• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Upstate New York Tournament Thread

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
for the record, air ceilings also happen when you get hit by roys counter, but thats probably more rare than the first example lol

Greene Archer

Smash Ace
Actually, the counter has a downward trajectory after a certain number of frames I believe. "Invisible ceilings" always happen on counters.

More poker: You can win a hand regardless of the cards on the table. All it takes is a solid knowledge of the game and a good read on how your opponent is thinking. Mr. Tom Dwan is a perfect example of this. He's made several million dollars at the tables (live and online), and he very rarely takes his cards to showdown. You don't have to have the best cards at the table to win, you just have to make your opponent think you have better cards than they do. Reading opponents is far more important in high-level play than cards.

And about "winning" tournaments: depending on the size of the tournament, payouts begin around the top 5-10% of entrants, always more than your buy-in. You don't have to win consistently to turn a profit, you just have to outplay the lower 90% of the field.

Greene Archer

Smash Ace
Man, that was some crazy late-night posting there. Almost makes me wish I hadn't gone to sleep early (2:30 AM).

Will Ferrel sux.

Greene Archer

Smash Ace
Wrong thread yo. This is upstate, NYC has another thread somewhere.

KID, wanna put "Upstate" in the thread title somewhere? People see "New York State" and think "New York" which means the city. Make it "Upstate New York"

Sn1per

Smash Journeyman
Wrong thread yo. This is upstate, NYC has another thread somewhere.

KID, wanna put "Upstate" in the thread title somewhere? People see "New York State" and think "New York" which means the city. Make it "Upstate New York"
Oops... that is what happened to me. My bad. I assume there's an NYC Thread I should look for. Thanks tho!

-Zec

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
Can't find the tri-state melee thread either. Is Melee kinda... empty with NYC? It seems like there's no true group for NYC melee. Maybe a few players that hang out, but haven't really notice a real gathering there.

Spamus43

Smash Journeyman
I'd be pretty surprised if NYC Melee had suddenly died while no one was looking. I'm gonna go ahead and bet that its still going strong. ;)

Top Bottom