• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Updated*check out first page for details.*

Pi

Smash Hero
New players don't pick up marth because they watch videos of M2K marthing and can't replicate it and get discouraged then pick fox and shine gimp people and feel better about themselves

AXE 09

Smash Master
You think Marth is dead?

Have you seen how many PIKACHU players there are???

When you find out, THEN we'll talk about a character being dead =(

*watches video*

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
New players shouldn't be subjected to that
you brought them into the fire!:mad:

You think Marth is dead?

*watches video*
well to be honest in order to die something must first be alive....and honestly the pika movement never got started in melee ever:chuckle:

Pi

Smash Hero
You think Marth is dead?

*watches video*
Nobody MAINS pikachu AXE
He's just a fun character to screw around with
Stop screwing around AXE, we all know your main is falco.

AXE 09

Smash Master
you brought them into the fire!:mad:

well to be honest in order to die something must first be alive....and honestly the pika movement never got started in melee ever:chuckle:
LMAO good point hahaha

Watched the vid. Awesome :)

At the end though, you probably shouldn't have said "Marth is not dead"

Instead you should've put something like "Marth reigns forever" or something... more positive, you know? Plus the "forever" part would match for the music lol.

Other than that, nice stuff :)

Love Buzz

Smash Rookie
I'm not in position to comment, but I'd say it's less "Marth is dead" than it is "Marth isn't tied for #1 on the tier list." He's lacking rep right now.

That said, nice vid. Also, M2K is marth.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I'm not in position to comment, but I'd say it's less "Marth is dead" than it is "Marth isn't tied for #1 on the tier list." He's lacking rep right now.

That said, nice vid. Also, M2K is marth.
I agree & you have a point Axe. I should probably state that even though song is the same but a different version and the style is the same as the Falcon video. This isn't a challenge or answer to that video in any way shape or form. I just like the format so I copied it. Thats what Sharingans are for LOL

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
At the moment, he pretty much is.

There's HBK, Falcomist and M2k. Two have yet to prove themselves in a large tournament, the other plays Fox and Sheik almost as much.

Then again, Sheik is in a similar rut, everyone just likes running around lasering and making themselves shiny.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
At the moment, he pretty much is.

There's HBK, Falcomist and M2k. Two have yet to prove themselves in a large tournament, the other plays Fox and Sheik almost as much.

Then again, Sheik is in a similar rut, everyone just likes running around lasering and making themselves shiny.
I'm not sure you can say unproven. HBK Did pretty well at Pound and Falcomist beat out the likes of Dashizwiz, Lucky, and Silentspectre recently. Pretty good imo

Bones0

Smash Legend
When did Falcomist beat DSW? I know he came really close in one tournament, but I definitely remember DSW winning the last game of the last set with a clutch dair ledgeguard.

And don't forget strawhat.

Kanelol

Smash Lord
Drake's about as good as you'll get from today's rappers

so yeah he's terrible

Cute vid, even if you can't spell heroes

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
You think Marth is dead?

*watches video*
pikachu is like an aborted character

it was killed before it was even born

Niko45

Smash Master
Marth is a really difficult character to play at high level imo because he's heavily reliant on precise spacing and timing and also being extremely confident in that spacing.

He basically takes a ton more work to be good with than spacies/puff/sheik, so people get discouraged and find themselves picking up fox and doing just as well within no time.

Also, Drake sucks. Even in this era of rap there are like 10 better rappers. Even Kanye West is a better rapper than Drake. He even had his twitter hacked recently and all his direct messages are like corresponding with ghost writers about how many bars he needs for his next verse lol.

Kanelol

Smash Lord
Anyone listening to that song is only doing it for Travis Barker, let it go

@DJ Combo, who the **** combos with up air

Tairseth

Smash Apprentice
While Marth isn't popular(right now), who's to say a character is dead. I think that its strictly opinion. I love playing Marth and with enough determination I will improve and try to make a name for myself and all Marth players.

Zodiac

Smash Master
New players don't pick up marth because they watch videos of M2K marthing and can't replicate it and get discouraged then pick fox and shine gimp people and feel better about themselves
Lol, Its funny cause marth is a worse match up for puff.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Sorry but it had a fair amount of fat clips(unneeded with just a f-smash edge guard and that would be it).

Both me and my brother play as marth a fair amount and my marth should beat anything he throws out because I have a much better spacing and movement game even if I can't really combo.

Also when your trying to say ______ isn't dead don't show clips that are like 4 years old in many cases.

Really if you think marth is dead play as him differently. I focus on movement more than anything as him and I stay ground based most of the time with very aggesive fairs sometimes.

No if you want to talk about someone being dead look at low/bottom tier players

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I made this last night testing out my downloader. I only had a few clips to work with give me a break:ohwell:

Also I put this in the marth thread in the description that it's more or less just a video of my favorite marths. Ken doesn't currently play and those clips where kinda old but some argue that M2K's "Prime" was years ago so.....:p

anyway I will have a mass-marth video. With as many current marth players that are available. So send me a clip and I'll use it. No drake in next video don't worry :laugh:.

long term project so it won't be up soon.

ru5514n

Smash Ace
Marth isn't dead, he's just really stagnant right now. If M2K would go back to using Marth almost exclusively, or else some new really good Marth player does really well in a big tournament, his metagame will see rejuvenation.

L__

Smash Master
I made this last night testing out my downloader. I only had a few clips to work with give me a break:ohwell:

Also I put this in the marth thread in the description that it's more or less just a video of my favorite marths. Ken doesn't currently play and those clips where kinda old but some argue that M2K's "Prime" was years ago so.....:p

anyway I will have a mass-marth video. With as many current marth players that are available. So send me a clip and I'll use it. No drake in next video don't worry :laugh:.

long term project so it won't be up soon.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_FDkif0UZY

DCLXVI

Smash Apprentice
I wish M2k would play marth more, mainly because every time I see him edge guard I get motivated to work on my marth. There aren't any other marth players that are exciting to watch.

Also
Marth isn't dead, he's just really stagnant right now. If M2K would go back to using Marth almost exclusively, or else some new really good Marth player does really well in a big tournament, his metagame will see rejuvenation.
Every time I see metagame used like this I want to punch a kitten.

Top Bottom