaay get a job, so those are two things that might get in my way of attending smash tournies. Still wanna make Dustbowl & 10th Best badly. I wanna see you guys again!

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
the year i dont do my college bowling team you decide to do it...
good going.

we woulda kicked your *** anyway :p
You bowl? My average isn't that great but I'm improving. Got a 553 series today. Nothing to brag about but it's still good.

Top Bottom