• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UPDATED 12/26!~The Old Melee Texture Hacks Thread~

Ghetto

Smash Cadet
Yeah, I'll do a red ranger over the redfalcon when I get home from outta town this weekend.

Aoshi, search for CSP editing melée on YouTube, it's for editing the character selection portraits. It's the exact same process as the regular textures.

rpgfighter

Smash Journeyman
Newest Texture: Red Power Ranger Captain Falcon
Not worthy. :laugh:

These look like a lot of fun to do. Once I set it all up there has been one I have always wanted to do that I need to get to work on.

Cant wait to see more and more from everyone! :D

D1

Banned via Administration
K added everything to the first post so far. Thanks for all the contributions again guys! The Red Ranger Falcon is gettin added to my ISO ASAP!

nube

Smash Apprentice
Great job, D1. You made a little mistake though - the link to my old Rainbow FD can't be clicked, and you put the correct link to my old Rainbow FD beside Qual's White FD, which has not been uploaded. (And since he disappeared, will probably never get uploaded, unfortunately.)

My new Rainbow FD will be up tomorrow hopefully. (I've been sidetracked with my discovery of BLUE LAZERS yeayuh)

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
Does anyone have a Master Hand or Crazy Hand texture pack (I would like both Master and Crazy but ether one will do Master Hand more than anything)?

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
Turn Mario into Wario or a Wario texture to replace the Wario look alike costume. Anyway just asking.

Spade487

Smash Cadet
So I tried to include the red ranger in my iso and it gives me a tuxedo falcon instead.... Dunno if the link isn't working right for me or what. Anyhow I'm working on my own textures and I'll try to get them up asap, I'm also trying to find the offsets for the red aura around the lasers for falco atm. Dip.

Spade487

Smash Cadet
Oh I did want to ask if anyone had marths white costume texture dumps available so I can edit it. I can do the tcs' myself it's just a pain to grab it from dolphin.

Ghetto

Smash Cadet
So I tried to include the red ranger in my iso and it gives me a tuxedo falcon instead.... Dunno if the link isn't working right for me or what.
Hmm, looks like you're correct. I'll re-upload the red ranger texture.
EDIT: Here it is. Please update the first link
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=P4RYUG2W

OMG RED RANGER FALCON

Now someone do Green Ranger please!!! with the gold armor thing =)
Haha, a full pack is on the way. Not to worry!

D1

Banned via Administration
Holy crap I didn't notice ya there ZERO! <333

I'm gonna be going to Cali next week, then Otakon, then Apex afterwards guys. So it'll be hard for me to keep track of this thread for the next 3 weeks. So if anyone frets about me not adding their latest artwork to the front page, don't fret...I'll be back!

DIP!

Rykard

Smash Ace
he wasn't saying that i made those, just saying i found them and posted them in the thread. Please take credit so everyone can know you made them

nube

Smash Apprentice
Hey Ghetto, when I played with your bloody/zombie Doc, one of the eye textures is still the default, uneditted one, so when he attacks and stuff, his face constantly switches between being green-ish and peach-skin colour. Do you think you could fix this? It's just a small thing, so it's no big deal if not. Looking forward to seeing more textures from you.

nube

Smash Apprentice
Rainbow FD is complete:

Download

D1, could you take off my old Rainbow FD and replace it with this?

DarK LinK -X-

Smash Apprentice

Spade487

Smash Cadet
Zer0 Texture

Ok guys, so I finally made my first texture. This will be known as the Zer0 texture for marth I did my best to interpret how zero from the megaman series would look in marths cloths and this is what I came up with. Enjoy =D

Click Here to Get My Texture!

D1, tnx for the help getting started.

Spade487

Smash Cadet
the text on the cape is kinda blurry but it says
Zer0
Real Kings Wear Tiaras

TheDekuNut

Smash Journeyman
I don't know which thread might be taking suggestions but i think Yoshi's story would make a good dragonball themed stage: make the cloud into the flying nimbus, turn the shyguys in to dragonballs or maybe Nappa heads, turning the stage into those ever-so-common grass topped plateaus etc. In the abridged episodes Nappa does call piccolo a Yoshi. i dunno food for thought i guess

peyudosmith

Smash Journeyman
I cannot download M&SG's textures... could somebody fix the link or reupload them?

btw why is Red Ranger Falcon on neutral color? Shouldn't it be red?

anyway, great textures from everybody, thanks a lot!

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
Someone should try making

mega and proto climbers. I might do it but I haven't successfully finished any textures yet...

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
Some one could try to make Pokemon stadium into duelist staduim. I could imagine marth being seto kiba and Roy could be yugi (The hair would be the hardest to do though.)

DarK LinK -X-

Smash Apprentice
I haven't seen that many Falco textures for his green outfit that caught my eye as much, so it gave me a good excuse to attempt some texture hacking and make my own. Hope you guys enjoy it, BIG ups to Steelia for his texture package. Saved me MUUUUUCH time. xD

Here's the download link to the .DAT file. http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UJSCI2ZG

Also, I just had a question for some of the guys who really know there stuff with texture hacking. I attempted to upgrade this texture by putting a red scar on Falco's face, which I did. But, here's my little problem..

I want only one scar on either the left or right side of his face. Looking at these textures while editing them, I came to realize that most of them they mirror off one texture so the opposite side would declare the same exact texture in game. Great life saver, but big bummer if I wanted to get fancy like this. I know this is a hex problem, but I was wonder if you guys knew what hex variables I should look at in the DAT file so I could tell which is the characters left or right side?? Any help would be greatly appreciated. =D

Here's the link to this one if anyone wants to cop it, even though it's unfinished. ;)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PZXVC85X

Steelia

Smash Champion
Really kickin' texture there, DarK LinK -X-, and no prob for the texture package, glad I could help. ;)

Unfortunately... mirrored textures are way more complicated than that. You can't just add or remove hex from the file; you'd need to add an entirely new texture sheet to prevent mirroring, so it could overlap the mirror effect. If I'm correct, people figured this out in Brawl... Not sure if we'll get around to it any day ourselves, though.
For now, I'd say that looks really cool, but I feel you, trust me. You have no idea how badly I'd want an unmirrored character like Kirby or Jigglypuff.

Top Bottom