• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Upstate New York Tournament Thread

PoofyHair

Smash Journeyman
Hey doo doo
I like the things you doo
Hey doo doo
If I could I would be youu

The one and only camper
Playing a puff ball
You take the game
and make it SLOWER THAN BRAWL
so.....much....own...

ya im Amber aka Spam

Coolies archer yea i had a great time playing though its too bad
I didnt get to play my dictator...

DahremRuhar

Smash Ace
Hi guys. I wish someone had pm'd me about Bry. I would have liked to go to the wake. I really don't know what to say. I know I haven't been to a fest or a tournament in a while, and I feel really bad about it. I wish I could have seen him again. He was always so friendly and nice to me. My only regrets are that I wasn't able to see him more, and that I wasn't friendlier to him. ME and him maybe got to play one match, at best. But, I don't plan on forgetting him. R.I.P. Bry.

Sheth

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shethblade
3DS FC
4639-8959-1952
Unnatural Thinkable Law. :3
Yo vibe, I'm happy for you and I'mma finish, but touhou***s
fans generally think IaMP is the best touhou fighter of ALL TIME. of ALL TIME!

UNL is basically one giant combo if you get too good at it anyway. I can blockstring to guard crush with like, utsuho, even, and she's like the resident fatty. Sanae is just a 0-death tech chase, china is all up in your face, cirno is all up in your face, game is silly. Fun, but silly. I eventually picked up on the IAMP love.

So AIM me if you want to see silly infinites.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I'm sure Steffon and Rob's version is better. I was inspired by them. AWESOME seeing MOST of you guys at MM20
fixed.
- 4 stocking some kid who got really mad...only getting two-stocked vs kage
Angel told me about that kid you 4 stocked, he said as soon as it happened neil came over and was like "O YOU MAD CUZ SHE STYLIN ON YA" and he said he saw the kid crying when he was walking away
LOL
He also said he was making kage say stuff like arnold Schwarsenegger.

- Tsai is still western new york's hero
always has been, always will be.

- Jesse and Neil losing to Irish_Mafia <-- how the hell did that happen?
rofl. this.

How far from Albany do I have to drive to get to melee things around here? I wanna start beasting on you guys for real now.

Rochester is like 4 hours away for you i think, and thats were 80% of the melee goes down.

NightroGlycerine

Smash Journeyman
Got back into Geneseo. Holy ****.

There's so much to go through and absorb from this weekend that I need some time to recover before I start really talking about it.

It was entirely amazing. I can't think of a time that wouldn't be a highlight of another tournament.

For now, though, I'd like to say thanks to Goggles, Steffon, and Angel who drove people everywhere last minute, and thank Matt for hosting us and running a beast tournament.

More later.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Yo, anybody that is still in rochester and plays brawl is invited to my house tonight.

Although thats pretty much Neil, Angel, and San if im not forgetting anyone. Ill be playing all night.

matt, if youre free ill get at you tmr.

Sharky

Smash Master
this is taken from ally's recent interview, as seen in the MLG discussion area:

MLG: Other than the finals, of course, what was your most difficult match in Orlando?

Ally: San, the Ike player from New York, and probably Tyrant.
San needs to sig this.

Minic

Smash Apprentice
- Jesse and Neil losing to Irish_Mafia <-- how the hell did that happen?
um what?! I need some confirmation or something cuz that's insane.

Man i sucks i couldn't make it to any of those events. Tho ill be practicing for Apex. Apparently my brothers still good really good at the game. So i won't be getting rusty over the summer.
Did any of u guys make it out of pools?

Sharky

Smash Master
yeah jesse steffon and neil made it out

edit: not sure if we made it in time for the free hotel night deal, I haven't gotten a response back yet. =/

PoofyHair

Smash Journeyman
****...need to find a way to get the **** out of my job so I can get to APEX...

ps:Watched Street Fighter Alpha movie today...so good I can't even begin to describe it...

VibeSlyph

Smash Ace
Yo vibe, I'm happy for you and I'mma finish, but touhou***s
fans generally think IaMP is the best touhou fighter of ALL TIME. of ALL TIME!

UNL is basically one giant combo if you get too good at it anyway. I can blockstring to guard crush with like, utsuho, even, and she's like the resident fatty. Sanae is just a 0-death tech chase, china is all up in your face, cirno is all up in your face, game is silly. Fun, but silly. I eventually picked up on the IAMP love.

So AIM me if you want to see silly infinites.
WRONG!

The game is pretty good at high levels. Sanae is like, one of the 5 worse characters. Cirno is also one of the badder characters, and china is mid tier.
Lol.

I main Suwako, the considered worst, so I can't really say anything x_x.

And i'm sure all of the silly infinites you speak of, are lack of techs. Lol.

Sheth

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shethblade
3DS FC
4639-8959-1952
You've never seen the locks on cirno using the 623 windstream alt and the suwako landmines? I've been QUADRUPLE guardcrushed on wakeup in any direction to death vs. a good sanae. Of course, that wasn't 1.10, and it was round 3 when the dude had sick leveling on his skills.

Anyways, get at my AIM or MSN or whatever sometime, maybe. It's a good game, even if I've found some goofy junk.

Sheth

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shethblade
3DS FC
4639-8959-1952
If it's amusing, it's not totally terrible.

Pikapika: glass half empty.

PS: OH GOD THE HERCULOIDS ARE ON TV.

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
Oh my god...

I go on vacation to Indiana and come back to find the best TO in the region dies on us. R.I.P. Nobody can replace you. I'll probably say more but I need to get to school.

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
Wall of text:

I remember that Kanto really ran the first tourney in a while besides the A Taste of Buffalo series. I think he really made the community what it is today, and by far would not be as great as it is now without his help. We will all miss him.

We know he would want the community to become stronger. We really should finish off the Syracuse Smash series and dedicate it to him, retiring the name. We probably lost the heart of our community, and we'll have to pull through. Possibly with other TOs (Cura, Acton, Altarian to name a few). Hopefully we can get this new Syracuse tourney to be as huge as we can, just for him. ;_;

Final Shoutout to him:

I remember when I first saw you. You acted way nicer and considerate than one would first appear to see you. You really were respectful and attended many tournies, and I'm REALLY sorry that you couldn't attend MLG Columbus. I didn't cry, but my eyes were a bit watery and still are as I'm typing this. I'm glad I got to play you at SS1, and I hope you get to meet NES N00b and Kish Cubed.

if you introduce her to pdiddy and tell her that hes the one driving you to rochester, and if you put her on the phone with me and tell her ill make sure nothing happens to you, maybe shell change her mind.

I would say introduce her to bry, but as nice as he is (hes nicer than a life size teddy bear) he looks madd sketchy. the double lip piercings wouldnt be conducive to getting a conservative mom to let her 15 year old son to travel to another city for a day.
hahaha i guess im not the most approuchable person in the world, but once you get to know me im not how i look lol.
and goggles, you are the king of persuasion, talk to his mom!
The memories. :pikachu2:

DahremRuhar

Smash Ace
Okay guys. I have a few things to say. First and foremost I'd like to apologize for some things. Cura, I'm sorry for calling you regarding a fest the other day. I didn't know about Bry. I'd also like to say I'm sorry for not making the wake. I didn't know about what had happened until yesterday. If I had known I would have at the wake in a heartbeat. Finally I want you to know that if we have the charity tourney I will definitly make it.

Top Bottom