• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Upstate New York Tournament Thread

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Well most of us know you as roy pyro...and you look more like him ^^

It would be more interesting...

Also, rob do you just live at Jesse's and post on everyone's accounts now? you should make a goal to post on each one before summer is over.
Everyone leaves themselves logged in. I don't wanna inconvenience people by making them log in constantly. Jesse's/Sam's is the place to be. It's a smash house and even non smashers are here, too. I love hangin out here! There's a lil drama here and there, but whatever.

No furry butthurt here. XD I think it's cool. :3
:3

Shoutouts:
My Ike/MK in brawl. Sorry Olimar, but you're I'm terrible at you.
Sam/Matt for borderlandsing with me
Castlevania for kicking my *** until I got a gas cloud.
Street firghters, brawlers, himeleean mountaineers, foxchestarians, party goers, and crazy three hour walks.
The first pokemon stadium from MDZ's
Angel's Mohawks.
Food an Wegmans trips.
Staying up till 6am/8am.
Multishinespikes.
My cube for getting 99999999999 points.
Paco for moving in.
A seat belt belt.
MLG kids
TVs and computers everywhere
vvvvvv and raeg in general.
Foy drunk smashing with me. AMAZING falcon matches.
All of the pranks going on.
tanning/swimming.
shoutting out.
great music and memories.
air conditioning so cold that I need more than a sheet in the summer.
random hype
pokemon masters
robio teaches cooking
juni lolz
san whomping on kids
getting a bruise on my knee from sleeping on the power converter for the router.
lilith for being imba
hammertime
positional melee play
powershielding
zelda winning streak. sorry i quit while i was ahead in games, but it was too good to pass up.
random guy trying to sell me $80k pianos
delicious food
ramen so spicy that my eyes tear up
MORE MOHAWKS I HOPE I GET ONE THIS TIME

-Rob

Spamus43

Smash Journeyman
Pie: ah, right, forgot about school and stuff, totally understandable. I just remembered you mentioning hosting something, and I felt like 3 was a pretty solid number of people to list :p

I'm at the point where I'm actually looking forward to going back to school in a couple weeks so I'll be around people to play again...

Sharky

Smash Master
Before I can even consider hosting a tourney, I've gotta get done with school for this year. Finishing up finals this week, and then I've got regents exams. My dad's definately gonna want to take a look at my report card before I can host a tourney, and I've been studying harder than I can remember, next to my AP test earlier this year.

Then I got other things going on this summer to manage too. (Getting my permit, possibly a summer job, etc.) Hosting a tourney would be a huge priority for me over this summer, but there's no way I can guaruntee it.

I'm personally hoping someone from Syracuse steps up and finishes off the Syracuse Smash series with a bang.
things are already being set in motion for it. =)

Spamus43

Smash Journeyman
12 hours since someone's posted? Unacceptable... I remember when this thread used to... be slightly more active. The good old days!

hubble

Smash Ace
Yo so how has everyone been doing lately?

Burak why haven't you been over ever?
Good, lots of work tho. Need to make that money you know?

Thanks. Needed that information for my job... struck me as odd that they didn't have one and I wanted to double-check. But you're like, Biochem, aren't you?
Yeah, they've been switching certain programs around so it is kind of weird. And yes, I'm in the biochem department.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I've started to play Dragon Quest Monsters 2 for the gameboy color. I played 1 a couple years ago and really liked it. Right now, I plan to go through all of the good dragon warrior/dragon quest games =)

Beat DQ III, DQ V DS, and DQM1, DQM: Joker

Gonna go through DQM2, DQ IV DS, DQ VI DS (when it comes out), DQ VII, DQ VIII, DQ IX DS

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
I've started to play Dragon Quest Monsters 2 for the gameboy color. I played 1 a couple years ago and really liked it. Right now, I plan to go through all of the good dragon warrior/dragon quest games =)

Gonna go through DQM2, DQ IV DS, DQ VI DS (when it comes out), DQ VII, DQ VIII, DQ IX DS
Um, San...Although you're going to play all the dragon warrior games, NOTHING, and I mean NOTHING will every compare to the DQM (Monsters) series. I love that **** more than Pokemon man, I had such good times with that game...

Did you get all the devil types? Deathmore 1 2 3, DARKDRIUM omg pleaseee tell me you got Darkdrium

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I looked up a vid of Darkdrium. Yeah, I did get one. I remember going on those websites with all of the monster breeding graphs. I remember that stuff taking forever. I did like a lot of the later/secret dungeons in DQM though. Since I haven't played DQM in a couple years, I'm not getting a rehashed feeling at all playing the sequel.

I've only just started like an hour or so though.. XD

RTF

Smash Lord
No Longer Bumping With Content, Smörgåsbords

Sweet. I still have to play most of those. I beat DQI&II and III on the gameboy as well. I really liked the monster medal dungeon in III

PoofyHair

Smash Journeyman
Burak: I ****ing love you kid. I also love when you call everyone kid.

Acton: Congrats on finding you cat! ^^

Minic: you would see that lol

I miss everyone!

Thanks for fox comments....I think it captured Steffon's ******ery

Pika is next :3

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Is it just me, or is Jesse's avatar SUPER offensive?

Like, it feels like I want to rob him, beat him, and toss him into Lake Michigan at 3:45 a.m. with some cement fitting snugly around his ankles.

It can't just be me.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
This is def the best Avatar I've ever had. If no one changes it this time I'll probably keep it until I die.

I always related myself to Cloud Strife a lot, that's one of the main reasons 7 is my favorite game. I share the same strengths as him, but also the same weaknesses, which is unique because with every other character in video games it's either the strengths or weaknesses I share, not both.

San- What do you like better, Dragon Warrior series or Final Fantasy? Both are epic, but FF def takes it for me.

ThisKidJuni

Smash Apprentice

Like, it feels like I want to rob him, beat him, and toss him into Lake Michigan at 3:45 a.m. with some cement fitting snugly around his ankles.

It can't just be me.
**** so much hate my dude.

NightroGlycerine

Smash Journeyman

It can't just be me.
It's just you.

FFVII is a great game. The people that treat it like something other than a really good video game though? I don't talk to them.

flaw

Smash Apprentice
If memory serves correctly, FF started out as a Dragon Warrior copycat. Not that that makes one better than the other, just a random piece of info.

Love the mood of FF7 and the music. Games I'm currently struggling to find time to beat: Chrono Cross, Legend of Dragoon, FFX, FFTactics, Pokemon Gold/Silver. I beat Metroid 1 & 3 like a few monthes ago for the first time, woot. Someday I'll play Xenogears and Chrono Trigger, maybe even make it to Star Ocean.

Greene Archer

Smash Ace
Man, no late night posting tonight either. What's up with that? Step it up guys, gotta make some posts for people to wake up to.

So I played a 4 hour game of Hold'Em tonight, I was up about 1.5x my buyin till some guy sat down and got pocket kings 3 times. He was a weak player, so he played every hand the same, so I couldn't tell when he had a big one. I build one big pot, lose QQ to KK, rebound, and lose another QQ to KK for the rest of my stack. I don't know whether to burn every KK I see forever, or just stop playing queens for a while. ****'s ridiculous.

DahremRuhar

Smash Ace
Yeah, everyone goes crazy about CT, I'm really dedicated to playing it someday. I already started CC, though, and I hear that you don't have to play CT to understand CC.

And Jesse and I were talking about the price of old RPGs. I looked it up and it look like a sealed copy of Chrono Trigger goes for about $2000. http://cgi.ebay.com/Chrono-Trigger-...Item&pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item230777296a

Apparently a sealed copy of superman 64 goes for -$90. In other words you have to pay someone to take it from you.

NightroGlycerine

Smash Journeyman
Man, no late night posting tonight either. What's up with that? Step it up guys, gotta make some posts for people to wake up to.

So I played a 4 hour game of Hold'Em tonight, I was up about 1.5x my buyin till some guy sat down and got pocket kings 3 times. He was a weak player, so he played every hand the same, so I couldn't tell when he had a big one. I build one big pot, lose QQ to KK, rebound, and lose another QQ to KK for the rest of my stack. I don't know whether to burn every KK I see forever, or just stop playing queens for a while. ****'s ridiculous.
Solution: don't play poker, because you always run into bull**** like this. You lose too much money to people who don't know what they're doing and get insanely lucky.

Top Bottom