• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Upstate New York Tournament Thread

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Also, MDZ, I think the point is moot, but the whole "sorry for making you butthurt" is a bad idea. I guess what Steffon meant is that, this is kind of a false apology. As in "Well, I said something that you took particular offense to, but it's okay, cause you overreacted. In conclusion, I guess I'm sorry, but not really." It kind of rings false.
Well, no **** I was being a wise-*** with my reply :laugh:
I'm still curious as to why he said it, since I think he could come up with a rather interesting response.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
No, I'm not trolling.
I'm just being the devil's advocate in my manner of speaking to him, expecting a good reply out the guy.

Now stop making me explain myself, **** it. It kind of ruins the whole thing D<

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I dont think Im doing anything that i need my car for that super important on fri. You should be able to leave whenever.

Although I will say, my car has a couple quirks to it, so remind me to go over them for you. also, I kindly request that for letting you use my car for fri, sat, and sun. instead of any form of payment, all I ask is that you fill up my tank and have it near F when you brign it back to me.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Well, its matt.

I as well as everyone else in Mass respects him and Ive never seen anything said about him or done by him that would make me not trust him.

Oh I just thought of something matt. No drugs of any kind in my car. Not even alcohol, you arent 21 yet.

But yea, aside from that, hes a responsible guy to the best of what I know. I also said I would take him before I realised that I had plans this weekend. Not to mention that he let me stay at his house for a tournament once, (and apparently I ****** him over for it based on what dudutsai told me.) So I owe him anyway.

And if anything funny happens, I know Amber will beat his corny white behind.

Speaking of Amber. Heres something she and all you melee people might like.
http://allisbrawl.com/blogpost.aspx?id=74048

EDIT
Did anyone feel the earthquake earlier today, happened around 1:30

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I felt the earthquake. 5.0 magnitude iirc. Hopefully, not too much damage was caused.

LOL @ Goggles going to All is Brawl more.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
We here in Syracuse actually felt the earth quake as well. Not at any serve level but enough to know whats going on. Heard roch and liverpool felt it more serve though.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
i was just on my cpu and started jiggling. I thought I was just having a muscle spasm or something. and than my dad was like "did you feel that?"

it was weird lol. but i heard there was no damage anywhere aside from the occasional mirror falling off a wall

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
wahhhhh there's an earthquake wahhhhhhhhh

**** that i created the earthquake cuz i felt ppl were getting rowdy in my absence. let it be known

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Well, its matt.

I as well as everyone else in Mass respects him and Ive never seen anything said about him or done by him that would make me not trust him.

Oh I just thought of something matt. No drugs of any kind in my car. Not even alcohol, you arent 21 yet.
LOL
Don't worry. I wouldn't think of bringing drugs/alcohol into your car.

PoofyHair

Smash Journeyman
"Her stuff is SOOOOOO pringles."

Dude, 1st off where did you hear that line? I'm genuinely curious. Second, I bet there's other people that know what that means, but they would never say it.

Street Fighter reference.

ps: I will say that **** everyday til I die lol

I love this thread.
SKATERS GONNA SKATE

Well, its matt.

And if anything funny happens, I know Amber will beat his corny white behind.

Not a big deal...thanks for the car **** now I can go get my game on in Mass :D

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
TO PIKAPIKA!, or NEIL FREER

Dear Neil,

You used to be the best in Melee, and you were always my rival, even back when you used to 4 stock me. I always wanted to beat you, mainly cuz I hated you since you were the biggest ******* about beating me. Any normal noob would have quit after getting ***** and trashtalked by you, but alas, I have perservered and am now on my way to becoming the world's best Melee player.

However, I truly miss your Melee skills. You are one of VERY VERY few people, if not the ONLY person who, playing at their best, mentally and technically, can go even with me, if not, beat me. You had a unique playstyle that is ageless, like most old Melee pros. I'm talking about your Sheik mainly, but your Pika too, in certain matchups only though.

Now when I watch you, it's like...Wow, there's a player that could help me defend our region when people come play us, and also when we go to other regions. But, he doesn't care about the game anymore, so people that he definitely can beat, beat him.

However, I have a ton of respect that you continue to enter Melee tournaments, even though you know you're prolly gonna lose. At the very very least, keep doing that, however, this is an attempt to get you to play Melee again.

The only reason I care so much isn't becuase you used to be good, but it's because of your UNIQUE playstyle, that was truly smart, and ignored silly, unnecesary advancements in the metagame. You didn't do stupid tricks that people catch onto. You focused on reading and punish, a strategy that can never be beaten, no matter how much time the metagame has seen.

I know you have school, and I guess that's more important to you than Smash, but you should see people out of state here. Melee is their life dude. They go to school, get good grades, and just play Melee. They explore the finer details of the game, and they look forward to practicing so much, because the rewards of seeing themselves improve are so fulfilling to them. You can do school and Melee, it's def possible.

Another thing you're going to say is Brawl. Normally, I would say **** Brawl, play Melee...But, one thing stops me from saying that. That one day at Cyberstorm, where you ***** San and Cura and it was the best I had ever seen you play. That one day, showed me your true potential in Brawl, and although I won't say I'm happy you put the time you used to put Melee into Brawl, I will say I was satisfied, and happy to see your Brawl efforts pay off.

But, here's a question...Why not play both? Why not train with me in both Melee and Brawl, and we can **** face in both games? I want to play Brawl but I don't like playing because of certain things that people abuse. I don't mind losing to you though because you can genuinely outsmart me, something very few people can do in either game. So when I lose, I don't feel it's because of the gay game mechanics.

Also, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying you will be better than me LOL ***** I won 11 Brawl tournaments in a row for a reason, and San and Cura you can bet your ***** when I start training again I'ma keep on winning, cuz I'm a winner and that's what I do. Not that I don't respect you guys IMMENSELY, but WNY is MY region, and when I want to win at my home, I'll ****ing do it. That's that.

Anyways Neil, stop d1cking around dude. Enough hon, enough WOW, enough school, enough chilling at the apartment with random girls that don't matter. It's time to ****ing step up and become great again, like you were once.

What you gonna do, accept or ***** out?

Foy

Smash Champion
Huge emotional thing to neil about not *****ing out
Yo remember when you texted me and said you wanted to come home and didnt want to play ever again.

That was you almost *****ing out.

Props to Mango for getting this no *****ing out **** in your head.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
hey jesse, you have to beat me, before you can even ATTEMPT to fight san or cura.

now normally, being the sonic main that I am, I have resigned myself to being the one sonic that still doesnt time people out. But I will relieve myself of this restriction just to make you quit the game AGAIN (something like the fifth time), should you decide that you "want to win" in brawl again.

And now that im thinking about it. you have to get past ANGEL before you even step to me...

VibeSlyph

Smash Ace
Lol Jesiah. You have officially inspired me to make sure that your never #1 on Brawl PR.
Although, it's prolly' a bit outside of my power, since I suck *** at smash.

GL San and Cura, don't get *****.

Foy

Smash Champion
hey jesse, you have to beat me, before you can even ATTEMPT to fight san or cura.

now normally, being the sonic main that I am, I have resigned myself to being the one sonic that still doesnt time people out. But I will relieve myself of this restriction just to make you quit the game AGAIN (something like the fifth time), should you decide that you "want to win" in brawl again.

And now that im thinking about it. you have to get past ANGEL before you even step to me...
Didnt you lose a MM to angel once.

Didnt you make your PR like 80% based off MM's?

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.
What happens if you have no money to match with D:?
I'm ****ed.
Get a **** job.

That one day at Cyberstorm, where you ***** San and Cura and it was the best I had ever seen you play. That one day, showed me your true potential in Brawl
This is old school, To bad he loses to snakeee, me, dr.g and goggles now Lol.

San and Cura you can bet your ***** when I start training again I'ma keep on winning, cuz I'm a winner and that's what I do. Not that I don't respect you guys IMMENSELY, but WNY is MY region, and when I want to win at my home, I'll ****ing do it. That's that.
I look forward to this greatly, We can all use good snake practice. However i cant speak for san but you wont beat me anymore. And another thing, You can have Wny , Aside from a few people all they do is argue with each other Lol. Besides both Me and San are Central (Cny) And from what i see CNY is pretty far ahead of WNY in brawl terms.

Anyways Neil, stop d1cking around dude. Enough hon, enough WOW
100% agree to this.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
i had a dream with all of you in it it was really bizarre but awesome i was two stocking everyone with mario for some reason... with weird combos like dair to dsmash lmfao

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
FYI cura I have been cutting back =)

I smoked a lot of legal bud for a couple weeks then had a really negative experience with it so I'm back onto normal weed, plus legal bud gets to be expensive =( I'll still use it sparingly, it's really nice to mix it up ^.^

also... god **** SS3 can't wait =) gonna enter that **** with zelda and zelda in teams OMG its going to be so ****

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Lol that will definitely been an interesting team to watch. Id love to see how you do. Sorry zeb if, Canada does come down its unlike a fox/zelda team will get first. But i hope you guys do!

Top Bottom