• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Upstate New York Tournament Thread

Inty17

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone know about smashers in Rochester, NY? I just started going to U of Rochester, and I'm from Socal, so I'm seriously smash deprived right now. Could anyone help me out?

Sharky

Smash Master
If you play melee, you're definitely in luck. If you play brawl, you're still in luck but you'll have a little less selection.

a nub

Smash Ace
Swag

At rit we play Wednesday in the sau cafe during EGS's meetings (8 - 11 only tho so its kinda eh) or preferably fridays 8 - 2 am also sau usually near fireside lounge. Its almost all melee so you're good

:phone:

Inty17

Smash Journeyman
Aight. I go to the Eastman School of Music, so i'm not too far, but i don't know how I'm gonna get there. I'm a Marth main btw, and I keep trying to find a secondary, but it's not working. Right now, it's Mario, but I'm working on Pika and G&W. lol

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
WNY coming in full force to Troy baby
If I don't go to Troy, who's down for a day long Smashfest at the apartment?
Exactly how free does troy have to be for this shift in mindset/logic to take place in a person who is essentially guaranteed to place in the money?

Aight. I go to the Eastman School of Music, so i'm not too far, but i don't know how I'm gonna get there. I'm a Marth main btw, and I keep trying to find a secondary, but it's not working. Right now, it's Mario, but I'm working on Pika and G&W. lol
For a person that only plays melee, that last statement sure is pretty Brawl.
lol i'll wait. whenever you guys wanna play, i'll play. Just keep me posted here about weekly stuff, and I'll do what I can to get over there.
Normally I would be the guy that picks people up for this kind of thing. But Im carless at the moment so I dont know what we can do. I have one guy that I might be able to convince to come get you provided he thinks its easy enough to get to you that he wont get lost. But in that case, you def. should have some gas cash on you.

Inty17

Smash Journeyman
The Eastman Campus is different from the U of R campus, so idk. And I know how smashers are. lol I always have my money with me for this kind of a thing. And no rush. Whenever you guys are free to pick me up, I'll come.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
INTY- Welcome to WNY Smash dude!

We've got a decent Melee scene. We're probably having a Smashfest at my apartment this Saturday, so if you need a ride just PM me. Can't wait to play w/ you man :)

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Goggles- LOL you're funny. Yo man, I'll do Brawl too at the apartment if you can get people to show Kyle. Do you think you can? Let's do a big Melee/ Brawl fest. We'll use multiple rooms @ my new place, it'll be sick

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
rochester... come to troy... come to cuse the night before... and all of ny will roll out in a big old happy fam instead of not seeing eachother in so long

damn endomorph!!!!! :smash:

plus we can rage if you all come to cuse a night before :pimp:

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Goggles- LOL you're funny. Yo man, I'll do Brawl too at the apartment if you can get people to show Kyle. Do you think you can? Let's do a big Melee/ Brawl fest. We'll use multiple rooms @ my new place, it'll be sick
Ima be real with you, helllllllll no.

Only people that still play brawl in rochester is:

Me and Neil (were gonna start practicing up again for AXS and Apex.
San (who isnt here during the school year)
Dr. G (who isnt here during the summer)
Gravy (If I havent completely made him give up yet)
and SMM1 (who is 14 years old, thus its hard as balls to get him to anything)

TommyGreenShirt

Smash Journeyman
Don't even worry about it, we're all so friendly up here. You can ride with me in my windowless van. It's easy to find because it has "free candy" scratched into the side. Can't miss it.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Jesiah's Smashfest #1

Jesiah's Smashfest #1

I've wanted for a long time to host good Smashfests, but there's always been issues. Now I think I've cleared them up though, and I'm fully moved into my new place. That being said, here are the details for the first official one.

Purpose
The purpose of these is going to be to improve first and foremost, but of course they are going to be a lot of fun as well. I'm willing to sit down one on one with people and help them if they want, or I'm down to play doubles, Tenkaichi, Fortress, Singles, etc, as there will def be all of those.

My apartment: 1105 University Ave, Rochester NY, 14607, Apartment 2. The intersection it's closest to is University and Culver, with the KFC and the Gas Station right there. My house is the Brown one, and on the right hand side of it, there is a huge parking lot for guests. That's where you should park.

Time
Saturday 9/24 8:00 PM- I chose this time because beginning late means we'll stay up all night playing, and that's old school right there. Back in the day when I first started playing, I used to go to Pennsylvania for STD's (Smash Till Dawn) and we'd just play all night, so that's what I'm planning on doing here.

What do you guys prefer?

Attendance List
*JesiahTEG
*Mythology
*Foy
*Nightro Glycerine
*INTY
*INTY Roommate (Possibly)
*INTY Roommate (Possibly)
*Secret Guest from Out of Region :)
*Flaw
*Pyro
*A Nub
*Humps
*Hubble

Those are who I have confirmed so far or close to confirmed. Here's a list of people I'm going to contact and get them to come. (Hopefully)

*Vicious
*Amber
*RTF
*Alex
*Sam
*Minh
*The General
*Jaiye
*Eaode

SETUPS

*Me- TV, Cube, Power Strip
*Flaw- TV, Cube, Power Strip

Guys this is huge. We only have ONE SETUP at my place. I would like there to be 4 altogether at least. Please list and tell me if you can bring a TV, Cube, or preferably both.

Food

There is a decent selection of food closeby. You have the gas station for snacks and stuff, then you have Price Rite, which is a very very super cheap store that is like a mini wegmans. You can pretty much get anything and I have an oven, microwave, toaster oven and obviously fridge/freezer for anyone who wants to get cookable food for very cheap. I ask that everyone cleans their own dishes though.

We also have a KFC two seconds away, and about a 5 minute walk is Park Ave, which is upper class dining in case anyone is trying to drop 10-20 on a meal haha.

All in all I'm very excited. Post to let me know if you're coming or not, and let me know your opinions on the time.

-Jesiah

darkoblivion12

Smash Lord
You might actually know one of my friends who plays (kind of) over there. he's actually come to RIT smash club a couple of times.

huMps

Smash Ace
Definitely cant make it jesse, sorry. Got work saturday. 56 HOURS this week. But I hope you really make this a bi/tri/weekly or monthly because you know I'm always down whenever possible. And *****es better make it out to LeRoy sometime. I commute like a mofo for these smashfests:202:

And who the hell is mythology?

a nub

Smash Ace
Kinda tight you didn't put me on the list either lol. I'll let jaiye and armando know about it too.

Matt any chance you can give us a ride? Hopefully this doesn't start too late cuz I might go to a party later that day lol

:phone:

flaw

Smash Apprentice
I can go and can bring a setup, maybe a power strip too if needed

and I guess I prefer during the day but don't really care either way

Top Bottom