• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Upstate New York Tournament Thread

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
Less posting, more hosting. D:

I miss the offline scene. Dunno if I'd ever be able to make a Troy tourney, though. I'm gonna be taking college courses to save money for tuition this year.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
from what i remember, you were like the same size as smm1, who is 14. so my bad on that. it also doesnt help that ive met you in person all of what, twice?

darkoblivion12

Smash Lord
When I get back to school I'm going to see what I can do about hosing **** this year. I'll probably be really busy again, but we'll see.

Erkekjetter

Smash Journeyman
I just got my license, and am in the process of purchasing a car. If i have enough time to ask for the days off from work, i'm willing to go.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
And of course Frannie and I have a permanent spot in his car due to all the rides that have been distributed in the past from Frannie.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Cornell people will definitely be interested in another AXS, though it's always iffy if we'll be able to come. I only have a shot of making it if it is on October 15th or November 5th. As for Melee players, Peter graduated leaving Rykard and Jimmy (and maybe Nainsoo but I'm not sure) as the only likely people to go. Dunno about Brawl players besides San.

eeveee

Smash Journeyman
Cornell people will definitely be interested in another AXS, though it's always iffy if we'll be able to come. I only have a shot of making it if it is on October 15th or November 5th. As for Melee players, Peter graduated leaving Rykard and Jimmy (and maybe Nainsoo but I'm not sure) as the only likely people to go. Dunno about Brawl players besides San.
There will be an AXS 3. I will discuss it with the rest of the Honor Society Executive Board and there will be at least a month's notice of when it will be. I will do what I can to accommodate for times, but it's very dependent upon when Syracuse University is hosting a game (as they engulf all of my campus' parking spots).

We may host something before the semester begins at our apartment.

edit: bcb good luck with AP classes. I had a lot of fun taking them and they really pay off - most anyone will tell you that.

-Frannie

huMps

Smash Ace
Ya so they just gave me the internet on my Fork lift's Lap top. . . . It feel like it's a trap.

AXS 3? try me best to get there. AXS 2 was fun even if it was literally the worst I have ever played. No excuses, just played like ****.

Jesse, stop being a D-bag and reply to one of the various ways I'm messaging you. Or I guess I'll just take the hint lol We gotta play some melee though seriously.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
If you (frannie and cura) want to do like a fun night where we smash and eat pizza I will so come. I only work now and hopefully once I start accumulating some savings I will be able to come to cuse a lot. I'd like to see more of everyone before the best ny tourny hosts leave (step it up goggles ;)) for ding dong land

Also jeff will be back in new york soon and he has been schooling the kids in japan he's been playing with haha so hopefully he'll wanna get around too, he'll be in rochester though no longer around syracuse so I'll be visiting more often and you guys should chill and play with him and whatnot.

smash 4ever i am so good i will still beat all your bottoms so silly.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
we just smashed and ate pizza yesterday. ill hit you up next time we get together

JamesG

Smash Journeyman
Hey! What is this! I said I wasn't gonna dedicate time to this game for competitive reasons, but I didn't say that I would stop playing it period.

Hit me up as well.

Itsnotmyfault

Smash Journeyman
so its official, end of august ill be up in august, who lives in the area.
You should hit up RPI's smash club (if you go to U Albany bus rides should be free to get to Troy). Speaking of which, I will be doing research from now until probably the end of October, so I'll be on campus once a week. I'm going to try and make the meetings Friday, so I can give Vibe a fresh ****ing at club.

MetalPat

Smash Ace
You should hit up RPI's smash club (if you go to U Albany bus rides should be free to get to Troy). Speaking of which, I will be doing research from now until probably the end of October, so I'll be on campus once a week. I'm going to try and make the meetings Friday, so I can give Vibe a fresh ****ing at club.
cool man, just give me a heads up later on when it starts and i migh check it out

Sharky

Smash Master
Hey! What is this! I said I wasn't gonna dedicate time to this game for competitive reasons, but I didn't say that I would stop playing it period.

Hit me up as well.
pm me and cura your number we'll hit you up on any cuse happenings.

edit: also a car might be in my near future. fingers crossed!

huMps

Smash Ace
So Friday there's going to be a girls night at my house and apparently I have to find some where to go. Who'll have me over for a melee all nighter?

DahremRuhar

Smash Ace
So wait, Cura FINALLY decides to hold something? Murphy's Law, it's during the two weeks I'm in Massachusetts. Guess I'll try and find out if THEY have a fest or tournament this weekend.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Me, Pikapika, San and possibly SMM1 are going. Hopefully we'll be able to talk his parents into it tomorrow. I asked TGS if we could stay with him on friday night. But we might end up just hittin up one of the suites keitaro got. since its only 10 bux. Its pretty much only dependant on if/when I have to work on friday. which i dont know yet. If I work late on friday. we'll stay with tommy and break the drive up. if i work early/dont work, we'll leave early and drive all the way, and stay at the suite.

Hopefully there'll be a schedule up tomorrow for me

Top Bottom